Player
    Character
    Prince Zafan
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Rogue Lv 50

Heavensward? Am I missing something here?

So I played FFXIV ARR years back and fell out of it for a while. When Heavesward caming out, it looking amazing yet I still decided to hold off. Well earlier this year, after hearing so much about Stormblood, I decided to get back into it and have been enjoying it so far.

I know i'm behind the movement, however I am now at the point to where I am through the ARR content and needing to get Heavensward.. However, when I go to the shop, it pretty much has all the Heavensward packages (From basic to collectors) DISCONTINUED.

Now, I know if I wanted to, I know I can go to a third party site (G2A, Amazon, etc) however, if I wanted to go through FFXIV's main hub, is there anyway ,for me to even buy Heavesward? I don't want to buy a complete package again as it's pointless and a waste of money.

I will go third party if I must, but I think at least a digital copy or code should still be for sale for new players.

Thanks in advance.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nesshin'na Kasai
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    AFAIK Heavensward is no longer available for individual purchase because it is included in Stormblood - if you buy Stormblood you get access to Heavensward also.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Frizze Steeleblaze
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Currently they arent offering HW as a standalone expansion. But as Sagittarian said, its included in Stormblood(you need to pass HW to get to the SB part of the story afterall). So if SB hyped you up, just buy that and as a bonus youll get all the HW stuff as well.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Hashmael Lightswain
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Only real downside (if you consider it one) is that you don't get any real pause point at the end of HW probably. Level cap increase and story just keeps going.

I'm kinda regretting not buying HW a bit earlier, and maybe just holding onto it until I was ready. I've been enjoying wrapping up some of last bits of ARR here, gonna be an awkward transition for me when I'm stalling at the end of HW, I'm expecting.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Y'kayah Tia
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasrat View Post
    Only real downside (if you consider it one) is that you don't get any real pause point at the end of HW probably. Level cap increase and story just keeps going.

I'm kinda regretting not buying HW a bit earlier, and maybe just holding onto it until I was ready. I've been enjoying wrapping up some of last bits of ARR here, gonna be an awkward transition for me when I'm stalling at the end of HW, I'm expecting.
    This is why it was a really bad move on SE's part to quit selling Heavensward on its own.

But for myself I'm just hoping that when they discontinued selling it, they didn't invalidate codes for it. I did buy it earlier, and am still waiting to register it since there are things left in ARR I haven't finished yet. Now I'm just worried about whether, once I'm ready to start on HW, whether the copy I bought will even be usable any more.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Alicia Blackthorne
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 70
    Buy Stormblood, it comes with HW. I bought mine on Greenman gaming, in case you can't find a similar deal elsewhere.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cerys Fairbairn
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    How is bundling HW and SB together even a bad idea? SE is literally giving away HW for free now.

The price of HW at release was $39.99 for standard and $59.99 for digital CE. It includes only the HW expansion.

The price of SB at release is $39.99 for standard and $59.99 for digital CE. It includes both HW and SB expansions.

Sure the price of HW dropped over time, but it is practically for free now. Only goes to show that people will always find something to complain about, even if it is free.

I think you need to change how you see it. SE is not removing HW and selling only a bundled HW + SB. SE is removing HW and selling SB while giving away HW for free.
    (4)
    Last edited by SecretCrowds; 06-28-2017 at 04:20 PM.

Player
    Character
    Y'kayah Tia
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by SecretCrowds View Post
    How is bundling HW and SB together even a bad idea? SE is literally giving away HW for free now.
    Nobody has complained about SB including HW. That's a great deal.

But it would still be good to also allow people who want HW without having to get SB the option to still buy the first expansion by itself, just as we used to be able to. That's an ability that's been taken away unless you search around among third party retailers for one who still has old copies. It's generally a bad practice to take away options people used to have. Since SE already has standalone HW installations, it's not like it would take anything extra from them to continue selling them, and allow players the freedom we used to have.

The main reason for wanting one without the other is level caps. I've avoided registering HW all this time (despite the frustration about not being able to create an Au Ra alt) simply to be able to keep my level at 50 as long as it takes to go through everything the game has at that level. There is a ton of stuff to do at level 50. I've been level 50 for a little over two and a half years now and still haven't finished everything there is to do. There is no way I'd have been able to do nearly as much of it if I'd had Heavensward on my account. Even splitting content between different jobs, I couldn't have kept them at 50 nearly long enough. (And the relic weapon quests can't even be split between jobs, as it's a separate upgrade process for each of them.)

Once I finish all my ARR goals, I'm going to register HW in order to do it's content, and the same will happen at level 60. There's years worth of content at that level, and the only way people will get a chance to do it is by having a level cap that will allow them to stay level 60. That's only possible if we can register HW without registering SB. If new players trying to buy it now can't buy them individually, then most of HW's content will be lost to them. Despite Samurai and Red Mage being my favorite FF jobs, I'll gladly hold off on starting them in order to get the entire previous expansion actually playable rather than nerfed into a ridiculous joke by being 10 levels and a hundred or so item levels above it.
    (0)
    Last edited by Niwashi; 07-01-2017 at 03:54 AM.