Player

Monster Spawn rate.

Has anyone else noticed that monsters don't run on a individual spawn timer? Many times while soloing/Duoing agressive monsters my chain has been cut short by the last 5 mongrels I took down all appearing at once.

I can see this becoming a rather large issue farther down the road, as you this will cause problems not only in solo play but more importantly party play. If forming a party to fight monsters is to ever work in a even simi-stationary fashion we can't have 5 monsters repoping at the exact same time. Imagine how often the puller will be jumped by monsters who run on a oddly rotating spawn cycle.

I have killed monsters to have them repop mere moments after death to minutes after death, it would appear groups of enemies run on a spawn "Clock" and the game will tick over every 3 minutes or so and if anything at all is dead during that time it will spring to life. I'm not sure if this is because of memory issues or whatnot but I find it a extremly odd system overall.

What do you guys think, do you think monsters should function on this eratic clock system or should we have good ol fashioned every mob having it's own timer.
    (0)

They're all on a seemingly 3-5 minute timer but they also share spawns with other monsters. For example sometimes a dodo will spawn in place of a marmot or a Desert Pieste will spawn in place of an Antling.
    (0)

Player
    The odd thing though is that if I killed 5 mobs they all reapear at once regardless of how slowly/quickly I engaged them. Frustrating when trying to solo agressive monsters as you can't really "Carve out" a safe path.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Yoso Carrasco
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 74
    I think I like the group spawn timer better than the individual spawn timer because the latter would screw up link bonuses which help out a lot with XP gain. The only thing I could suggest is to either pick a non-aggro camp or find where the territory line is and pull back closer to the edge of it. I think there's a range of like L30-35 where there's no passive enemies to camp, so I think we should instead be asking for more solo-friendly, passive monster camps instead of messing with potential party XP.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Amanda Huggenkiss
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    If you can't kill mobs before the re-pop you should probably move to a lower level camp of said mobs.
    I like the fact that they all re-pop at the same time, make for fast exp and fast farming.
    (1)
    I like frog

Player

I think mobs spawn too fast, need to slow it down a bit, also make it where mobs take longer to kill ^.^, but yes, I've noticed it as well, its kinda silly
    (0)

Player
    It's not a matter of spawn "Speed" it's just that they all repop at the same time. regardless of when any of them were killed at all. If your killing them all at the same time "Linking them as a person above stated" they will still respawn at the same time.

I can handle the monsters 5 ranks above me very easilly I just can't handle 3 of them at once when they spawn ontop of my face while I'm killing the next monster down the line.

I think it's silly that I can't kill my way through a corridor because the spawn timers don't care if you killed anything 10 seconds ago or 3 minutes ago, hell if the spawn timer started ticking for the group as soon as I killed something it would be nice. But as it stands I'm gambling wether I can actually kill more than one monster if they are in any sort of coridor or spawn close to eachother.

Having proper spawn timers on the monsters wouldn't hurt anyone "Exp or farming" if they actually looked at it properly. Not being jumped by random respawns also leads to less hectic party play, leads to more efficient kills, less MP spent, less time wasting MP (Dem mages never have MP so I'm told), and longer sustainable chains.

This might not hold true for Spirit bond parties that just zerg everything but designing world monsters around people at max rank isn't the way to go. Keep the group clocked spawns for strongholds where they need fast respawns, and people could care less about positioning. Give us a logical system for spawns where people need it (Open world)
    (1)