Player
    Character
    Kane Blackstone
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoonicorn View Post
    Of the melee i would like to note that Nin can in rapid succession cast katon twice then cast fuma, katon, and doton at double potency all the while spamming death blossom and eventually top it off with a hellfrog all within the normal time it takes for a full opener.
    Potency wise for just the aoe moves thats 250, 250, 500, 80 dot over 24 seconds, and 400. all the while spamming blossom at 110. At a much faster rate than Sam and with no damage falloff for extra adds.

During a roughly 7 mob pull i was parsing just over 10k after 30 seconds...
    How are you the first to say this?

I haven't played Ninja yet but can't wait, its AoE changes look NASTY
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Rin Tin
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 80
    Yeah I wish Bard was the highest, but Bard is the lowest when it comes to all DPS numbers now (maybe besides MCH). BLM is my vote on king of AoE.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Moon Fang
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 70
    Blm is an aoe god now

Thunder 4 + instant damage + DoT procs

Double flares every rotation and triple to quad flares with resources

685 potency aoe nuke every 30s.

Lets not pretend now.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Sofiija Sky
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 82
    Quote Originally Posted by xNewbx View Post
    Yeah I wish Bard was the highest, but Bard is the lowest when it comes to all DPS numbers now (maybe besides MCH). BLM is my vote on king of AoE.
    I secretly-not-so-secretly hope for an "Enhanced Iron Jaw" trait that makes it reapply the DoTs, then spreads them. This would make the AoE Rotation for Mage's Ballad much more fun, I think. Multi-dotting isn't a big deal (you can even Paeon into it), but it might be more enjoyable to Caustic and Stormbite one mob, spread with Iron Jaw, then Quick Nock with RoD procs while Mages Ballad is up. This would also help bring Wanderer's up slightly during AoE moments. But, it could potentially mess up certain mechanics if we were able to spread them with Iron Jaw. The range would certainly have to be really low, as well.

That might be a bit overkill as we already get a bunch of RoD procs and have Enhanced Emp Arrow to help guarantee even more. It's honestly fine how it is, but just an idea.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kira Rashik
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkenne View Post
    I don't really know since I haven't tried MCH yet
    Don't worry, at this point, MCH is just atrocious in every way, not only it does less damage than BRD, but it also brings less raid damage.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Urdnot Rekt
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 80
    It's still SMN and BLM, and SAM as well now.

SMN works best on huge pulls, if you have a tank that's pulling awkwardly it'll screw up your stacks. The right pulls, you should have all your tools. Regardless of the nerfs, using all your resources (that includes the enkindle which I see a lot of smns not using) SMN is still a beast in aoe at lvl70.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Furious Laughter
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyCake View Post
    I secretly-not-so-secretly hope for an "Enhanced Iron Jaw" trait that makes it reapply the DoTs, then spreads them. This would make the AoE Rotation for Mage's Ballad much more fun, I think. Multi-dotting isn't a big deal (you can even Paeon into it), but it might be more enjoyable to Caustic and Stormbite one mob, spread with Iron Jaw, then Quick Nock with RoD procs while Mages Ballad is up. This would also help bring Wanderer's up slightly during AoE moments. But, it could potentially mess up certain mechanics if we were able to spread them with Iron Jaw. The range would certainly have to be really low, as well.

That might be a bit overkill as we already get a bunch of RoD procs and have Enhanced Emp Arrow to help guarantee even more. It's honestly fine how it is, but just an idea.
    Enhanced Iron Jaws:
    Iron Jaws gains Combo: Quick Nock: Spread your Caustic Bite and Stormbite effects from the target to enemies within x yalms with the same duration. Potency is divided between targets, to a minimum of 10 per effect per target.

So, you'd end up maintaining straighter shot (probably?), stormbite, caustic bite, quick nock, iron jaws, quick nock/rod spam till dot refresh. It's not hugely better than quick nock and still potentially worse on quick pulls, but it's something.

The entire mechanics of bard are currently centered around the dots being actively on the target, it doesn't sit very well with the current aoe rotation. At the moment it kinda seems to be (if mage's ballad about to be up or has a long duration left, put up a couple of dots, otherwise ignore song mechanics and spam nock).
    (1)
    Last edited by Furious; 06-25-2017 at 04:20 PM.

Player
    Character
    Tarra Netsky
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycofang View Post
    Blm is an aoe god now

Thunder 4 + instant damage + DoT procs

Double flares every rotation and triple to quad flares with resources

685 potency aoe nuke every 30s.

Lets not pretend now.
    Foul is 650 potency.
    (1)
    Last edited by VitalSuit; 06-25-2017 at 05:55 PM.

Player
    Character
    Lastelli Sungsem
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoonicorn View Post

During a roughly 7 mob pull i was parsing just over 10k after 30 seconds...
    That's only if you have all your cd and some ninki saved. But the same is true for sam. If you start a big pull with a lot of kenki available and guren ready the dps is just insane. Still, nin aoe damage is very impressive right now.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Shaartis Laggal
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by VitalSuit View Post
    Foul is 650 potency.
    Enochian +5% potency
    (2)