Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player

Pick of the Luminary/A Miner's life for me

•Obtain the "A Miner's Life for Me" achievements for La Noscea, the Black Shroud, and Thanalan: Pick of the Luminary
    Hey guys, Rebwolf here. I am still downloading the latest update 1.20, and I'm looking at the notes. I consider my main to be miner, and I definetly have my eyes set on this new pickaxe. So, if anyone has any information on how to obtain the pickaxe, the stats of the pickaxe, or any relevant information this will be the place.

I find it interesting that there is a "A Miner's life for Me" in each city. I'm eager to find out, how that is!
    (0)

Player

bump............
    (0)

Player

Gatherers get to mine/btn/fish over 7,000 times in EACH La noscea, Shroud, and Thanalan for their Luminary items.
    Wow! That is 21,000 mining points. Holy shit. I knew it would be hard, but that is a ton!!!!
    (0)

Player

Does anyone know if that is 1 mining point. Like you have to use up all gathering attempts from that point? Cause it would be far harder for a lvl 50 miner to use up a mining point at lvl 50 than a lvl 1 miner, because they get more attempts. I hope that 1 attempt = 1 point. If so I think I can eventually do it
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Haru Miaru
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 60
    I hate to break it to you .. 1 success is not 1 point. Just try on the rank 1 nodes
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Raldo Volca
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    Whaaaaaaaaaat, one success is not 1 point?! That doesn't make any sense. How could you even know? They haven't implemented a way for you to check your progress on any single achievement, have they?

If that is indeed the case, couldn't you just strip down naked and use the crappiest tool (weathered [item]) you can find to whittle down your output in order to reduce the number of swings you get?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Orophin Calmcacil
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    I would have to try this on miner, but I'm thinking it's each individual gather that counts and not individual points. I sat in a non-school body of water last night and got the Grade 1 achievement for 20 catches. By the way, the achievement doesn't pop up until you stop gathering in case you've done something like 50 times when it should only be 20.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Haru Miaru
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 60
    I can confirm that it is not consecutive. at grade 1 nodes I get 8 attacks per node.
    I did 5 or 6 of these to completion and still did not get the achievements.
    It is only when I stop after each one that I got it. As in

You begin gathering at <xxx>
    You cease Gathering
    You begin Gathering at <xxx>
    This needs to show in your log 20x
    That means if you complete the node 3 times you would only have 3 despite doing 24
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ruri Valeth
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    Yea... Not sure if Im going to revisit the whole world to re-gather 1000s of time after already being 50 miner.
    (0)
    Signature created by Selli (Thank you!) Glamour is the true end game. My favorite FFXIV screenshots and fanart collection: nihil242.tumblr.com

Player

This has to be a mistake, or something that was not very well thought out at all! If this is true then the luminary pickaxe/hatchet will be almost unachievable.... You need to mine a total of 21,000 nodes (7k in each city). NOT INDIVIDUAL ATTEMPTS!!!!

Of those 21,000 points you need to mine, you need to complete all attempts for each node. So on average I'll just say 7 swings/attempts on each node for a lvl 50 miner/botanist.

21,000nodesx7swings= 147,000 swings/attempts. That doesn't include all of your running time etc. That is way way way higher than getting lvl 50 miner. It's insane! The pickaxe isn't even that good! I mean honestly at lvl 50 miner, who has problems with output, gathering, or perception? I was expecting the item to have an effect like: "100% success on item aimed for." or "obtaining legendary ores." Meaning that having the luminary pickaxe/axe will allow you to obtain items only obtainable with the luminary pickaxe/axe.

Do you think SE will revisit this?

If it was the other way around and you got point from a swing/attempt instead of completing a node, then 21,000points/7 swings/attempts per node. Then you would have to mine 3,000 nodes. Which is still quite a feet, but at least it's achievable and far better than 147,000 swings, or 21,000 nodes.
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast