Player
    Character
    Kinura Xi
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90

QoL Suggestion: Minor Arcana and Undraw

This suggestion is more of a quality of life improvement for ps4 players and controller users on pc than a necessary change, but I'd like to propose a trait that at level 66 upgrades Undraw into Minor Arcana. As far as I know there isn't a situation where you'd use Undraw on a card rather than turn it into the lord or the lady (I could be wrong). It seems like a helpful upgrade and would help some of the button bloat since I'm unware of anyway method of macroing the two together without risking potentially throwing away a card you meant to minor arcana.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sacrilege Moonshadow
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilibrius View Post
    This suggestion is more of a quality of life improvement for ps4 players and controller users on pc than a necessary change, but I'd like to propose a trait that at level 66 upgrades Undraw into Minor Arcana. As far as I know there isn't a situation where you'd use Undraw on a card rather than turn it into the lord or the lady (I could be wrong). It seems like a helpful upgrade and would help some of the button bloat since I'm unware of anyway method of macroing the two together without risking potentially throwing away a card you meant to minor arcana.
    If you already had a Lord or Lady held and didn't want to use it immediately (let's say you planned on holding the Lady in reserve because you anticipated using it to split heal for an impending mechanic), you wouldn't want to remove the option merely to Undraw your unwanted Arcana.

Yes, in most cases I will make use of held Minor Arcana so that I don't have to Undraw if I get a bum card, but I would rather keep the actions separate.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Wyatt Shalott
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynfael View Post
    If you already had a Lord or Lady held and didn't want to use it immediately (let's say you planned on holding the Lady in reserve because you anticipated using it to split heal for an impending mechanic), you wouldn't want to remove the option merely to Undraw your unwanted Arcana.

Yes, in most cases I will make use of held Minor Arcana so that I don't have to Undraw if I get a bum card, but I would rather keep the actions separate.
    basically this. sometimes you already have a lord or lady and draw but dont want the card so youd need undraw
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kinura Xi
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynfael View Post

Thanks for the insight, I assumed you'd burn them as fast as you go them and not sit on them long enough between card draws. The heal is a mp free heal and the damage is extra dps so it seems like something you'd use often.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sacrilege Moonshadow
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilibrius View Post
    Thanks for the insight, I assumed you'd burn them as fast as you go them and not sit on them long enough between card draws. The heal is a mp free heal and the damage is extra dps so it seems like something you'd use often.
    Generally yes, but there are times when you might want to hold the Lady in reserve (the Lord not as much).

If I already have a Lady held and am breezing through the current healing requirement, I may hold it for a bit if I anticipate either a damage spike or the desire to conserve more MP (e.g. I plan to Gravity spam until I'm nearly dry).
    (0)