Player
    Character
    Popowudu Nanawudu
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 64

Lack of commas in sidequest dialogue

This isn't necessarily a bug, but I'm not sure where else to bring this topic up.

I've noticed that in Stormblood sidequest dialogue, there are quite frequently commas missing where there otherwise would be ones—before conjunctions, mostly, such as "and" and "or." Whether or not this is grammatically correct aside, it isn't consistent with the rest of the game's text, including the main story quest dialogue in Stormblood.

As an example, the first sentence of this post might read like this if it were sidequest dialogue:
    "This isn't necessarily a bug but I'm not sure where else to bring this topic up."
    I've been spotting this a lot, and it's been bugging me a little, since this comma has always been present in the rest of the game's text. I've seen it in the sidequests in The Ruby Sea and Yanxia in particular.

I'm playing on the English language version.

In-game examples:

Yanxia sidequest - Beyond the Powers of Stone
    Hojo: "From the look of you I would say you are capable of lifting a stone or two. Would you mind lending me your strength?"
    (Missing comma after "you")

Ruby Sea sidequest - Unmeasured Strength
    Toro: "I have gone out and tested it against all manner of wild beast but it did not seem to have any effect."
    (Missing comma after "but")

Ruby Sea sidequest - A True Kojin of the Blue
    Saikoro: "Those gruesome beasts all look very similar so you may have to confront a few of them before you find the one with my wakizashi."
    (Missing comma after "similar")

Azim Steppe sidequest - Words Are Trivial
    Suvd: "If you wish to understand the Qestir you should start by considering why this area was named "Reunion.""
    (Missing comma after "Qestir")
    (1)
    Last edited by PopowuduNanawudu; 06-25-2017 at 02:24 AM.