Player
    Character
    Kengi Stargazer
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 80

ffxiv royal menagerie trial Normal

Please lower the difficulty of the ffxiv royal menagerie trial. I spent over 12 hours non stop with several parties of all kinda trying to clear this content however its simply Impossible to beat unless I spent Millions in Gil to buy a clear from people who managed to beat it. This game has been a great thing to bring people together and have fun but this latest trial fight has made the game impossible to play I even tried beating it with the 140+ member FC I am part of and simply It just cannot be beaten even with understanding of all the mechanics of the fight he deals far too much damage repeatedly. Please Lower this difficulty or make trials like this completely optional and no longer part of the story line as its ruining a game I have played since 1.0
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jace Ossura
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    This is one of the best tuned final scenario bosses they've done.

If you can pass Bardam's trial you can beat the final scenario.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Callinon Soulforge
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    I mean... I beat it. I went in blind and while there are a lot of mechanics, none of them are particularly difficult to recognize or understand. Took me 3 tries. First try half the group had never seen the fight before so we were all watching and learning as quickly as we could. Second try I d/c'd and the game empties the lb gauge when that happens for no good reason. Third try was nearly flawless and he died. Even got to SAM LB3 at the end for extra dramatic effect.

Btw this was a solo queue in the duty finder.

I realize that you're subject to whomever comes with you in the DF, but it's not actually that difficult a fight if you just pay attention.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Suzuko Seki
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Didn't you already post this..
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Despair Senpai
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80
    How did it take you 12 hours to clear this? I don't see trial roulette groups taking more than 2-3 pulls.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Vicas Windwalker
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    Beat it on first attempt. Than did it 2 more times just for fun and beat it every time first attempt with different groups...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Soft Boiled
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Aw HELL no
    Please stop all these requests to nerf every single fight to the ground till you can do it without looking at the screen
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Hebrilith Martell
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 70
    (1/3)

There's no way that story fights ever need a nerf. If the majority of the playerbase has cleared it by being competent enough to do basic mechanics then something is wrong in your situation

Either you're:

Extremely unlucky and get utterly terrible groups (though you say you attempted this for 12 hours? How many groups were you in? Given your sample size of time - which I think is greatly exaggerated, you must have had a dozen or more groups - all of which, statistically, cannot be so bad that the chance of success is as low as you state)

Not knowledgeable enough in your job
    Which is understandable since a lot of the jobs have been fundamentally changed in the 4.0 reworks, and this fight is where you'll have your level 70 ability, which does impact your rotation to the point that you may be dropping buffs or messing up your rotation (this happened to me on BLM as a fresh 70 until I got used to the new additions and how to effectively utilise them)
    (0)
    Last edited by Hebrilith; 06-27-2017 at 09:54 PM.

Player
    Character
    Hebrilith Martell
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 70
    (2/3)

Not knowledgeable about the fight
    Again, the fight is balanced for casual players to be able to beat it. Note that I said CASUAL. Of course you have to have basic competency to do mechanics and pay attention to what is going on around you.
    If it is as you say, and you've spent 12 hours trying to clear this fight, then you should be able to know the mechanics 100% by now, and can explain it to your team? The healing required is not that intensive that the amount of damage being throw out is "too much" - perhaps your healers are tunnel visioning and dpsing or not pulling their weight? Is the fight is taking so long they're running out of MP and thus people start dying? - perhaps your party is not focusing the tail - which makes the fight longer.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Hebrilith Martell
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 70
    (3/3)

There are a number of problems that you, and your parties/FC/etc should address before blaming your difficulty in clearing on a fight that thousands of other players are able to clear without issues.

Introspection is a powerful thing.
    How can I/we improve?
    What did I/we do/didn't I do that I/we could have done?

(As an aside, why is there a 1000 character limit to posts? Never noticed that before)
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast