Player
    Character
    Faeon Nightwhisper
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by GDFletcher View Post
    I don't see how anyone now can be struggling unless the DPS is clearly burning themselves out on the 1st initial attack in which case let them tank! Tanks need to do an opening rotation just as much as a DPS class does, if they can't wait for that then fine they can tank the floor instead!
    Because allot of tanks forget to rotate there enmity combo on the mobs and also apply there dots or buffs/debufs on them
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Hex Pathcrosser
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 72
    So you do the enmity combo first, then dots, then spam holy spirit as long as you have MP and that buff up?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Knight Shade
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 80
    Generally I do goring blade, (popping FoF right before), rage of halone combo, drop shield oath, do RA, reapply goring blade, req right before FoF ends, and spam holy spirit until oom. (then reapply goring blade/etc) Rage of halone's enmity generation in shield oath is not to be underestimated.

I will not claim my rotation is optimal or anything but it nets me a huge enmity boost at the beginning and generally unless I have big **** dps who don't use enmity reducers, I will not have to go back into shield at all.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kyt Tundera
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelbreeze View Post
    Generally I do goring blade, (popping FoF right before), rage of halone combo, drop shield oath, do RA, reapply goring blade, req right before FoF ends, and spam holy spirit until oom. (then reapply goring blade/etc) Rage of halone's enmity generation in shield oath is not to be underestimated..
    I THINK that doing a halone combo into unbuffed goring into your magic rotation is better, just because if you use FoF in your opener you're going to miss out on I think 2 RA combos? And then your FoF cooldown will not be up quite after your magic rotation. If you start your rotation without FoF you can line up your cooldowns in a way that syncs really well with both phases of your dps rotation. Parses will tell, but that's what I'm thinking currently.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ship Md
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyt View Post
    I THINK that doing a halone combo into unbuffed goring into your magic rotation is better, just because if you use FoF in your opener you're going to miss out on I think 2 RA combos? And then your FoF cooldown will not be up quite after your magic rotation. If you start your rotation without FoF you can line up your cooldowns in a way that syncs really well with both phases of your dps rotation. Parses will tell, but that's what I'm thinking currently.
    This is correct, if you start with FoF opener youre just sitting on full mana, holy spirit spam is our highest dps so its a waste to not use it asap
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lhei Fox
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    Tanking boss is np for pld thats easy enought or you do it very wrong!
    But when it come multi monsters Aoe capacity is terrible.

Flash: Ok but won't keep hate forever when dps burn there burst alot.
    Aoe tuant like Ultimatum is for meh... but ok it works sometimes! But still the fact that not solve the problem of hate generate beacuse the that dps do alot of dmg and drain hate of tank fast.
    Circle of scorn: yes its good but long cooldown.
    Total Eclipse is awsome but no hate! I mean could be shield oath generate enemity and sword oath just normal potency dmg.
    Then tanking gauge wtf for what only intervention works good but thats it should give us big aoe hit for hate.

So much i like paladin and Tanking in general is so sad and terrible.
    (0)
    Last edited by Tagihi; 06-23-2017 at 06:13 AM.

Player
    Character
    Caiko Kitteh
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by GDFletcher View Post
    I don't see how anyone now can be struggling unless the DPS is clearly burning themselves out on the 1st initial attack in which case let them tank! Tanks need to do an opening rotation just as much as a DPS class does, if they can't wait for that then fine they can tank the floor instead!
    I am not a PLD yet, however I am getting to it. I have to say I was in a pty with a monk last night and their opening move on the Ifrit fight took all the hate I could build. even with provoke and everything I had, I couldn't turn him due to the monk just laying into him. Let us tanks build hate first before you go in and go nuts on the boss. The fastest fights I have had is the Pty allowing me to build the hate first and then they unleash on them. That is what I have noticed from FFXIV. I am a vet of ffxi and we don't have the sneak attack like we did in FFXI on FFXIV to build hate.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Dizzy Dash
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by negiman4 View Post
    damage mitigation should be your number one priority, and damage output your second. Let's get started.
    i find your logic to be flawed. damage IS mitigation. first of all your gauge in sword oath builds much faster that shield oath, 2 defensives are tied to having that gauge. also nothing has changed more damage skips mechanics and shortens the fight which results in less chance of a wipe and less healing needed. if you have a ninja in your group all you need is one roh combo then you should be in sword oath for the remainder if the fight. shrk has gaurenteed you will never need another roh. also pld is doing amazing in the dps department almost putting uo 3000 dps, if you sit in shield and play defensivly at the cost of that kind of dps you are hindering your raid. so no guys, super defensive is not the key to playing pld.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Furious Laughter
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy_Derp View Post
    i find your logic to be flawed. damage IS mitigation. first of all your gauge in sword oath builds much faster that shield oath, 2 defensives are tied to having that gauge. also nothing has changed more damage skips mechanics and shortens the fight which results in less chance of a wipe and less healing needed. if you have a ninja in your group all you need is one roh combo then you should be in sword oath for the remainder if the fight. shrk has gaurenteed you will never need another roh. also pld is doing amazing in the dps department almost putting uo 3000 dps, if you sit in shield and play defensivly at the cost of that kind of dps you are hindering your raid. so no guys, super defensive is not the key to playing pld.
    I can somewhat get this in an 8 man, shirk can feed you threat all day. Are paladins really doing 4 man dungeons in sword oath? I have no freaking clue how you can hold threat from a top tier dps efficiently as a paladin sitting in sword oath in a 4man, let alone the gains of your dps being offset by the healing increase from the healer...

Maybe its something that starts working at 70 when you start getting geared up? In leveling dungeons, every experience I have with switching to sword oath basically means me using (many) more rage of halone, getting a moderate dps increase, and the healer having to actually heal..
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Dizzy Dash
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Furious View Post
    I can somewhat get this in an 8 man, shirk can feed you threat all day. Are paladins really doing 4 man dungeons in sword oath? I have no freaking clue how you can hold threat from a top tier dps efficiently as a paladin sitting in sword oath in a 4man, let alone the gains of your dps being offset by the healing increase from the healer...

Maybe its something that starts working at 70 when you start getting geared up? In leveling dungeons, every experience I have with switching to sword oath basically means me using (many) more rage of halone, getting a moderate dps increase, and the healer having to actually heal..
    no 4 man content is a whole other thing, i was talking about 8 man content only. if your running around in a dungeon in sword oath the whole time then there is a 99.9% chance that you aren't tanking shit, mobs are probably running everywhere and people are probably dying :/
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast