Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Zelphyr Nix
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70

Exclamation Collector's Edition won't get here til after early access, don't wanna get locked out

First off let me say I've been trying to contact Square Enix in every way imaginable for days now, Email, Chat, two different phone numbers, and none of them seem to be working. I'm only really posting here as a last ditch effort.

Anyway, I pre-ordered and fully paid off the Stormblood Collector's Edition off the Square Enix Online Store MONTHS ago (since they have the new "pay now" option), but it didn't ship until the 19th of June, only one day before Stormblood officially came out. Already that was weird to me, because every other collector's edition I've ordered before (and I've ordered a lot) has usually shipped 1-2 weeks before release so it was here right around launch. Either way, I have been having fun playing early access to Stormblood, but I noticed a message in game that said Early Access would end on the 23rd. Well here's the problem, there was clearly some sort of problem with the shipping of my package, cuz it's estimated delivery is the 27th, four days after early access ends!

PROBLEM: So here's my problem: it looks like I'm gonna get locked out of Stormblood content for four days, even though I PRE-ORDERED it. This is gonna put me well behind my partners in my raid group and cause a considerable setback, and it's not even my fault! The Square Enix Online Store is the one responsible for sending my shipment late, so I don't think I should have to pay for that by getting locked out for a few days.

SOLUTION: I would like a solution that allows me to continue playing until my order gets here please, because it would not at all be fair for me to pay like this when it was nowhere NEAR my fault. I can provide order number and tracking info to prove I have in fact ordered it a while ago and that it is in fact on the way. I play on Ps4 btw.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Katalyn Myeena
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    I ordered the physical CE for Stormblood and noticed in my SE Store orders page there is an option to get the unlock code. Have you tried using that to register the product?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sansuna Merifett
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 60
    i am in the same sort of boat. and very disappoint this has happened a second time as it happened with heavenward as well. my package was shipped on the 16th... took 2 days to get to Canada where there is a 8 day standard wait in customs and then delivery to me... expected delivery is the 27th.. why was this taught of on ship times. i have also tried so many ways to contact support and not getting anywhere. the one response i got from the email ticket i submitted was that i should contact Canada post to have them check on delivery time... did that before contacting them as per my ticket so obviously they aren't actually getting the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Katalyn View Post
    I ordered the physical CE for Stormblood and noticed in my SE Store orders page there is an option to get the unlock code. Have you tried using that to register the product?
    and as for that option it, i cant even check cause i get an error when ever trying to sign into store saying they are experiencing to much volume and cant sign in right now.

hope some one out there can help
    (0)

FFXIV - Sansuna Merifett ( Master crafter and gather, 3 star cooking, Blackmage)
    I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, and that enables you to laugh at life's realities. ~Dr. Seuss~

Character
    Lexia Lightress
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by FFJoeman93 View Post
    PROBLEM: So here's my problem: it looks like I'm gonna get locked out of Stormblood content for four days, even though I PRE-ORDERED it. This is gonna put me well behind my partners in my raid group and cause a considerable setback, and it's not even my fault! The Square Enix Online Store is the one responsible for sending my shipment late, so I don't think I should have to pay for that by getting locked out for a few days.
    What Shipping method did you use? From what I can see if it saying it not going to arrive until the 27th you must of choose the slowest shipping which would take 5-10 days. (27th being 8 days from the 19th ship date) So they have full filled their end of the deal and have no fault on you receiving it late. Maybe should of spent the few extra dollars and got the priority shipping that would of arrived in 2-5 days? (Would of arrived 24th at latest if shipped on 19th). While it does say will try to aim for on or near release day delivery but does not guarantee it and "actual delivery date may vary depending on your location and method of shipping.:" I based this on USA shipping time, if you live in a different country like Canada they have no control over how quickly customs handles your package.
    (0)
    Last edited by Lexia; 06-23-2017 at 07:14 AM.

Player
    Character
    Sansuna Merifett
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Lexia View Post
    What Shipping method did you use? From what I can see if it saying it not going to arrive until the 27th you must of choose the slowest shipping which would take 5-10 days. (27th being 8 days from the 19th ship date) So they have full filled their end of the deal and have no fault on you receiving it late. Maybe should of spent the few extra dollars and got the priority shipping that would of arrived in 2-5 days? (Would of arrived 24th at latest if shipped on 19th). While it does say will try to aim for on or near release day delivery but does not guarantee it and "actual delivery date may vary depending on your location and method of shipping.:" I based this on USA shipping time, if you live in a different country like Canada they have no control over how quickly customs handles your package.
    because we are in Canada expedited wasn't an option. and they had promised all players would receive before early access was over so this is not fulfilling that if they didn't leave proper time for shipping i preordered in feb and payed last month so there is no reason for it to be late.
    (0)

FFXIV - Sansuna Merifett ( Master crafter and gather, 3 star cooking, Blackmage)
    I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, and that enables you to laugh at life's realities. ~Dr. Seuss~

Player
    Character
    Emraell Code
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 65
    Mine hasn't been updated since Monday. I don't want to get locked out for however long it takes.
    (0)
    Last edited by Emraell; 06-23-2017 at 09:09 AM.

Player
    Character
    Yooha Xin
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    I'm in the same boat. I pre-ordered Stormblood from my country's retailer and they sent me an e-mail last monday where they said that they haven't received the games yet. This means that I can't play Stormblood content on this weekend at all if the game isn't in my mail today.. Sad but true.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zelphyr Nix
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70
    For anyone saying "tough luck, shoulda gotten the faster shipping" I've ordered Collector's Editions from the square enix store over a dozen times, and always gotten the slow shipping. Every time i do, they still ship it early so it gets here around release date. It just so happens that this time it was delayed for some reason. Hell they even say that they ship it early so it gets there by release. So no, that's not a problem.

I also just got off the phone with square enix customer support, and they said they "can't do anything about it" and that I'll have to just "sit and wait for the game" the dude even started to get pissed off at me when I told him that this was in no way my fault, so why am I paying for it by not having access to something I've already payed for!? This is absolute BS! Square Enix basically just told me, "tough luck" that is NOT how you're supposed to treat your customers! If I did that to a customer at work, I would have gotten fired! I've already paid for Stormblood, it's not my fault they messed up the shipment this time!
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Zelphyr Nix
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by FFJoeman93 View Post
    For anyone saying "tough luck, shoulda gotten the faster shipping" I've ordered Collector's Editions from the square enix store over a dozen times, and always gotten the slow shipping. Every time i do, they still ship it early so it gets here around release date. It just so happens that this time it was delayed for some reason. Hell they even say that they ship it early so it gets there by release. So no, that's not a problem.

I also just got off the phone with square enix customer support, and they said they "can't do anything about it" and that I'll have to just "sit and wait for the game" the dude even started to get pissed off at me when I told him that this was in no way my fault, so why am I paying for it by not having access to something I've already payed for!? This is absolute BS! Square Enix basically just told me, "tough luck" that is NOT how you're supposed to treat your customers! If I did that to a customer at work, I would have gotten fired! I've already paid for Stormblood, it's not my fault they messed up the shipment this time!
    I would also like to add, HOW CAN THEY NOT DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT WHEN IT'S THEIR GAME AND CODES!!!???
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Avesa Iseth
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70
    Adding yet another unhappy voice to this pile.
    I'm in Canada. I've been playing FFXIV since closed beta. Thought I'd show some loyalty, buy the physical collector's edition - including the unreasonably insane price for shipping.

Huge mistake, right?

You'd think that at the price paid that, I don't know, a courier might be standard so that items arrive in a TIMELY manner? Is that too much to ask? Expediting wasn't an option, or I would've paid for that too. Now, early access ends in all of a few hours and I still have no idea when my CE box will even arrive. I can't play content I've paid for over a month ago. I've received pretty much no more than 'Oh, well that's too bad' in my requests for assistance.
    Would it have killed them to even extend early access for an extra week? Hell, it's not like most of us could even play the game anyways between congestion and apparently DDoS'es...

Just... not cool. Really not cool. The lack of concern and consideration displayed for this leaves a very sour taste in my mouth. How disappointing.
    (4)
    Last edited by Avesa; 06-24-2017 at 12:31 PM.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast