Player
    Character
    Tanya Fierlaine
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by LegoTechnic View Post
    And this is my answer. I am still wearing my ilvl 270 belt with a single Direct Hit +12 materia melded. Taking this belt off and resummoning the fairy reduces Fey Union to ticks of around 5500, and putting it back on restores it to player potency levels.

This appears to be a bug where Fey Union requires Direct Hit melded somewhere to perform correctly? It is clearly a bug though. I'll post them a video if it isn't already in the bug report forums.
    It is currently bugged where a single point of direct hit will cause it to 100% critically hit. So yes it is much more underwhelming than most are aware of since most likely do meld direct hit and are unaware of this being a thing. So please look forward to the imminent nerf and enjoy an actually decent skill while we have it ;p
    (1)
    Last edited by MsTanya; 06-27-2017 at 03:58 PM.

Player
    Character
    Seolla Viltara
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by MsTanya View Post
    It is currently bugged where a single point of direct hit will cause it to 100% critically hit. So yes it is much more underwhelming than most are aware of since most likely do meld direct hit and are unaware of this being a thing. So please look forward to the imminent nerf and enjoy an actually decent skill while we have it ;p
    Yeah, testing without Direct Hit, I noticed Fey Union could actually crit, so this is probably correct and it is critting 100% of the time with direct hit melded. Good to know, though I kind of don't want to say anything more because I'm sure the fix to this will make the skill worse (and it's already pretty bad).
    (2)

Player
    Character
    N'jana Sakata
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80
    SCH is my main since I started FF14 (late 2.x) and it was the first I brought to 70.
    I really did feel the nerfs hit hard in the leveling dungeons, where I had to make use of all my tools, just to keep the tank alive at big pulls. Having to actually look at my mana was also new to me. It got a LOT better since reaching 70 though and having 18k+ MP at my disposal - but I do still have to make regular use of LD.

But what really bothered me is, that when I logged onto my lvl62 AST, running a few dungeons, I felt like the "better" healer/shielder in every aspect PLUS throwing buffs all over the place. Its just mind-boggling how the heals/shields on my lvl62 AST are stronger or as strong as on my lvl70 SCH. Maybe this is also a scaling issue-but it feels really weird.
    SCH is not "unviable", I was still able to clear the content, but it is in a kind of weird spot right now.
    I recommend everyone saying SCH is "strong" to play any of the other healing jobs and then coming back.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Russell Tyler
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    I've been maining SCH since the 3.x patches, so no-where near as long as a lot of you, but the general feeling I get is that I've lost the pure "satisfaction" from being a preemptive mitigation healer. At the end of 3.5, there was a real sense of achievement in learning a fight, preempting a big tank-buster with an Adlo or throwing out a Succor for reasonable AOE mitigation and watching as the HP bars in my party took a negligible ding. I was rewarded for anticipating what was coming and setting my team up for success.

Now, however, I can use the same tactics as before, "feel" prepared yet then find myself scrambling to throw out a hastily timed Lustrate or Indom and pray that it crits. Whatever happened, the level of incoming damage seems to completely outstrip my ability to mitigate by an order of magnitude at times, especially on big pulls, and I run the risk of running out of tools to deal with it. There's many factors going on, which fairy is out, how much mitigation the tank is using, whether the poor BLM is out-aggroing the tank, so it's not always the same, but it's that lingering sense the the pure satisfaction has gone - it's almost tiring at times.

If the devs want to focus on anything:
    • Adlo & Succor need a better pay-off for the MP - I'd vote for reworking the LVL 68 trait so that it buffs shield potency across the board; I "feel" that I care less about the ability to generate AF stacks and more about improving the robustness of my shields, especially given the spike in the incoming damage curve
    • Excog, to mimic a lot of the discussion, needs a better reward - I would love to see it perhaps give timed Invulnerability/1HP stacks to mitigate repeated tank-busters, assuming the target was above 50% HP when it's deployed (Akh Morn would be a great example as it's their new favourite wipe-mechanic) or let us use it to mitigate split-damage mechanics in those odd situations where the target is a million miles away from the group etc. Something genuinely useful and unique.
    • Fey Union, I think, just needs rough edges smoothed over - tether range or auto-reposition would be fine, responsiveness absolutely needs addressing; I've lost count of the times I've deployed it and then realised it never did anything...

