Player
    Character
    Raygan Wicked
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 68

Can someone explain how bidding for the new property is going to work?

I'm new and have no idea how buying a house works.

"When" they all eventually go up for sale, is it whoever clicks the fastest... gets the property? Or is it like a bidding system, where you "bid" on whichever piece of land you might want, and then within X amount of time, the system randomly chooses a winner...

It's going to be a lag fest either way, but if it really is whoever clicks the fastest, that's going to suck.

Also, can people only buy one piece of land? it seems sucky if all the rich people just run around bidding on all the plots.

Oh! Last question. In yal's opinion... what pieces of property are going to sell the fastest? Beachfront, right? I'm over here exploring shirogane. If it's a whole "bid and get lucky!" system, I want to pick one that the least amount of people want... lol.

Thanks for any help
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Fox Briarthorn
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 90
    You straight up purchase the plot of land. Run up to the placard on an available plot and upon interacting with it you should have an option to purchase the plot of land. There is a limit to purchasing 1 plot of land per character, however you can also own an apartment, private room in an fc and if you have permission/are in charge of an fc you can purchas a plot of land for the fc as well. The plots that will likely sell the fastest are probably the smaller beachfront homes (the mansion faces away from the beach, big flaw for such a pricey plot imo) and all the mansion plots since there's only 72 total mansions in shirogane between all the wards/subdivisions and there's a ton of FCs looking to upgrade as well as individuals wanting their own private ghost town mansion.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Raygan Wicked
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 68
    Quote Originally Posted by Dustytome View Post
    You straight up purchase the plot of land. Run up to the placard on an available plot and upon interacting with it you should have an option to purchase the plot of land.
    Thanks so much! That puts a lot into perspective. Now whether or not I'll be able to make enough gil for a piece of land, yet to be seen XP

Another quick question, so the prices when you first enter a housing area are just to show you what's available? You can ONLY purchase the land by using the little signs out front?

It is a little sad that mansions can be bought by single players. Seems like such a waste! Much better off going to an FC.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Fox Briarthorn
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Raygan View Post
    Another quick question, so the prices when you first enter a housing area are just to show you what's available? You can ONLY purchase the land by using the little signs out front?
    Somewhat correct. They show you either who owns a plot, if the plot is open to guests (green name), has no house or guests aren't allowed (red name) or the plot is available for purchase from the server (white pricetag). You cannot however buy anywhere but the little sign by the house. Be sure to memorize which aetheryte is by the plot you want and remember there will be an identical subdivision per ward.

(2)

Player
    Character
    Raygan Wicked
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 68
    Ahh I see. Hmm I can see that being awkward... "hi so you want this house? Ha, me too...". Great advice to check which aetherite is the correct one! Thanks much for the help
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Fox Briarthorn
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Raygan View Post
    Ahh I see. Hmm I can see that being awkward... "hi so you want this house? Ha, me too...". Great advice to check which aetherite is the correct one! Thanks much for the help
    It's first come first serve, so while it may be awkward, if it hasn't been purchased you have every right to snag it.
    (2)