Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Diantha Sunstone
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    I thought about this, and I think Stormblood's push towards forcing tanks and healers to play more defensively (particularly in regards to mobs smack us harder and the gated areas) is just messimg with some players in regards to old habits.

You can more easily spot tanks that never had to really mitigate too much and be cautious and healers that always had the burst behind them to easily weave in damage. Now the game is crunching them to be more watchful. It's not necessarily more difficult, just a shift in focus.

The good players are still going to be able to carry the bads. The tank that sees he needs to pop a self heal, the healer that just spam heals, or even a DPS doing some support.

It's just a shift.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Tarra Netsky
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Ametrine View Post
    I thought about this, and I think Stormblood's push towards forcing tanks and healers to play more defensively (particularly in regards to mobs smack us harder and the gated areas) is just messimg with some players in regards to old habits.
    That's the thing, mobs don't smack harder. Leveling dungeons sure they hit hard but the level 70 dungeons? The 2 EX dungeons hit like wet noodles. I tank most of them in dps stance using cooldowns after I gain an aggro lead and I've yet to run into a healer that couldn't keep me alive nor any significant strain on my hp.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Rin Black
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    I've been leveling Paladin recently on my main character here. My philosophy has been:

"You know your healing better than I do. If I don't die, it doesn't matter if I finish with 1 HP. You did good. If I die? Spend a little less time DPS'ing, and a little more time healing."

Admittedly, my cooldown management probably sucks. Not such a big deal in low level dungeons, and that's where I've seen interesting things unfold. Seen a Healer absolutely lose their mind, going off on an Arcanist for Healing me while they were spamming Stone. When I mean they went off on them, I mean they tore into this poor arcanist with the fury of an enraged tiger. Poor guy was a sprout too. Told him to ignore the healer and that he was fine and not to let people like that get to him, but good lord...

Healers just seem touchy these days. Kind of makes me worried about leveling WHM after I get PLD to 70.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Axl Stream
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Ametrine View Post
    -looks at Warrior that received only offense oriented changes- Are... are you serious? I've never been this aggressive since SB dungeons.
    (1)

Character
    Moro Murasaki
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Maero View Post
    And i always do, but had you read what i posted you would see i am talking about healers that just dps either holy or stone 3 spam and run out of mana and in turn do not bother with healing duties.
    In this case no they do not deserve mana shift. It is balance like someone said and part of a healers duty to watch their mana
    Someone else playing in a way you (incorrectly) deem suboptimal is no excuse for you to not use your entire skillset to the fullest.

I don't like it when DPS don't AoE but that doesn't mean I wouldn't heal a dps playing in that manner.

A healer's mana is exhausted much faster than any caster apart from a RDM chaincasting raises.

If you leave your healer low on mana because you don't appreciate them being aggressive with their dps skills I dont think you'll find yourself on the top of their priority list to heal as well.

All this aside healers should be chaincasting either single target or AoE spells accordingly. So long as no one is dying to unavoidable damage this is the best way to progress a dungeon or trial. AoE spells like Holy can be a mana drain but so long as your party isn't comprised of selfish bads who hold back their utility skills you can get in tons of damage.
    (10)

Player
    Character
    Tani Shirai
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Nedkel View Post
    Aaand then the truck breaks into the wall, realising he has only enough mp to use it twice.
    Not to mention 1 celemcy is about 35% of PLD health, its not going to sustain him in a pull.
    Flash and circle of scorn on PLD is more than enough for enmity in pulls.
    You absolutely should be recharging mana before mass pulls; the only drop from maximum MP on a mass-pull after a boss should be the Flashes to gather. Ideally you shouldn't be preemptively DRing yourself with Flash, either. At worst you should be no more than 1500 MP short of maximum at full gather.

Heck, on most long pulls with Diversion on DPS and Ultimatum equipped you can even just Cover-pull with a WHM/AST mass-HoT, have healer hold the opening threat and start spamming, Sword Oath TE spam, Ultimatum, Flash, HG, TE spam until Sen-Bul-Awareness-Anticipation are down, and then just ShO, Flash, (should still remain just over 80% MP) Ramp, Req, and Clemency-TE alternate.

At release, I could full pull the Temple of the Monk's section by the cliff without receiving healer GCDs within the fight itself, even without HG. Same with the Doma Castle mass pull after acquiring Req. Hell, you can self-heal the Ala Mhigo and Skalla mass-pulls on DRK by dropping Grit and weaving free DA-ADs in among self-refunding DA-Quietus casts during Blood Weapon. And I've finished a number of instances with healer d/ced yet unkickable with a Warrior simply using Defiance more than usual. Tanks aren't exactly impotent in their self-sustain potential, if rotated well.
    (1)
    Last edited by Shurrikhan; 03-10-2018 at 04:55 PM.

Player
    Character
    Cassandra Solidor
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Nedkel View Post
    Like for example in temple of the fist in catacumbs before the last boss there are like 12 groups of mobs, pulling them is not possible.
    ... What? Do you mean because of the wall stopping you or that you simply can't survive? If it's the latter, I do that pull every single run without a problem.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Sebazy Spiritwalker
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    The older SB dungeons were no real problem for me to go all out on DPS, Hell’s lid’s last pull is a bit of a pig tho! If the Tank slacks on cooldowns or the DPS is slow it can be rough.
    (2)
    Last edited by Sebazy; 03-10-2018 at 07:15 PM.

Player
    Character
    Cecelia Stormfeather
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Vexander View Post
    Healers just seem touchy these days. Kind of makes me worried about leveling WHM after I get PLD to 70.
    People are constantly complaining about healers. DPSing too much. DPSing too little. Letting people get too low. Keeping people topped up.

Your attitude seems good and this healer was obviously over reacting, but healers are touchy in general because the community is constantly yelling at us for doing contradictory things wrong. It gets confusing and frustrating.

Sometimes, I feel like telling all the non-healers to go book a convention center, come to an agreement on what they expect healers to do, and then let us know. That'd at least get some consistency.
    (4)
    Last edited by Tridus; 03-10-2018 at 09:04 PM.
    Survivor of Housing Savage 2018.
    Discord: Tridus#2642

Player
    Character
    Diantha Sunstone
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    Let me specify then that EARLY Stormblood had issues with mobs smacking harder (than what's used to) and stat allocations (ranging from tenacity being a thing, and STR tanks) resulted in some weirdness.

BiS now demands tanks overload on materia that's entirely offense oriented, and WAR, as stated, just returned to it's old spot as a, well, blue DPS. (Honestly feel it's always been built to be that way.) Healers are back already to overly high potencies. A little power creep is happening.

Maybe a better way to put it is the new design decisions of Stormblood have greatly changed the playstyle differences between the casual/average player and the hardcore, which includes most players invested enough to use forums and reddit?
    (1)

Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 LastLast