Ultimately, SCH used to feel like the "in-control" healer, while WHM was more of a "deal with it when it happens" healer. Now I simply don't ever feel like I have much under control and when stuff does hit the fan, I've very limited ability to deal with it, and that's a fun-killer...
    (3)
    Last edited by MajikNET; 06-27-2017 at 08:18 PM.

Player
    Character
    Divine Gate
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by MsTanya View Post
    Ill try to find where it was said but in one of the letters or interviews they stated they were scaling back the crit damage to make room for direct hit, one could assume its a crit damage nerf across the board but it does hit adlo the most.
    It is true. The base CRT went from 5% Rate with 0.45 Multi at base to 5% Rate with 0.4 Multi. So while you will still have the same chance to crit it will be 5% weaker when it does.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    M'yana Thul
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by LegoTechnic View Post
    There are a couple of ways I can respond to this but I'll go with being civil.
    I really appreciate your civil tone. But as we all now learned, those constant 8.5k heals are most likely based on an internal calculation bug, causing melded Direct Hit to overwrite the fairy's crit chance. God knows how that happend. I bet you an arm and a leg that even SE doesn't know how they screwed that up. But I have to say that this bug will be useful until they change Fey Union for the better - or make it even worse. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by MajikNET View Post
    Ultimately, SCH used to feel like the "in-control" healer, while WHM was more of a "deal with it when it happens" healer. Now I simply don't ever feel like I have much under control and when stuff does hit the fan, I've very limited ability to deal with it, and that's a fun-killer...
    Yeah, we're now pretty much as reactive as a WHM, but with less control therefor. You could say we're now 'out of control' healer. Best we can do is pray and pet Eos - maybe she will feel loved again.
    (1)
    Last edited by AmelieR; 06-27-2017 at 11:03 PM.

Player
    Character
    Clouse Cleyras
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80
    Im just gonna copy what I put in another post cause looks like this is the correct place sorry.

Ok im gonna say something nobody likes.
    Ive being also playing Scholar since day 1.
    Now in SB at the start I also was like wtf is going on.

MP Problems - MP was drying out very quickly (I didnt had lucid dream cause I never had an issue with MP before), thats when I learned the power of lucid dream, its a bad thing that this is a must and it takes off my space for a E4E that also has longer cooldown that before, but well with this MP is not longer an issue.

Fey Union - Omg im loving this skill! Ofc it has some issues maybe it can be a l fixed a little. But man when u know when and how to use it I even think its OP. Each heal is stronger than a physicks, so its a constant powerfull heal, Im using this a lot in Lakshmi and Susano extreme when I know we are in a part when the tank won move, so I place my eos next to the tank, Fey Union, and dont stop DPSing for abour 40-60 seconds. Its a very good skill to complement with dpsing, the tank wont go down its so powerfull. But again you must know when its the time.

Excognitation sucks, nothing to say here.

Less dots, yeah we lost some but wlel nothing to say, also we lost Virus thats a big problem for me but well thats how things are.

So to finish, yeah maybe in dungeon first dungeons tanks are squishy, but remember we and them arent overgeared for them as we where before. And for expert dungeons im not having a problem at all, dungeons never had being a thing.
    And for the primals ex i think its working perfectly, im actually having fun with fey union system.
    It doesnt mean they could fix some things, but for me the job is working and for the looks of it ill keep raiding with SCH (I have raided as all healers before).

Not everything is that bad guys t
    (1)

Player
    Character
    M'yana Thul
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Clouse_Cleyra View Post
    MP Problems - MP was drying out very quickly (I didnt had lucid dream cause I never had an issue with MP before), thats when I learned the power of lucid dream, its a bad thing that this is a must and it takes off my space for a E4E that also has longer cooldown that before, but well with this MP is not longer an issue.

