Player
    Character
    Jsun El
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallus View Post
    Has an ok opener but the sustained looks a bit weak compared to other classes. I'd say DRG numbers are at the bottom now (only higher than MCH, BRD and maybe SMN).
    You got some numbers on paper to back that up or is it just feelings?
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    The Good (Pretty much always useful)
    Goad: Must have, especially for Dungeons. If both DPS are physical and take it, they can circle jerk eachother with Goad for more sustained AoE.
    Invigorate: Must have, but now only necessary if AoEing, since most WS have their TP lowered, we no longer will ever really run out of TP I think.
    True North: Must have for any trial/raid, honestly.
    Arms Length: This is a 1 minute recast of PLD's Tempered Will. For fights with mechanics that involve being pushed away to your death this can completely cheese the entire mechanic. Shorter recast than PLD version, too!

The Bad (situationally useful

Second Wind/Blood Bath: Good for heals but once you have competent healers and know mechanics, you can pick something better (in EX trials a nd raids a failed mechanic is usually a 1shot kill for you, so these heals won't save you typically)
    Feint: Good on paper, but its an extremely long recast and lowers the target's STR/DEX by10%, which amounts to ~-8% damage from an attack. Decent for tank busters but I doubt that 8% damage will make/break anything, especially the huge recast this has.
    Leg Sweep: Not so much of a sweep as it is a push-kick. 40 second recast, 3 sec stun. Remains to be seen if it will be useful on bosses, whom are largely immune to stun. Decent in dungeons against trash, I guess...but we have Spineshatter.

The Ugly (never pick, these are pointless for DRG)
    Diversion: Unnecessary, we have Elusive Jump.
    Crutch: Removes bind/heavy from someone else, pretty meh.
    (1)
    Last edited by Jonnycbad; 06-22-2017 at 02:25 AM.

Player
    Character
    Crimson Bloodrose
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by LordMaitreya View Post
    You got some numbers on paper to back that up or is it just feelings?
    Feelings mostly... I don't have actual data, but I have DRG at 70 and I've been practising the rotation for days now, as well as playing dungeons with it. I have a very hard time keeping up with ninjas or blms, and I'm completely trashed by good red mages. Samurais...as ironic as this may sound I haven't come across many, and monks do not seem to exist, so I don't know how DRG compares to those 2.
    It might sound like I'm not playing DRG properly, and while I'm sure there are a few things I could do to squeeze in a bit more damage, I've been lots of hours in the dummy and I know my kit pretty well.

Also, dragon sight is very inconvenient. As someone else mentioned, you should be able to just cast it and let it buff the nearest player.
    (1)
    Last edited by Gallus; 06-22-2017 at 02:27 AM.

Player
    Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    On paper DRG would seem better than NIN, given how the potencies are layed out. I mean Full Thrust is huge, we have Jump (250), SSD(200) DFD(300), Geirskogul (220), Nastrond (330), and Mirage Dive x2 (200) oGCDs. We have so much oGCD damage, not to mention BoTD which buffs Jump damage by 30%. Though maybe NIN comes out ahead from auto-attacks from skillspeed/Huton, and full time +20% damage from Dripping Blades II.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Eagle Master
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 70

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...cter/12655287/
    and party bonus cuz chocobo for dragon sight.

Tbh we get a shitty stuff full of skill speed which put me to 2.33gcd making mirage dive double weaving pretty bad.

Dragoons is way funnier now and Lotd taking time to be ready is ok.
    And please stop asking for dragonfire dive to give dive ready it would be to strong then.

Please, also remember that they're going to balance things.
    Samurai and red mage are way too powerfull, there's record of samurai doing 4.4K dps on susano dummy.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Doran Flaen
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 70

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...cter/15417776/ (might show my warrior, sorry)
    Seems pretty good to me, actually. (Susano EX dummy)

EDIT : just done a 3min rotation on a standard, indestructible dummy with no chocobo (= no Dragon Sight) and got 3751
    (1)
    Last edited by SirEnmi; 06-22-2017 at 03:18 AM.

Player
    Character
    Thandronen Ranguemont
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnycbad View Post
    The Good, The Bad, The Ugly
    Agree on everything here except for Second Wind. That thing can be a real life-saver, while Bloodbath is a small regen so long as you can maintain swinging at something.

I will probably dump both Leg Sweep and Bloodbath after finishing MSQ and add Goad... then I'm likely going to bounce between Second Wind and Arms Length depending on the fight/instance.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Mordyn Eberstark
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 70
    The only concern worth mentioning for me so far is the animation length of Mirage Dive. If it is indeed possible and optimal to weave Mirage with other oGCD's, then I'd most certainly like to see the animation time dropped a bit.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lord Capone
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 70
    In a perfect dungeon run i find goon to be quite decent. My only issue as some mentioned is Dragons Eye stacks. Not on boss fights mind you but during the trash mobs. Optimally there would be no break between mob pulls allowing you to constantly refresh BotD and keeping any Dragon Eyes you might have gotten from Mirage Dives during those pulls. Sadly this hardly happens even when using BotD and adding 15 seconds again to keep the timer going sometimes isnt enough. Considering that Geirskogul and Nastrond are straight line aoe it would be nice to be able to use it on mobs as well as during boss fights.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Vaida Tharne
    World
    Spriggan
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by caponesavage View Post
    In a perfect dungeon run i find goon to be quite decent. My only issue as some mentioned is Dragons Eye stacks. Not on boss fights mind you but during the trash mobs. Optimally there would be no break between mob pulls allowing you to constantly refresh BotD and keeping any Dragon Eyes you might have gotten from Mirage Dives during those pulls. Sadly this hardly happens even when using BotD and adding 15 seconds again to keep the timer going sometimes isnt enough. Considering that Geirskogul and Nastrond are straight line aoe it would be nice to be able to use it on mobs as well as during boss fights.
    And when you AoE you can't really keep BotD up anyway. Maybe they could make Sonic Thrust add 5sec to BotD, that way you don't gain a lot of time but it will not fall off either.
    (3)

Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast