Player
    Character
    Crankeh Belvoure
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70

2 hotbar setups for same class?

I'm sure this has been asked before, (couldn't really find anything on the forums or teh google) but is there any way to be able to have 2 different hotbar setups for the same class?

For example, I'm a PLD, the rotation obviously different for trash pulls versus boss fights. Can it be done that I have a setup for Trash and one for boss kind of like how gear sets work?

With all this new Requicast and Holy Spirit MP dump madness, I'm having a hard time positioning everything so that it's comfortable. I'd really like to be able to do a quick switch between icon layout during a dungeon.

Thanks for any replies in advance.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Y'kayah Tia
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 50
    You can do this by using other hotbars you don't use to store each of the settings. For instance, if you typically use 2 hotbars, you could make 1 and 2 your active bars, 3 and 4 storage space for one of your setups, and 5 and 6 storage space for the other setup. Then you just need two macros: one that copies bars 3 and 4 to 1 and 2, and another that copies bars 5 and 6 to 1 and 2.

If you use more bars than you have room to do this with within the job you're using them for, you can also borrow space by using other classes' bars. For instance, when you're a Paladin, you're using PLD hotbars, but still have GLD hotbars you aren't using anymore. You can use them as storage space for Paladin hotbar setups. You can even use something like Fisherman hotbars (since even if you fish, you're not likely to need all your bars for that).

The macro commands to do the copying are either:
    /hotbar copy [class 1] [number 1] [class 2] [number 2]
    or
    /crosshotbar copy [class 1] [number 1] [class 2] [number 2]
    depending on whether you use regular (keyboard+mouse style) hotbars, or the cross hotbars for controller.

For instance:
    /hotbar copy GLD 7 PLD 1
    would copy a stored hotbar from Gladiator's seventh bar to Paladin's first bar.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Crankeh Belvoure
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwashi View Post
    The macro commands to do the copying are either:
    /hotbar copy [class 1] [number 1] [class 2] [number 2]
    or
    /crosshotbar copy [class 1] [number 1] [class 2] [number 2]
    depending on whether you use regular (keyboard+mouse style) hotbars, or the cross hotbars for controller.

For instance:
    /hotbar copy GLD 7 PLD 1
    would copy a stored hotbar from Gladiator's seventh bar to Paladin's first bar.
    Seems like a bit of work to start, but this would be perfect, just a quick click then off we go. Thanks Niwashi! You'd honestly think there would be a simpler way. But I digress... lol Thanks again ^^
    (0)