Fey Union - Omg im loving this skill! Ofc it has some issues maybe it can be a l fixed a little. But man when u know when and how to use it I even think its OP. Each heal is stronger than a physicks, so its a constant powerfull heal, Im using this a lot in Lakshmi and Susano extreme when I know we are in a part when the tank won move, so I place my eos next to the tank, Fey Union, and dont stop DPSing for abour 40-60 seconds. Its a very good skill to complement with dpsing, the tank wont go down its so powerfull. But again you must know when its the time.
    It's true that LD solves the MP reg issue, but that shouldn't be the case with SCH. We already had a MP reg skill which worked perfectly fine in 2.x and 3.x, but SE decided to make LD available to every healer. They then had to nerf Aetherflow to balance things out, leaving SCH with two but one MP reg skills. Just plain bad design choices.

As for Fey Union, it is noticeable less than a Physick. Read the past few posts and you'll see that there is a bug with Direct Hit that causes the heal of Fey Union to crit constantly. Saying it's fine 'cause it's bugged is like saying Volkswagen is fine because the other car manufactures cheated in their engine software as well. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Edit: Regarding Fey Union, I have now melded +9 Direct Hit into my shabby ilvl288 ring (nothing else melded) and can indeed confirm that Fey Union now heals constantly for ~8500. Doesn't make any sense to me since Direct Hit should only apply to damage dealt, but I wont complain.
    (0)
    Last edited by AmelieR; 06-28-2017 at 12:58 AM.

Player
    Character
    Clouse Cleyras
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by AmelieR View Post
    It's true that LD solves the MP reg issue, but that shouldn't be the case with SCH. We already had a MP reg skill which worked perfectly fine in 2.x and 3.x, but SE decided to make LD available to every healer. They then had to nerf Aetherflow to balance things out, leaving SCH with two but one MP reg skills. Just plain bad design choices.

As for Fey Union, it is noticeable less than a Physick. Read the past few posts and you'll see that there is a bug with Direct Hit that causes the heal of Fey Union to crit constantly. Saying it's fine 'cause it's bugged is like saying Volkswagen is fine because the other car manufactures cheated in their engine software as well. Two wrongs don't make a right.
    Yeah its true we didnt had any MP problems before, but its balancing, its not fair that are classes have MP issues while we dont I think.
    Also I dont think I crit or have direct hit but I cant confirm this I will check, still on the skill it says that fey union heal is stornger than a physicks thats why when I saw the number actually being higher (because all the fairy stat are different discussion) I didnt gave it to much thought, will re-confirm.

Anyway im just saying the job is playable and I think it can do any content, Im having a blast on primals ex and just waiting for Omega Savage ^^

The actually great big hit for me where Virus and the added CD on Eye for an eye, but nobody is even talking about them xD
    (1)

Player
    Character
    M'yana Thul
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Clouse_Cleyra View Post
    Yeah its true we didnt had any MP problems before, but its balancing, its not fair that are classes have MP issues while we dont I think.
    Also I dont think I crit or have direct hit but I cant confirm this I will check, still on the skill it says that fey union heal is stornger than a physicks thats why when I saw the number actually being higher (because all the fairy stat are different discussion) I didnt gave it to much thought, will re-confirm.
    Well, they could have left Aetherflow as it was and just not grant us access to LD. It was always a part of out kit to restore MP with Aetherflow, and now our own spells feels like a second class skill compared to the role skill. Call it a theft on our jobs identity if you so desire.

The heal from Fey Union doesn't 'crit' in that term. It's not a larger written number that pops up, it is just a bigger number. Without melding Direct Hit the heals looks like... 5500 - 5200 - 8500 - 5400. Please note that the '8500' is written in the same size and font like the regular heals. With Direct Hit its like... 8200 - 8100 - 8900 ect. I think you catch the drift. Also, since Fey Union is a fairy ability, it does use (unless a dev states otherwise) fairy potency and does not gain benefits from Rouse or Illumination.

And yes, of course the job is playble and you can do every content. Heck, I run my duties as SCH because I LOVE the job. But with the changes made in SB it's just not fun anymore. The fairy is still clunky, Fey Union requires an incredibly long wind up animation and the fairy happily burn the fey-meter even when she can't heal because the tank ran away from her. Our shields are laughable and outclassed by the hybrid healer AST. Our damage output, if any, is outclassed by WHM. We're only best at puns in the moment because WE ARE THE PUN.
    (3)

Page 20 of 43 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast