Player
    Character
    Kaedan Burkhardt
    World
    Atomos
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Vallamaria View Post
    Well it's understandable that people who play DPS would be upset about it. I mean they wait pretty long as it is in queues just to get into runs. So it would majorly suck for them to have the 1 hour notification of the server going down right while they're in the middle of their queue. Since they can't really continue waiting out the queue and do their run without risking getting disconnected right in the middle of their run. So they have to cancel their queue, wait for the auto-log off, log back onto the game after the 10 minutes are up, wait through a login queue if there is one, only to then have to wait in a queue for their run once again.

This of course becomes doubly problematic for folks with more limited free time to play. So while it doesn't affect non-DPS players as badly or people with a lot more free time to play it's not hard to see how it could greatly affect certain people.
    This is hyperbole, sorry to say. The server resets will occur in off-peak hours. Today's reset started at 12:00pm GMT +8. And the servers will only be down for 10 minutes. When they come back up, queues will actually be shorter if they log right back in again.

The chances of the daily server reset being right in the middle of someone's queue are very, very low.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Doctor Fumbles
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaedan View Post
    This is hyperbole, sorry to say. The server resets will occur in off-peak hours. Today's reset started at 12:00pm GMT +8. And the servers will only be down for 10 minutes. When they come back up, queues will actually be shorter if they log right back in again.

The chances of the daily server reset being right in the middle of someone's queue are very, very low.
    You are correct actually. I had a ten minute wait for expert just after the reset. It actually helps dps queue times if you are fast enough.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Aryn Tatsuuchi
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 85
    Quote Originally Posted by Vallamaria View Post
    It would be great if SE could actually implement a REAL fix for the login queue issue rather than a shitty band-aid fix like this. Since this just ends up greatly inconveniencing many innocent people. Though honestly they really should have just closed our server to transfers long ago. Since the World Transfer Service page had said for a long time that "Characters cannot be transferred to a World which has already reached the limit for character creation.". Yet despite that SE more than happily accepted money under the table from people wanting to transfer in for years. In the end it was SE's greed and refusal to seriously address the overpopulation issue sooner that lead to the state the server is in now.
    A 'proper' fix will take development and testing time.
    It is not something that would be albe to help now.

A proper fix should be worked on, but this 'band-aid fix' is helping to alleviate some of the issues for now.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Dekent Ridohl
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by TaranTatsuuchi View Post
    A 'proper' fix will take development and testing time.
    It is not something that would be albe to help now.

A proper fix should be worked on, but this 'band-aid fix' is helping to alleviate some of the issues for now.

^ This

I'd much rather have a band aid fix that helps today than wait a month with no word for an actual solution (here's hoping they are working on one though!)
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Sable Swan
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    There are two main reasons why, no, I will not hand wave this ridiculous half measure.

1. This was my roulette queue today: http://imgur.com/vTpisiE

Personally, I don't particularly mind the long queue. I have plenty of gathering and crafting to do in the downtime. But look at that elapsed time. It took an hour just to get the thing to pop. Combined with the ~25 minutes it takes to clear an expert dungeon with randoms, and I can literally do everything correctly and still face the possibility that I've going to get a world shut down notice half an hour into my wait. This means that not only have I wasted that time (again, I don't really mind the wait, but queueing for roulette does lock me out of other options), I'll have to reinvest it again later, if not forfeit my roulette for the day altogether. That is not okay. It is the height of sycophancy to argue that it is okay.

2. I play on Siren. Logging into my world is not a problem. It's never been a problem, apart from, like, the very first two hours that Stormblood went live. Even if I were to accept this ridiculous half measure as a good idea, it provides me with absolutely zero benefit. If anything, today was the first time I saw a queue since launch because, surprise surprise, booting everyone off means they'll all try to get back in at the same time. Now, that queue went fast, so I don't care about that, but it's still a detriment that I'm suffering for absolutely no benefit to me or my world. Siren is a low populated world, and I definitely do feel the drawbacks of that. I accept those drawbacks because I appreciate the advantages of not playing on a congested world more. But it kind of defeats the point if I have to suffer the same consequences of the circumstances I tried to duck out on the first place. If Balmung and certain other worlds have a problem with AFKers causing queues, then ffs, reboot Balmung and those worlds. We already know for a fact that worlds can be up independently of each other so it's not like it's all or nothing.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    S'epto Nyte
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    I'm on Balmung, I switched last November, to join an IRL friend who I have known for about 15 years now. I want to say that SE not addressing this situation like this sooner has caused a lot of strife on Balmung, and probably Gilgamesh, too. I am happy with this temporary fix for several reasons.

1) It has mitigated a lot of peak hours congestion even though the congestion has been going down slowly over the last few days while the patch-note players get their MSQ done and leave for the next 3 months. Yesterday, when I logged in at 3PM PST the queue was at 950. It ONLY took 40 minutes. Login queues at the same time on the previous days were at least 3 hours even if the queue was less than 3k. (For those bad at math that is approx 1000 logins in 45 minutes vs. 750 or less per hour) That is because the ratio of actives who log out when they are done vs. AFKers who never log out was better yesterday.

2) I can now move through Kugane's market area without freezing up due to the 100+ people at the retainer bell.

3) Friends who I haven't seen in a week or more because they cant log on in their limited amount of daily play time AND can not afford to leave their game running all day for various reasons actually showed up last night. It was awesome.
    (1)
    Last edited by Septonyte; 06-29-2017 at 08:56 PM.

Player
    Character
    Kaira Kimura
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    I just logged on and then I got the msg it was going down /sadface....

And now im back ina rather large queue GG SE GG....
    (0)
    Last edited by Kathryn; 06-29-2017 at 09:31 PM.

Player
    Character
    Arlizz Teirez
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    New Mog station item :
    Simultaneous Logout Measures Bypass
    50$ per account.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Viktorija Mestrovic
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    Honestly.. all this has done on my server is cause long queues for people to log back on. It has done nothing to resolve the issue of server congestion that is anyway measurable by the community. If anything, it feels like a bullying tactic to convince people to hop servers.. which will never in a million years happen on my server.. because 90% of English speakers are on Tonberry and cannot afford to leave for obvious reasons.
    (0)

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10