Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Jafar Ginter
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 60
    Couple things, some have been touched on but lets consolidate the goodness. This will unfortuantely be a 4 parter:

First: Fleche and Contre Sixte are physical damage. Don't ask me man, they just are. Embolden doesn't do crap for 'em. Your 'enchanted' melee combo is magical damage(again, don't ask me man), but Enchanted Riposte is crap potency. If you're gonna hold embolden (debatable if it's worth it, I hold for first melee combo and pretty much use on CD after unless i'm bout to melee real soon) use it after Riposte or Zwerchhau. This is a great time to check if you have swiftcast(and acceleration) up and weave it so you can swiftcast the Verthunder/Veraero to try to proc the Verfire/Verstone your Verflare/Verholy didn't. This will leave you casting higher potency spells through the heavy part of your Embolden. Weaving between the melee combo is only 1 oGCD per GCD, they're < 1.5 seconds for Riposte and Zwer and < 2.2 seconds for Redoublement. Don't clip.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Jafar Ginter
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 60
    Second:

Precast Veraero/Verthunder for your opener then cast the other one. Use acceleration and diversion before you start the precast. You'll (example) Veraero->dualcast Verthunder -> Fleche -> Contre Sixte in the first two seconds of the fight for 1320 potency and without diversion on for that you will likely rip hate. This also gives you 2 chances (3 with swiftcast!) to get a Verstone/Verfire proc after your guaranteed one (Verstone in this example) before you have to cast a Jolt. Example of 0 proc beginning of opener would be 6-7 seconds prepull Acceleration -> Diversion -> 4-5 seconds pre-pull Veraero -> Verthunder -> Fleche -> Contre Sixte -> Verstone -> Verthunder -> Swiftcast -> Veraero. That's 2190 potency in the first 4 GCDs/10 seconds before you would, worst case scenario, have to touch a jolt. The Diversion will last long enough to mitigate the bulk of it.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Jafar Ginter
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 60
    Third:

Never ever weave anything between a hardcast and the dualcast after it. Ever. Not worth the lost GCD time. The only reason I would ever not immediately use the dualcast on Veraero/Verthunder is if I was at 80+ of each mana and using it on one would waste most of its mana capping 100 and using it on the other would make them perfectly even. Otherwise, use that dualcast. Hell, I might even use it on the capping/capped one anyway.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Jafar Ginter
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 60
    Fourth:

You're wasting 260 potency before you use manification with that opener. You just reset the cooldown on a corps-a-corps and a displacement you never used. Jog up between dualcasts when you're starting and then weave 'em in such that you are still by the boss. Dual/swift casted Verthunder/Veraero -> Displacement -> Jolt/Embolden/Verfire/Verstone -> Dualcasted Verthunder/Veraero -> Corps-a-corps. After manafication you can still weave corps-a-corps at melee range for the potency and displace at the end of your combo. You have plenty of time to run where you need to between dualcasts. They have different cooldowns so before we even consider the waste of holding both of them for melee combo you're wasting displacements holding them for corps-a-corps. This is the riskiest with the smallest reward part of maximizing RDM, and you need to learn when you can get away with it in each fight, but it makes a difference.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Xystel Unaki
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Kontai View Post
    Ok ok! I guess I just got a little excited, obviously it wasn't as smart as I thought. Ill try not to bother anyone with more posts like this.
    Nah dude. Keep working at it. Even if you come up with a rotation that doesn't quite fit the bill don't put yourself down. If you think you have something then put it in the Red Mage guide thread so we don't flood the board. Absolutely nothing wrong with creativity. If your created rotations aren't as good as they can be, someone better can come along and make it better.

The only way to get better at this game is to play and figure things out.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Sarynth Midgard
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    I like to embolden before verflare/verholy. Everything else looks good, and edit: I don't know why I didn't think of vercure pre pull.
    (1)
    Last edited by Sarynth; 06-24-2017 at 08:51 AM.

Player
    Character
    Jafar Ginter
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 60
    You didn't bother anyone! Keep posting. We can all learn from each other when we share our ideas
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Jafar Ginter
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarynth View Post
    I like to embolden before verflare/verholy. Everything else looks good, and edit: I don't know why I didn't think of vercure pre pull.
    Enhanced redoublement is great potency and magical damage, I'd suggest using embolden after zwerchhau or even after riposte. Without a countdown, cure for dualcast before a pull is nice. With a countdown, if you can prepull hardcast veraero/verthunder you can back to back your 11 mana generating 300 potency spells. It is most delicious.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Kacho Nacho
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Ok ok! I guess I just got a little excited, obviously it wasn't as smart as I thought. Ill try not to bother anyone with more posts like this.
    Please don't stop! Now is the time when people should be pitching their ideas so we can pick them apart, analyze, debate them.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Sir Rawrz
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    No im not trying to be mean! I'm at work with little time to respond. Didn't mean to sound harsh. Meant to be succinct.
    (1)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast