Player
    Character
    Mother Vain
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90

"Default Job Gear" option in Dungeons / Raids

Hi, for the hardcore FF players, the gear represents the job.

Can you please offer an option to override glamour in dungeons so the players seen are their job gear sets and not their glamours?

This would be tremendously helpful in raid content, and be really nice for old-school FF players who want the game to really feel like a Final Fantasy experience.
    (9)
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mother Vain
    Founding Leader for <TAINT> on Gilgamesh, the world's largest LGBTQIA+ gaming community

Giving OVER 3,000+ human beings around the world somewhere to call home since ARR beta.
    https://tiny.cc/taintinvite/

Player
    Character
    Lukh'a Lybhica
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    If an option like this would kill the objections to the various glamour-related requests people make and get shouted down for on this forum, I'd be all for it. More options are a good thing, even if it's the option not too see other people's options.
    (12)

Player
    Character
    Bravo Whiskey
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    I'm curious as to how this would be helpful in raids?
    (11)

Player
    Character
    Mother Vain
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Pence View Post
    I'm curious as to how this would be helpful in raids?
    Quick reaction to find the tank for tank swaps without going through the list, quick click on the character.

Also in instances of finding a white mage when groups are split, faster to see them than to read their name above and look back down. For a lot of times with streaming, you disable the full names so you have to manually go through the list.

Is it a make-or-break deal? No of course not, but I think it's more important to focus on easy identification and just lore-based playing. A lot of people get angry about the glamour for no reason and this seems to be a way to make everyone happy.
    (3)
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mother Vain
    Founding Leader for <TAINT> on Gilgamesh, the world's largest LGBTQIA+ gaming community

Giving OVER 3,000+ human beings around the world somewhere to call home since ARR beta.

Player
    Character
    Shyle Katriss
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 70
    Just mark your tanks and healers then?
    (10)

Player
    Character
    Dameron Blakesley
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 80
    I suppose it would be okay to add something like this if the demand is high enough.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Lodestone Bait
    World
    Pandaemonium
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Veritas-Ancora View Post
    No of course not, but I think it's more important to focus on easy identification and just lore-based playing.
    Well, if ease of identification is a concern, one of the first things you'd have to do is to disable Lalafells and display Hyurs or something taller in their stead. It's very easy to lose sight of Lalafell due to their size and what armor they wear is less apparent than on a taller race. The same could be said about Au Ra below the 50% line in the height slider to some degree.
    (10)

Player
    Character
    Sakura Yukimoto
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Zojha View Post
    Well, if ease of identification is a concern, one of the first things you'd have to do is to disable Lalafells and display Hyurs or something taller in their stead. It's very easy to lose sight of Lalafell due to their size and what armor they wear is less apparent than on a taller race. The same could be said about Au Ra below the 50% line in the height slider to some degree.
    My whole static is like this. Our tallest members are our bard (miqo'te woman somewhere around 50%) and our WAR (100% auri woman). Sakura here is 0%.
    (1)
    Something... something... edginess... shadows... wait... I'm supposed to be a paragon of love and justice!

Player
    Character
    Mother Vain
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Shyle View Post
    I don't want this merely seen simply from the raid perspective, however. Why mark when it can be automatically be seen? But that's only half of the issue, it's what this game was built on: the series.

Some of us are old school hardcore Final Fantasy fans. Raiding is really not the primary focus, merely a perk and something helpful.

In FF1, FF3, FF4, FF5, Tactics series, and even parts of FF9 were all job based. The appearance to feel more like a Final Fantasy and less like a standard MMO gives a better feeling through an option to do so.

To also clarify, this isn't "rawr rawr rawr glamour bad" it's just, hey why not a single button you can choose to click in the options to default all jobs to their job gear.
    (2)
    Last edited by Veritas-Ancora; 06-24-2017 at 09:00 AM.

Mother Vain

Player
    Character
    C'rysta Zeith
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 80
    I don't really see how this feature will help during more hectic scenarios. Gear is still gear. Marks. name plates, animations, how they are carrying their weapon, etc are better means to recognize a certain party member.

You mentioned a Tank swap as a situation where it would benefit you, if they would be shown in their Job Gear set. I personally study the mechanics of the raids, so that i know when the tank swaps or adds phase will be happening. Prior to that, i look for my tanking buddy based on his/her name plate. Next to that, when a tank swap is supposed to take place, your fellow tank should know when it happens as well, so that (s)he can can prepare for the actual swap.

In light of that, i don't really see the benefit of the feature you're requesting.

So, personally, i'll have to agree with Shyle:

Quote Originally Posted by Shyle View Post
    Marking key party members is the fastest way to see where they are.
    (8)

Credit goes to Niqo'te for her fabulous art in the "Nique's happy fun time!"-thread and Nix/Capa for the Caitlyn drawing to the right. \(^_^ )/
    Give her your support by liking their art!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast