Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Mamata Mata
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    It's already my main class . Currently at level 66 and loving it, can't wait to get Verflare and Verholy. Impact is a cool change that you get at level 66, even if it's a pretty simple change. It's always fun to fill the mana bars aligned with Embolden and unleash some pretty good damage with the melee combo.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Crucius Lapin
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70
    <3 I'm jealous of all the RDM that are already lvl 70 and can play with the full kit!! The job is super fun and great burst damage , can't wait to level it after I finish leveling my ACN.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Draco'li Tayuun
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    Just hit level 60 last night with it. Doing the job quests now. Love it a lot. I found BLM not to my tastes, which is why I was a SMN for so long, but now RDM I feel like I have something close to the destructive elemental power of BLM, but with more flexibility to move around. Also not having a pet to worry about is a plus.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Yorumi Eienyuki
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 77
    I'm really loving the job. It's just so fun, dancing all over the battlefield with spells and blade flying. Manafication at 60 really sped things up even more for me and now I can't wait till I get 70 and have the full kit.

Love the sword staff too, that's really creative.

Quote Originally Posted by Muchmidget View Post
    The only difference between yours and mine is that I swap out Apoc for Diversion. If all the cooldowns are up at the start of a boss fight it makes it hard on a tank >
    Lucid dreaming cuts your enmity in half, given rdm doesn't have bad mp problems you can pop it after an opening burst. In anything where pulling hate for a few seconds might matter some you'd likely have a tank who you can coordinate with. Basically let rdm burst, provoke, lucid and good to go. Part of the reason for me is I just feel a bit slot starved. Lucid, erase, and swiftcast are required.Surecast is pretty powerful now, likewise apoc and addle are going to be used on magical fights, and rdm probably could manage to use mana transfer.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cyrillo Rongway
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by WaywardPilgrim View Post
    I am curious what other RDMs use for cross class though, my current set up is Lucid Dreaming, Swift Cast, Apoc, Addle, and Erase.
    Consider using the new Surecast. When a knockback is coming, you can use Surecast and do your weaponskill combo, which doesn't consume Surecast; or if mana isn't high enough for a WS combo, Surecast and a slow Veraero/Verthunder.
    (2)
    Error 3102 Club, Order of the 52nd Hour

Player
    Character
    Canan Lazarus
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Rongway View Post
    Consider using the new Surecast. When a knockback is coming, you can use Surecast and do your weaponskill combo, which doesn't consume Surecast; or if mana isn't high enough for a WS combo, Surecast and a slow Veraero/Verthunder.
    Oooh, is that a new effect? That definitely seems worth it
    (0)

7. 06-24-2017 12:38 PM

Player
    Character
    Roda Tirhaalo
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by WaywardPilgrim View Post
    Oooh, is that a new effect? That definitely seems worth it
    Yeah they made surecast actually useful

I'm using a setup similar to you, but trading erase for it.
    (1)
    ~sigh~

Player
    Character
    Nexas Uthenera
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 61
    I love red mage. It's simple, but complex enough to keep my attention. I really do feel like it is a jack of all trades. It's got the black and white magic. Some sword skills. Dual cast (aka chain spell) a buff, and some pretty cool looking ranged magic sword attacks.

I know there are some old school FF fan boys out there that aren't too happy.
    I'm an old school FF fan boy too, and I like the way it was translated into ff14. It really does feel like this worlds version of a red mage.

It didn't even come close to what I originally thought it should be when it was first announced, but I'm very happy and pleasantly surprised with how it turned out.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Silverquick Fox
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by M1551NGN0 View Post
    It's my favorite job in the entire Final Fantasy franchise. I don't care about the recent criticisms towards its play-style. I love it.
    Well we know they can't complain about the DPS on it... the DPS on RDM is enormous.

Every parce I've seen has them way out in front. Don't know whether its due to the mobility or whatnot, but its way high.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nicodemus Mercy
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    I'm actually enjoying a dps job for once. I appreciate the relative simplicity and lack of crazy finger gymnastics required for RDM.

I used Drain till I got Vercure. No reason to use it once you have Vercure imo. My role skills are Lucid Dream, Erase, Mana Shift, Apocatastasis and bouncing between Surecast and Diversion depending on how bad my tank is at holding aggro.
    (1)
    Last edited by Nicodemus_Mercy; 06-25-2017 at 02:15 AM.
    How many men am I involved with? Well that depends... do you mean men as in males? Or just midlanders?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast