Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
    Player
    Character
    Kaede Ensetsu
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 56
    i have been tanking since 1.2 and started a new account, and people being in a hurry, sometimes doesn't even send a commendation my way.
    My char on Cactuar already have 100+ in one month, My new char in Zalera barely have 23 and i´m already lv50 pal.
    My legacy account only played 3 months of 2.0 and had 400+ on that one .
    Something dies inside of me when i see we had a smooth run and everyone laves in a hurry
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Deedlit Blanchimont
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 70
    My new main is Red Mage...though I should say it's my old main since I couldn't be on it in this game until now and I'm back on it, was first to 70 and I was teaming up with a friend who got Warrior up for it. Now it's my turn to bring Dark Knight up to help with his Machinist.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Elodie Claire
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    I've been healing in MMOs since the launch of WoW and even I dont want to heal at the moment. Only AST made it through in a passable fashion and thats ONLY because they were barely touched. Not a good look when DPS classes are seeing total revamps and the two new DPS classes are amazingly polished.

Want people to heal and tank? Don't make healers and tanks boring or clunky.

Also, this expansion should have been the start of hybrids and support roles. I dunno why they doubled down and went with only single, pure roles per class. Red Mage is well made but it absolutely should be able to swap to a healing role outside of combat. It's a Red Mage, for crying out loud.
    (0)
    Last edited by Mapleine; 07-01-2017 at 07:07 AM.

Player
    Character
    Jubii Io
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Well SOMEONE has to que with the folks who waited 20 minutes to get in.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kulthoen Akkiran
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 50
    First off, I don't see anything wrong with people charging for fast queue times. if peeps want to do it, it's their playtime. And it's not like they're controlling a market here, or shutting people off from life critical services.

Secondly, I think the OP is a great idea. what I don't get is why people are coming in here and sidetracking the thread with the whole ethical argument, or even with comments like "I'll never do that!" fine. don't do it. And don't fill this thread up with useless comments. move along. let people who want to donate their time do so without having to wade through comments not related to the original post.

He didn't ask people if they think it's OK...he asked people to list themselves here if they were willing to donate their time. if you don't want to, that's fine. move along, you obviously don't need to be here.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Crysta Elizabeth
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 80
    The super simplified most tanks/healers while also removing much of the reward for performing well and multitasking, not to mention the balance issue. Yoshi is right that adding new tanks and healers doesn't necessarily create more in the end, but I feel they didn't take into consideration that they could drive them AWAY still. If they aren't going to allow us to effectively weave dps and it mean something, they need to do something else, some kind of reward for us to excel with. DPS well.... dps harder, get big numbers, stuff dies faster. If tank and healers both excel...they are bored more. They did almost nothing to make them more engaging or rewarding, in fact leaving many of us to feel weaker.

I am 314 WHM, I don't expect to be rocking DPS numbers but... its miserable doing anything outside of group content with this piteous damage, getting 24 ilv since hitting 70 had basically no effect on that.

I am going to level most classes, I am on the last healer and given the situation will likely do tanks next, dungeon grinding like my healers. Its efficient for me, and helps the queues along. Hopefully they can sort this out for real though...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Niel Kalverra
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Mapleine View Post
    Want people to heal and tank? Don't make healers and tanks boring or clunky.
    Again - Healing and tanking requires a special mindset, the willingness to give yourself for the team instead of doing constant big numbers, being on the mercy of the DPS, and the readiness face criticism when you don't perform well.
    You can throw in new Tank and Healer classes left and right if you will, in the end roulettes will still give out the 'Adventurer in need' bonus to either of them 95% of the time once the 'new' shine has worn off.

Those roles aren't for everyone, while DPS can be played by anyone without bigger punishment other than longer dungeon clears.
    There's a reason why healers/tanks/supports in nearly every mmo, moba and competetive pvp game are the least played class/role.
    (0)
    Last edited by Arrius; 07-01-2017 at 03:05 PM.

Player
    Character
    Famine Cruor
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 70
    I read this thread and spent an hour and change riding around Mateus, offering fast queues to anyone who wanted in. The whole experience was mildly embarassing, and I feel bad about having bothered strangers. You'd seriously do more good just helping out people in your FC; no one likes talking to random samaritans.
    (0)
    Last edited by Galgarion; 07-01-2017 at 05:08 PM.

Player
    Character
    Cassandra Solidor
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrius View Post
    Again - Healing and tanking requires a special mindset, the willingness to give yourself for the team instead of doing constant big numbers, being on the mercy of the DPS, and the readiness face criticism when you don't perform well.
    You can throw in new Tank and Healer classes left and right if you will, in the end roulettes will still give out the 'Adventurer in need' bonus to either of them 95% of the time once the 'new' shine has worn off.

Those roles aren't for everyone, while DPS can be played by anyone without bigger punishment other than longer dungeon clears.
    There's a reason why healers/tanks/supports in nearly every mmo, moba and competetive pvp game are the least played class/role.
    While undoubtedly true, their changes to Scholar inevitably drove many away. That is seemingly the issue right now. Current tanks and healers went the DPS route due to their changes.
    (0)

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8