Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Crystal Skye
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    I wouldn't mind an option to turn off horrible glamours. So many people have NO idea how to color coordinate their character with their gear and break immersion everytime I see them. An option to default people would be fine be me.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Yasuo Theunforgiven
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 80
    I mean on gamepad all i need to do is just hit the up and down button on the directional buttons to click on my healer or tank.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Shadow Link'
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Or they can add a shield/sword/cross next to their names in instanced content.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Mother Vain
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    I feel like nobody is reading the whole "job appearance and lore because this is a Final Fantasy game" aspect of this.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Vice Shark
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Veritas-Ancora View Post
    I feel like nobody is reading the whole "job appearance and lore because this is a Final Fantasy game" aspect of this.
    Maybe because its also an mmo and thus some QoLs will trump the game's lore.
    (7)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rein_eon_Osborne View Post
    Healing DRK is literally... the same since ShB. The reason why people think it's a meme to heal nowadays because DRK receives very little to no buff to their sustainability vs 3 other tanks getting something useful. If you're capable of healing DRK back in ShB (or any tanks), then you'll heal EW DRK just fine.

Player
    Character
    Doctor Fumbles
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 70
    If I am to understand this, this will just be on your client side correct? If it is not checked on my side, then I still see the glamours? If that is the case, I would be fine with it. Have fun seeing the hideous armor designs clearly made for females on male casters though.
    (3)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrasper View Post
    If I am to understand this, this will just be on your client side correct? If it is not checked on my side, then I still see the glamours? If that is the case, I would be fine with it. Have fun seeing the hideous armor designs clearly made for females on male casters though.
    I was thinking he'd enjoy the piece-mail effect most raiders get when they don't glamour. Min/maxing comes with the downside of not looking good without glamour.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Violet Baudelaire
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 83
    Wouldn't it be simpler to have people's current job symbols by their name or something?
    (10)

Player
    Character
    Diantha Sunstone
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Veritas-Ancora View Post
    I think the argument against that is this being an MMO with glamour options is that most players have no desire to resemble eachother nor have a bunch of identical looking characters running around.

But, I'm genuinely confused as to how seeing nothing but artifact gear on players would visually aid a player in and of itself.

I mean, imagine if your party consisted of a DRK, NIN, DRG, and AST. That's a lot of black, and you'd be hard pressed to make those snap visual judgements you think would be easier based on gear unless you can quickly parse other details....which sort of defeats the point of this being a benefit in combat.

Do other player's vanities bother people that much? What about lowbie players that can't use vanity?
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Mother Vain
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Ametrine View Post
    Do other player's vanities bother people that much? What about lowbie players that can't use vanity?
    I definitely don't want to eliminate glamours and vanity.

I do want to emphasize option. I would think this can be done client side, too. The gear even at low level does look pretty silly, but so does a Dark Knight running around with a bikini on. Should they be able to? Absolutely.

Still, the AF gear is so heavily underminded that the gear is available for less than an hour before a cheap-look tome gear replaces it. The devs put a lot of work into that gear, and old-school FF fans love that nostalgia just like nearly every boss they throw in this game.
    (4)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast