Player
    Character
    Chiraisu Saika
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Volatile View Post
    Here is what I don't like about all these threads. The message isn't "The class is broken/unplayable/not-competative." It's, "This isn't EXACTLY how I imagined Red Mage." Stormblood has just stared, play the class. Master it as it is. RAID with it, and then tell us if there is something enormous wrong with it. Maybe there is nothing wrong with the class other than you just don't like it, and that is fine. Play a different class then.
    On the contrary. I love it. Its very fun and interesting. But it does fall short in certain few aspects. Finding balance is great and all. But we receive no reward for it save our weaponskill combo. Even then it encourages to deliberately seek to get an imbalance to gain the maximum effect of verflare and verholy
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Chiraisu Saika
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Yorumi View Post
    "we need something" like building different mana and needing a slightly imbalanced gauge for our finisher?
    Tis the only benefit. And even that choice is largely an illusion. Save for flavor, there's no incentive choose one over the other.

Just give each one an exclusive buff. It doesn't even have to be much
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Yorumi Eienyuki
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 77
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiraisu View Post
    But it does fall short in certain few aspects. Finding balance is great and all. But we receive no reward for it save our weaponskill combo.
    And yet how is that any different from any other class in the game? What's the reward for a smn using aetherflow besides trance for more damage? What's the reward for a blm using enochain and ley lines besides more damage? What's the reward for a sam managing kenki and sen besides more damage? What's the reward for mch managing heat besides more damage? Why is rdm special in that when it behaves in line with the design philosophy of the game we decide it's all wrong and needs to be changed?

Quote Originally Posted by Chiraisu View Post
    Tis the only benefit. And even that choice is largely an illusion. Save for flavor, there's no incentive choose one over the other.

Just give each one an exclusive buff. It doesn't even have to be much
    In line with the above what class honestly makes any kind of choice? There is none, even mch has a rotation cause you never choose not to use a proc.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Chiraisu Saika
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 80
    Perhaps you are right. But maybe not. I don\\'t aim to argue or complain so don\\'t get me wrong. Unlike the op im very content with my job in rdm.

However. I do like to speak of potential or theoretical changes. its just something i like.

I know not how rdm numbers compare with the other casters. But, they atleast seem to be just a bit more supportive, doubling up on that identity would be nice to see
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Duelle Urelle
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    As others have noted, you only need to be 80/80 to use the sword skills. That being said, your suggestion would require notably increasing mana generation and possibly adding skills that manipulate the gauges (a skill that removes mana from one bar and adds it to the other) for it to be considered feasible. You'd also have to change the rate at which mana is intended to be consumed (and likely nerf a bunch of abilities as a result). It would take a bit of work, to say the least.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Veliona Umrtia
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    This whole "RDM is bad and needs to be changed/buffed because it doesn't live up to my personal fantasy" is getting ridiculous. You are complaining about the aesthetics of a job as a means of needing to "fix" them, because you don't like how it functions. There is nothing wrong with the way RDM plays on both a functional and number level.

You know how the saying goes: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". The last thing SE needs is a bunch of oldschool RDM fanboys telling SE to fix the job because of spell aesthetics and hoe it doesn't match to their personal fantasy of what they think a red mage should be. Just stop.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Razard Baleth
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Selova View Post
    This whole "RDM is bad and needs to be changed/buffed because it doesn't live up to my personal fantasy" is getting ridiculous. You are complaining about the aesthetics of a job as a means of needing to "fix" them, because you don't like how it functions. There is nothing wrong with the way RDM plays on both a functional and number level.
    Welcome to Summoners world for the past 3 years xD
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Yorumi Eienyuki
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 77
    Quote Originally Posted by Razard View Post
    Welcome to Summoners world for the past 3 years xD
    At least smn can argue this iteration of smn(specially in 2.x) deviated quite radically from what smns typically have been in FF. In the case of rdm the people are basically arguing that SE shouldn't have made rdm like a rdm.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Jase Suline
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70
    most of you are saying the job works and it does.
    Numbers are fine but the way it plays is what is getting people annoyed and i have the right to be annoyed. Its not just aesthetics.. its needs more diversity and what actions im doing.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Shion Sumeragi
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 80
    No, it doesn't.

Quit the class if you don't like it, period.
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast