Player
    Character
    Adam Zoldyck
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by whiskeybravo View Post

But that's about all I've got so far, haven't unlocked any of the new skills yet.
    LOL, so you really have no idea how it actually plays.

You are actually burning a def CD for damage still, it just changed to Thrill of War.

Overall on 8 man's you are correct in that you can play off and switch stances planned and not waste BG. But of course that will result in WAR having to do a ton of planning for the timing of the fight, which is a new burden. The dps rotation is pretty strict now, more so then say that of the reworked Dragoon, which is odd for a tank. The real plain is felt in 4 man's that makes the class just not fun to play. It is in that content that not being able to stance change, without pen, hurts the most. That and the time it takes to build gauge. Basically, say you open in Def on a 4 man boss, you build some aggro and some gauge with it. Burn the gauge (likely on a Upheaval and one IB). Stance change. Now build to 100 gauge and release your IR/Zerk, are very high burst phase.... which comes when the boss is sub 50%... meaning you also likely incurred delays along the way in mechs and phase changes/jumps. It just makes WAR so awkward to play, to say the least. When we are overgearing content more, that stance change might come sooner, but aggro management is a big issue when you are not in tank stance, and your rotation no longer includes a aggro combo.

And after having to endure all that, the Pally will still out dps you by 20%.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Whiskey Bravo
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamZ View Post
    LOL, so you really have no idea how it actually plays.
    Which is why I said it was my feedback thus far. War was my main class for the first 2 years of the game, before switching to drg for HW. I always played war, just didn't raid on it in HW (some trials but no alex).

When was 4-man content ever relevant anyways.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Arnar Grande
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by whiskeybravo View Post
    Secondly, it reduces the gauge by 50, yes, but you can switch at 0 BG. In effect, losing nothing. If you know there is a tank swap coming you can burn the last FC and swap stances for no cost.
    No, it's still an unfavorable DPS loss if you need Inner Beast because you have to rebuild the gauge in Defiance. Maybe it's no cost to the gauge, but it's still a punishment for stance dancing.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Ship Md
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    yea stance dancing is too costly for wars considering all their dps is linked to their gauge. Ive got war and pld both to 70 now both in 314 gear and I have to work twice as hard to pull the same dps on my war compared to paladin and bring none of the utility pld provides lol paladins swap isnt even bad, their gauge is only used for sheltron/intervention so the only potency loss is some mana and a gcd. I love war its been my main since 1.0 but i cant find a reason to play it come savage content in its current state over pld, who is easier to play.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Tyran Heiral
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 68
    WAR has been stripped of its identity and as a result it\\'s a lot less engaging and fun to play.
    The loss Blood bath and the nerfs to the healing potency of IB and path have really damaged the self-healing aspect of our job. Popping bloodbath and berserk on larger pulls was fun and provided a unique opportunity to test the limits of the job in 4-man content. I can understand nerfing IB because of the potential to use 3-6 of them in a row, however practical/impractical that may be.
    Stance dancing was a fun and engaging way to tank that sped up the fights due to the need to utilize and manage your abilities and skills. Which is part of the reason WAR feels so clunky and awkward, because the play style or gameplay is now at a much slower speed as a result.
    What really upsets me about the changes is the loss of identity and the decreased gameplay speed.Whereas before I had an engaging unique job to play, I\\'m now just a guy with an axe who tanks.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Blackiron Tarkus
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by YitharV2 View Post
    Tanks have returned to STR meta.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme...damage_change/

As I stated in that thread, I think the translator did a good job for on-the-fly translation, but I agree with OP's interpretation of "restoring to a previous state."
    We'll we've always been melding str on the accessories anyways. However after reading that reddit post and some testing IB only seems to heal for 88% of the actual damage and SP only for 44% of dmg dealt at lvl 70. Tested using i310 axe with ilvl 305. I now realize why the tool tip is the way it is now and now I'm even more angry at the changes. I find this to be very insulting in addition to the gauge penalty for stance dancing. PLD and DRK only have to wait 1 gcd to switch stances, we have to wait 10 seconds. SE you messed up.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Arnar Grande
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Marxam View Post
    We'll we've always been melding str on the accessories anyways. However after reading that reddit post and some testing IB only seems to heal for 88% of the actual damage and SP only for 44% of dmg dealt at lvl 70. Tested using i310 axe with ilvl 305. I now realize why the tool tip is the way it is now and now I'm even more angry at the changes. I find this to be very insulting in addition to the gauge penalty for stance dancing. PLD and DRK only have to wait 1 gcd to switch stances, we have to wait 10 seconds. SE you messed up.
    If you think melding STR on accessories makes up for the difference in Attack Power compared to actual damage dealers, you need to read the comments more closely. Remember, damage = aggro. My only guess is that SE will probably change the aggro modifiers when having a damage curve keep up with dps would be more organic.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme...hange/di2i2r2/

Because of this, tanks are also the only class whose attack power (taken from their accessories) will not change over the entirety of Stormblood: the amount of STR they will slot will be the highest amount that they can, and will continue slotting that exact amount into every single accessory upgrade they will ever receive, meaning the amount of STR in their accessories at any given time will remain the same forever.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme...hange/di2gjg0/

And they'll keep doing it, too, but so many people can't tell how poor we're scaling. "But we'll get back to that same damage eventually and then pass it" Yeah, we did. In 3.4. And we're finally ahead of where we were in 3.1X STR tanking and we're about to drop back down again. Meanwhile DPS are getting stronger and stronger.
    A more recent thread about it.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme...k_accessories/

---

Eh, in the overall picture of things the change to IB/SP doesn't really matter if you have a competent healer, although I don't really get why they did it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme...as_hp/dj4pwod/

However, I absolutely disagree with punishment of stance dancing.
    (2)
    Last edited by YitharV2; 06-24-2017 at 11:39 AM.

Player
    LIMSA LOMINSA HAH HAH HAH!! A SIGHT FOR ME SORE EYES
    Character
    Heavy Hatchling
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80
    If the other tank dies then you have to switch to Defiance immediately which is gonna halve your gauge. I don't think its fair that I'm being punished because someone else messed up.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Dark Past
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    I miss my old war, warrior in Stormblood is downgraded more than upgraded.

only pro players used to do perfect 3x Fell Cleaves, Now noobs do 6x Fell Cleaves after spamming Storm Path.

I miss my Flash, hard to start a pull with overpower or waste a steel cyclone
    I miss my Bloodbath, the main theme of warriors, bloodbath+overpower & bloodbath+Vengeance
    I miss using Vengeance Raw Intuition Berserk for stacks
    I miss stance dancing
    I just miss my old badass warrior.

Warrior now is (Spam Storm Path then Fell Cleave 6x times), this is my focus while playing war now, it is stupid.

I already changed to pld and leveling it up, war is no fun anymore.

Regards,
    Main Warrior since 1.23
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Wolf Ghaladia
    World
    Kujata
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by dark0past View Post
    I miss my old war, warrior in Stormblood is downgraded more than upgraded.

only pro players used to do perfect 3x Fell Cleaves, Now noobs do 6x Fell Cleaves after spamming Storm Path.

I miss my Flash, hard to start a pull with overpower or waste a steel cyclone
    I miss my Bloodbath, the main theme of warriors, bloodbath+overpower & bloodbath+Vengeance
    I miss using Vengeance Raw Intuition Berserk for stacks
    I miss stance dancing
    I just miss my old badass warrior.

Warrior now is (Spam Storm Path then Fell Cleave 6x times), this is my focus while playing war now, it is stupid.

I already changed to pld and leveling it up, war is no fun anymore.

Regards,
    Main Warrior since 1.23
    Same here, played as Marauder in 1.0 before even the concept of jobs were introduced, all that died at Stormblood released. Except I couldn't even switch to PLD or any tank jobs for that matter, just doesn't sit right with me.
    (0)
    Common sense is not so common anymore.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast