Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Hyomin Park
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Healing hasn't gotten harder, per say. Just parties don't collectively outgear content by 20+ ilvls anymore. Everyone is back to leveling (and gearing) up, so tanks can't always go balls to the wall in dungeons anymore, pulling everything between bosses and not using any mitigation for it. Parties have to adjust to the fact we aren't putgearing content anymore. Heavensward was similar in regards to its leveling dungeons, so this isn't really a new thing. With time and higher ilvl gear, I'm sure Stormblood content will devolve into what Heavensward content eventually became in terms of outgoing damage and healing requirements.

Addition: and from what I've heard, tank gameplay has changed so there's probably a lot of tanks still adjusting to the new playstyles of their jobs. I haven't touched any of my tanks yet, so I can't speak on specifics here, only repeat what I've heard.
    (5)
    Sage | Astrologian | Dancer

마지막 날 널 찾아가면
    마지막 밤 기억하길

Hyomin Park#0055

Player
    Character
    Inari Silverfox
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    I think it's a combination of tanks losing some cross class skills they were used to, changes to skills they were accustomed to, and changes to their stats. Tanks are trying to re-learn, in a way, how to mitigate damage, but they're still pulling like nothing's changed, when it has. So far I've been able to keep up as healer, but roulette has gone from a pleasant experience to anxious. If I'm running with friends it's no problem, but suggesting to a tank you don't know that it might be best to slow down tends to end in a lot of "Don't tell me how to play my job" conversations.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Ayer Austen
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    While leveling it felt like more damage was going out... but now at 310ilv it feels the same as HW did.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    M'iko Peeko
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    Dungeons? No, I still holy spam and put hots on the tank.

So far in EX primals, yes I have had a very hard time finding room to DPS outside of a few aero II/III and some stone IV. I can't say I have ever had an "extended period of no damage" going out that I felt was needed for me to DPS.

Susano EX does not require an INSANE amount of healing, but there are plenty of places whm can rotate medica/cure III around (more often then not really) Also, you are constantly moving, like you don't stop moving. Ever.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Larek Darkholme
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    I think it's just equipment, healing the menagerie the first time was awful and I hoped to never have this trial again.
    The next time, already had Susano weapon and a couple of 310 gear, it was a breeze, same as all the expert dungeons.
    (0)

Larek Darkholme @ Ragnarok

Player
    Character
    Aphia Fraihen
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    I've been taking my time with the MSQ, running it in tandem with some close friends and I have to say that the healing...is sometimes more than I'm used to, sometimes much less than I'm used to. I came to the game in 3.1, so anything older than that I can't speak for. What I can say is that trash pulls definitely seem more intensive in 4.0 than the dungeon's in 3.X, while bosses feel far less so, instead making use of more mechanics than simply throwing around raw damage; if the party plays the mechs properly, it's a breeze, if they don't...it's pretty inconsequential still in most cases. I've heard that MP management has become more important and a bit harder, but I'm not feeling that at all honestly. I do main WHM though, and their MP management tools feel really powerful, so maybe that has something to do with it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Shai Hulud
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Underlord View Post
    In my opinion it depends on the tank. I've had tanks where I can easily dps, and others where I spam heal to just survive.
    Absolutely this. Don't be fooled into thinking the [entire] burden is on you. There is a lot of bad tanking going around.

It was the same when HW launched. We will have new tomes and higher iLv gear in a week.
    Even the bad tanks will not get hit like trucks for too much longer.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Cron Job
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    The difference is not the tanking being more squishy, it has to do with the tweaks on how much ilvl is valued in dungeons.

For example, in HW, if the dungeon said you need to have ilvl 120, then at 120 the mobs would hit decently hard that you would have to heal more, but not have to spam. Like 2 mid/high heals and back to dpsing for a good amount. When you reach ilvl of like 270, you were able to fly through things and not even worry.

Now, in SB, if you need ilvl of 240, then at 240 you would have to really focus on healing. You could expect only time to cast a dots (Damage Over Time Spell) and then back to casting a lot of heals. I bet you that when people are ilvl 320+, you can go back to big pulls and focus more on dpsing than healing.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Seolla Viltara
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80
    One thing to keep in mind is that part of the tank meta is to use ilvl 270 STR accessories for both DPS and greater enmity generation (270 is the highest ilvl STR accessories tanks are currently able to equip). This is certainly greedy play and does lead to variance in tank performance and a greater burden on healing, but the reasoning behind it is what it is, and the additional damage certainly helps with enmity generation since they reverted the HW change that tied it to VIT.
    (0)
    Last edited by LegoTechnic; 07-01-2017 at 11:29 AM.

Player
    Character
    Kimchi Jjigae
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 71
    Quote Originally Posted by Inuk9 View Post
    It doesn't matter if you "have no problems". It is a fact the damage output is about 20% higher from enemies. Yes, good healers and tankers will never gonna have problems because they simply adapt.
    Yep that sounds about right.
    (0)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast