Player
    Character
    Renabi Rena
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Darty123 View Post
    All fights are balaned around min i level sync settings ? Did you run the duty on that setting ? IF not then there is no balancing issue to discuss
    The problem is that the dungeon can be pretty difficult (specifically the second fight) even with an adequately geared party, I'd imagine it would be even harder at min ilevel since the tank won't be wearing full i260-70 gear. The problem is that this fight was balanced around a party of ilevel 230 back when healers and tanks were naturally stronger and it wasn't re-balanced when the nerfs and optimization was implemented in SB. I'm not saying it's impossible, especially if the players are experienced, it's just that this dungeon is required for the new content and it is now exceptionally harsh on players who are new to the content.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kyle Drew
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Last_Dragoon View Post
    Honestly, I was falling asleep when I posted this and I felt the need to submit it before I started losing my train of thought. I'll correct it though, XD

I was mostly pointing at a mechanic for the second boss in Baelsar's Wall that is required for the HW MSQ being much harder than it should be because of the loss of Parry and Piety. The fact that an overgeared tank or healer would have trouble with it is reason for rebalancing because in the situation where all the players are at or near the minimum item level of 230, the fight becomes insanely demanding of the players.
    Don't move or cast during sensory jammer and you won't get knocked up allowing plenty of time to get out of an aoe
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Narwhal Shadowsun
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 68
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with this easy face-roll dungeon, even while leveling and doing MSQ.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Carlo Vinne
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80
    It might be because the gear of a level 70 player is getting synced down to a level lower than someone in, say, Alexandrian gear, but that shouldn't be affecting stuff like the sensor+telegraph combo.

I ran the Gladiator job quest on an alt the other day, and I had to try it several times before I cleared. Even though I knew what I was doing, my gear was quite poor, and the enemy gets a healer who does nothing but heal. Including the very strong black mage you're expected to kill on your own.

I think the devs need to have a quick run by all of their pre-SB content just to check that everything is still balanced properly, because it looks like the severe change in game mechanics might be messing up their earlier balancing.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Ihza Mhaskova
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    The only part I had an issue with was the Armored Weapon.

I popped both DRK native defensive buffs, used my combo to apply Blind, and I still got so low I had to hit Living Dead to have a backup in case I died.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ceryx Occasus
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90

Minimum iLevel run completed

I completed a synced minimum iLevel run of this dungeon on, approximately, July 10, so under Patch 4.01 conditions.

Party composition was:
    • Tank - Warrior (me)
    • Healer - Astrologian (PuG)
    • DPS - Ninja (my friend)
    • DPS - Dragoon (Pug)
    The entire run was completed with no wipes and minimal deaths (I don't remember any crazy circumstances occurring.) Our dragoon went AFK/DCed during Boss #2 and never returned, so we completed everything after Boss #2 with a party of three.

Specifically regarding Boss #2. I didn't notice anything especially unusual about the damage being taken by our party (obviously we were getting hit hard at minimum iLevel), but I was in my tank stance the entire dungeon and rotated though all my defensive cooldowns, trying to time them to be as effective as possible against anticipated incoming damage. I don't believe our healer was doing much DPS, as they were healing most of the time. (continued...)
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ceryx Occasus
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    (...continued)

All Boss mechanic timings appeared to be normal to what I experienced immediately pre-SB, and I have run the dungeon at least 20 times in the past four weeks (glamour farming for Filibuster sets).

There is time to wait for the Extreme Caution debuff (red dots) to wear off and then immediately exit from the AoE circle from Diffractive Laser so as to not take damage from either attack.

My question for the original poster regarding the difficulty they experienced on Boss #2 would be, "was anyone in your party taking massive damage hits from the Dynamic Sensory Jammer (Extreme Caution debuff) mechanic?" That should be a zero-damage mechanic for all party members. If anyone gets hit by that attack they're going to lose 80% of their HP in a normal run (and probably 95% of their HP at minimum iLevel.)
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Maeka Blazewing
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    I've done Baelsar's as a PLD after 4.0 and I didn't notice much of anything wrong.

But then, I was...

A). Using Shield Oath and not Sword Oath because "EVERYBODY MUST DPS HARD!" these days. Screw that. I'm a tank. It's my job to not take any more damage than necessary.
    B). Using defensive cooldowns (including Bulwark! Bulwark is awesome when the boss spawns all of those adds).
    C). Using Clemency rather liberally (Especially after Bulwarking my Oath up to 100 in a few seconds lol).

I've always played defensively, and guess what? SE expects tanks to play Defensively. Who'da thunk it? A Tank is supposed to play Defensively. Mind = Blown for some people, I imagine.

If I wanted to deal Damage, I'd go as a SAM. I'm not there to deal damage, though. I'm there to keep the stuff interested in me, and to take as little damage as possible, or shall I say, eat up as less of the healer's MP as possible.

And seriously, if you are first-timing Baeslar's or any other x0 - level dungeon with minimum I-level, just stop.

Please, stop.

They have Tomestone Gear being so easy to get for a reason. You've had TEN FREAKING LEVELS to grind up Tomestones of Poetics. Every single day that passed between you dinging Lv50 and you arriving at Baelsar's Wall gave you opportunities to run Roulettes for not only XP, but also Poetics. You can buy Poetics gear the moment you step foot in Idyllshire, and there's NO Reason, None, to not have 2,000 Poetics by the time you step foot in Idyllshire which is way before you get to Baelsar's (or any of the other Lv60 dungeons).

Idyllshire is ~Lv58. That's two levels to buy Lv60 gear ahead of time so that you've got it the moment you ding 60.

Why are you in Baelsar's at minimum I-level again?
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Koichi Resh
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Never had any issues with this dungeon period (except for the second boss my first run). Not sure why people are tripping out about dungeons hitting harder. I mean, honestly sometimes I wish there was a little bit more of a challenge... I really enjoyed the mechanics of the bosses in this dungeon though!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Renabi Rena
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Levram View Post
    Specifically regarding Boss #2. I didn't notice anything especially unusual about the damage being taken by our party (obviously we were getting hit hard at minimum iLevel), but I was in my tank stance the entire dungeon and rotated though all my defensive cooldowns, trying to time them to be as effective as possible against anticipated incoming damage. I don't believe our healer was doing much DPS, as they were healing most of the time. (continued...)
    No, the main problem with the boss on the second fight was the almost glitchy damage that was happening from the adds that he creates from Distress Beacon. I've been doing the dungeon recently on my PLD that I'm leveling and the damage output of these things has dropped considerably compared to when I did it during that first week of Stormblood. Back then, Hallowed Ground wasn't even stopping their damage, so I'm pretty sure that this was fixed by one of the oversweeping bug fixes.
    (0)
    Last edited by The_Last_Dragoon; 07-27-2017 at 06:25 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2