Player
    Character
    Zio Scythe
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80

New to collectables

I'm like gather 800ish and preception 900ish. What is the rotation needed. I'm only getting 432ish rating. My GP is like 670.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Gemina Lunarian
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    First use a reliable database to plan for your targeted unspoiled/ephemeral node. I use http://www.ffxivclock.com/#/

You will want to know the slot of your targeted item so you don't burn 300GP making the items reachable. You will need a 600GP to take full advantage. With 650GP you can use the first 50 on sharp vision/field mastery to bring your targeted item to 100%. Since the difference in scrips between minimum collectability and maximum collectability is minimum, the idea is to increase collectability just enough for a turn in so your attempts are spent gathering as many as possible. IOW, why turn in 2-3 collectibles for 26 scrips, when you can turn in 4-5 for 23 scrips.

There are two rotations I use. One is safe for a guaranteed 2-4 turn ins. The other plays with RNG for a possible 2-6 turn ins using instinctual appraisal. The idea behind IA is to get to collectability in two swings instead of three. Each rotation requires 600GP

Safe rotation: Discerning eye >> Methodical appraisal >> Discerning eye >> Methodical appraisal >> Single mind >> Methodical appraisal >> Collect

Hi-risk rotation: Discerning eye >> Instinctual appraisal >> Discerning eye >> Single mind >> Instinctual appraisal >> Collect

The risky rotation requires is high proc from the first IA, if you do not get it, it is best to abandon this rotation. Continuing it can result in only 1-2 collectables, or zero if you really blow it.
    (0)
    Last edited by Gemina; 06-26-2017 at 12:19 AM.

Player
    Character
    Moriel Odindottir
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 80
    For 450+ I like to use Single Mind >Methodical Appraisal, Single Mind >Methodical Appraisal, Utmost Caution>Methodical Appraisal, Methodical Appraisal. This gets you 460 collectability and an extra gather attempt.
    (0)