Player
    Character
    Overlord Mitron
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 63

New Rare Spawn FATE's in Stormblood: How they work.

This is a work in progress thread; please share information you may have such as spawn conditions and locations.

Hey guys! I'm back! This time with Stormbloods rare spawn FATE's! I've only just recently fought Ixion last night and while I have yet to fight Foxy Lady (I've been camping her for so long) I want to go ahead and get this thread started.

It may not have much yet but I'm slowly scouring the internet and reddit for info on these two FATE's and to look into other FATE's that may have some daunting requirements. I'm also stuck in queue at the moment or else I'd have some pictures.

Tamamo-no-Gozen - Four Part FATE Chain - Yanxia. Reward: Sassho-seki Fragment
    The Fox Hunt, as people like to call it, is a four part FATE chain similar to how the Vedrfolnir FATE chain was in Heavensward but instead of an hour to two hour cooldown on the final FATE's spawning it is instead a 12-24 hour cooldown.
    Two pre-requisite FATE's are required to spawn a third fate. These two FATE's are player activated and show up on the map as Ginko and Kinko. Ginko spawns a fATE called More to Offer in the upper portion of the map while Kinko spawns a FATE called Freedom Flies in the lower section. Upon completion and if atleast 1-2 hours have passed since the third FATE's completion, the third FATE will spawn called Outfoxed in the upper right side of the map in a small pond with a tree. If it has been at least 12-24 hours since the previous completion of the fourth FATE in the chain a hidden FATE will potentially spawn called Foxy Lady.

This FATE can spawn in one of five locations and will pit you against Tamamo-no-Gozen, the Red and White Kitsune from Outfoxed. While the fourth FATE is very much like Odin in that it only pops up on your map when you're near it, the Fox is comparable to an S rank in that it will show up on screen from a far distance. There is no weather associated with this FATE's spawn. The Boss will occasionally turn in random directions, dealing a line of damage in front of herself. Another move is a gaze AoE, so long as you turn from her when you see the eye looking symbol you can avoid this attack.

Rewards
    Upon Completion of Outfoxed, you will be granted 1 Sassho-seki Fragment. Upon Gold Completion of Foxy Lady you will be granted 15 Sassho-seki Fragments | Silver completion awards 9 Sassho-seki Fragments. These fragments can be turned in for 1 of 3 rewards in Rhalgr's Reach.
    - Stuffed Fox - Furnishing - 3 Sassho-seki Fragments.
    - Fox Pup - Minion - 3 Sassho-seki Fragments.
    - Tamamo Headband (Dyeable) - Headgear- 6 Sassho-seki Fragments.

Ixion - Boss FATE - The Lochs. Reward: Ixion Horn

The FATE associated with Ixion is again like Odin in that you must be near it for it to show up on your map and is called A Horse Outside. For those familiar with the FFXI Ixion, this boss is similar in that it has a shield up and must be removed with Stygian Ash. Stygian Ash is an item that can drop from Timeworn Gazelleskin Maps and is unique in that you can only have 1 on you at a time. The Fight against Ixion is comparable to that of Odin in that a slew of AoE's will be cast as well as a boss like mechanic where 3 additional Ixions are summoned. If one of these three is facing you, you best move to a new direction where no Ixion are facing in your direction as they will charge after a period of time and potentially kill or heavily damage you. There is an add phase in which a varying number of lightning elementals will spawn and Ixion will start a long cast. Defeat these elementals or else Ixions shield will regenerate.

Rewards
    For Silver Completion you will receive 1 Ixion Horn. For Gold Completion you will receive 2 Ixion Horns. These horns can be traded in Rhalgr's Reach for a single reward.
    - Ixion Clarion - Mount - 12 Ixion Horns.
    (17)
    Last edited by Grimmel; 07-03-2017 at 06:30 AM.

Player
    Character
    Soki Yagami
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 70
    I've heard words that the Quicklevin weather for Ixion will only happen after Thunder weather at Lochs, can anyone confirm/deny?

Just camped one myself, can confirm weather doesn't matter. Weather will change on demand upon spawning like Odin does.
    (1)
    Last edited by SokiYagami; 07-05-2017 at 11:27 PM.

Player
    Character
    Aurelia Selvans
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by SokiYagami View Post
    I've heard words that the Quicklevin weather for Ixion will only happen after Thunder weather at Lochs, can anyone confirm/deny?
    Can spawn after any weather. Thunderstorms are not a requirement. Source: saw it spawn after tstorms and after cloudy, shortly after timed weather change (12am, 8am, 4pm Eorzea Time).

Also, while I did not watch the weather change personally for this case, I checked the forecast before entering an Trial, and the forecast was about to change to clear. Roughly a minute later, Ixion call went out in hunt linkshell.
    (0)
    Last edited by ChimeraXIII; 07-05-2017 at 10:54 AM.

Player
    Character
    Cirra Maru
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    Ginko and Kinko don't affect Outfoxed whatsoever. There have been 3-4 Kinkos and Ginkos and still not Outfoxed spawn. Been waiting over an hour since the last Outfoxed spawn.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Baradaeg Ryssbhirwyn
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiramu View Post
    Ginko and Kinko don't affect Outfoxed whatsoever. There have been 3-4 Kinkos and Ginkos and still not Outfoxed spawn. Been waiting over an hour since the last Outfoxed spawn.
    Outfoxed has a cooldown of 2 hours not 1.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Cirra Maru
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion88 View Post
    Outfoxed has a cooldown of 2 hours not 1.
    Regardless, if those other fates did anything then you wouldn't be waiting 2 hours now would you?

EDIT: Also, how do you expect everyone to know this? It was hard enough to find information about where to turn the fate rewards into. People just go on about how you can dye the bloody things to match your hair colour!
    (0)
    Last edited by Chiramu; 07-08-2017 at 04:25 PM.

Player
    Character
    Nana Sakurai
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 70
    Just here to give my two cents.

Reading up online about japanese legends i see that indeed there are different kind of kyubis (fox deities), there ones called Ginko (gold foxes, symbol of the sun) and others called Kinko (silver foxes, symbol of the moon). When Outfoxed Fate finishes a GOLDEN FOX does appear, my thoughts on this? Ginko - Kinko fate must be the prerequisite for Fox Comes Back. Outfoxed simply has its own window imo.

Now to the tricky part... What if you need to complete Ginko during daytime and Kinko during nighttime? Or only kill ONE of the Fates in the appropiate time of the day and leave the other be?

Im sorry, just my thoughts, can't confirm, i don't play long enough and don't have the people to back up my theory, i beg your help.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ellia Lombardia
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    I think Ixion is on a 72 hour spawn timer because people said it was killed here around 6am this morning and the last kill was Thursday.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aranie Crowley
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 81
    Thank you so much SE for alway reminding me that I should quit my job to enjoy your game \o/
    Been scouting Fox Lady for 2 days and guess when she decided to pop everytime ? While I'm at work of course \o/

So I can either work and pay your sub or resign and hunt Fox Lady ! Oh wait, no job, no money, no sub.....
    (4)
    Quote Originally Posted by Watachy View Post
    C'était en fait SE qui survolait Ishgard sur une liasse de billets

Quote Originally Posted by KaivaC View Post
    People don't know how to take criticism anymore, and bad play is rewarded with with a coddling mentality. Yes, this is a casual game for the most part - that doesn't mean people need to walk on eggshells in fear of getting reported for pointing out things. This whole 'please don't say anything even slightly negative' mentality that we seem to be going towards and the devs seemingly pushing towards it is creating a disturbing trend.