Player
    Character
    Jason Quinn
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 21

New Player(Technically Returning) Duty Finder Progress Question.

Hello It has been years, and with the new offer of double exp if I created a new character on a lower population world, I thought it'd be a good way to play through the original story and in a way that it wouldn't take me too long to get caught up. I'm beginning to wonder if I made a mistake though. I'm not at the point where I'm using the Duty Finder and the waits have been long. It took me over 30 minutes to find a party for my first one and I'm on my way right now to waiting just as long for my next one. Is this due to playing earlier in the day(I'm on Pacific Time), being on a lower population server, or just because everyone is miles ahead playing Stormblood? I'm just trying to figure out if this is just going to be the norm for a good portion of the game. Should I switch servers or am I overreacting?

Thanks!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rhia Nara
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Duty finder will get people from all across the data center, not just your server. So even if you're on a low population server there shouldn't be an issue with duty finder. Your long queue could be explained by you queuing as a dps (maybe?) or by you trying during off time.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Jason Quinn
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 21
    I didn't know that about the Duty Finder. Thank you! I will be patient and also just try playing later in the day/night.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Makani Risvertasashi
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    General DPS queue issues aside... many people have already leveled all their ARR jobs, and other jobs start at a relatively high level, which can make it more difficult to queue low level stuff (Although with SB this is probably good since both new jobs are DPS...)
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Xenabelle Shadowsong
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    DPS queues at the moment are pretty long but they do pop. Any other game and it would be literally impossible to get a match to outdated content but this game has systems in place to make sure you can. There are upper level queues that scale folks down to the older dungeons and give XP/tomestone rewards. This system even incents tanks and healers to sign up because they get in much faster.

What is happening right now is new expansion with two dps classes means people are not focusing on that system as much as they were previously. In a month or two I think things will get back to normal. I rejoined about a month before SB launched and never had any problems with the level 50 dungeons and frequently levelled my other DOM classes with the levelling queue.
    (0)