Player
    Character
    Your Character
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Blue Mage Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Reynhart View Post
    That's 25% by equipping STR accessories, add another 25% by not being in tank stance.
    Except that's not even right. Cooldowns are multiplicative, not additive.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Alkimi Asura
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Felorr View Post
    This has been happening for years. Although "half the eHP" is an exaggeration.
    The main problem is access to invulnerabilty cooldowns (Hallowed Ground etc.). On Susano Ex you can just use them on half if not more of the Stormsplitters. The other half of them you have all your other CDs for.

While it's too late now, in 5.0 I'd actually like to see them remove these 3 abilities and make tank busters actually dangerous again, not something you just cheese with invulnerability.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aleph Alpha
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Reynhart View Post
    That's 25% by equipping STR accessories, add another 25% by not being in tank stance.
    Well then I guess by your standards most of the raid contents in this game are badly designed. Though on the other hand if you make tanking much harder than now, that the good tanks need to stay in tank stance most of the time, people will just come to the forums and complain about how hard it is to tank lol. The devs can't design contents around the top performance of every job. Gordias was probably designed around dps jobs doing near optimal rotation to clear, and most people couldn't get past the dps checks. If there's a raid tier designed around tank jobs doing near optimal mitigation rotation to survive I can imagine something similar happening.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Reynhart Kristensen
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistaire View Post
    Except that's not even right.
    Indeed.

And on top of that, it will be far worse. Back in Gordias, you had the choice of being an i210 VIT tank or an i210 STR tank. You traded full eHP for full DPS. Now, you don't have the option of being a capped ilvl STR tank, since the highest str acc you'll have are i270. So, your DPS increase may not even be enough to significantly shorten fights durations and compensate for what you lose on eHP.
    Quote Originally Posted by aleph_null View Post
    Well then I guess by your standards most of the raid contents in this game are badly designed.
    For, me, yes, they are. The only purpose of the tank stance is to...well, tank. If you don't need it, then it's a big oversight. And if you want to separate good tanks from bad tanks, you can expand their rotation instead. After all, DPS don't have stances yet they have a pretty high skill ceiling.

If I were to design the tanks, I would have made things very differently from the beginning. No enmity bonus on skills, huge enmity bonus on stance, base HP on par with DPS but much higher damage mitigation from stance, and weapon skills that would actually contribute to active mitigation far more.
    (0)
    Last edited by Reynhart; 06-26-2017 at 01:51 AM.

Player
    Character
    Isack Eron
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    Quick question, what about the left side? Some of the tanks in my LS have been shoving Direct Hit into everything and I'm not sure if that is the best idea.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tobias Shadowmane
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Ackeron View Post
    Quick question, what about the left side? Some of the tanks in my LS have been shoving Direct Hit into everything and I'm not sure if that is the best idea.
    Yes, speaking of there's a quote about Tenacity being more noticeable in Savage. As I'm hearing it DH is to boost dps hence why its not on tank gear. But for the left side belt inclused what materia should go on what type of piece? I'm almost certain it'll be different between crafted 5 slot and locked blue gear. Kind of like go all DH or meld DH on weapons, then Det/Tenacity on body/legs, then DH crit on heads, hands, feet, belt. Using crafted gear I'm assuming all DHVI on left slots with V Det/ Ten ans V Crit/SkS for the forbidden melds.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nonomu Nomu
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    I'm going with full DH atm for raid, but tenacity is pretty decent for early raid prog as well(lots of world race tanks use it) and of course STR on accessories
    I dont think any other stat is worth melding atm

I'm expecting Tenacity to become favoured overall for next tier
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Subrias Aikanaro
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70
    ok.. real question here.. since they have added str to our accessories and made downgrading a major problem... is it now worth having the crafted accessories over the 330 creation and 340 (if u can get them) other ones?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Pixiline Paradigm
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 66
    Gear for Tenacity, meld for DH. Example assuming no crafted gear: http://ffxiv.ariyala.com/128FT
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Subrias Aikanaro
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70
    i was more talking is overmelding better than the 1 str/8 stam and 3 side stats you get for non crafted accessories
    (0)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast