Player
    Character
    Hex Pathcrosser
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 72

A request when changing retainer jobs

Every time a new job is released, a lot of players want to try it out. And if you have a hunter retainer, you'll likely want to make him or her the same as your main job. In Heavensward I mained Dragoon. In Stormblood, it will be Samurai. My retainer is already a level 60 dragoon, but I want to make him a samurai, which means completely resetting it and having him start from 1 again.

I'd like to make a suggestion/request that when we buy Modern Vocation, it starts out our battle retainers at 50 instead of 1 as long as they already have a job at max level. It gets tiresome to level a retainer with a new job starting from 1 when even I didn't have to start from 1 to level samurai.

Please consider this request!
    (10)

Player
    Character
    Firwik Howlo
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 30
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormfur View Post
    Every time a new job is released, a lot of players want to try it out. And if you have a hunter retainer, you'll likely want to make him or her the same as your main job. In Heavensward I mained Dragoon. In Stormblood, it will be Samurai. My retainer is already a level 60 dragoon, but I want to make him a samurai, which means completely resetting it and having him start from 1 again.

I'd like to make a suggestion/request that when we buy Modern Vocation, it starts out our battle retainers at 50 instead of 1 as long as they already have a job at max level. It gets tiresome to level a retainer with a new job starting from 1 when even I didn't have to start from 1 to level samurai.

I never understood why they lose all of their skills once they switch. I also never really looked into it but still. I want to have battle retainers be able to be used as companions. That would be cool.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Thalia Beckford
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    They really should transfer over completely. I'm in the same boat. I have sch and brd as my hunting retainers but I main whm now. I should be able to change them them over to their equivalent levels in another class. Then I can level from that point up to my maximum in whichever class. If they aren't willing to do this, then up the xp rewards so we can level our retainers faster. It's only going to get worse as more levels get tacked on without a good solution.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Hashmael Lightswain
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Did changing them to DRK/MCH/AST revert them to level 1, too?

Considering there are no level 1 weapons for the new jobs, maybe they have to be a minimum of 50?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Hex Pathcrosser
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 72
    I believe what happens is that right now, you have to have a base class for them until they hit 50. THEN you can use Modern Vocation to switch them to one of the new jobs.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nixx Delumi
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Frankly, they should just cap battle retainers based on your highest level DoW/DoM, rather than the specific class or job. They're essentially interchangeable, so the reset requirement that makes sense for switching between BTN, MIN, FSH, and combat doesn't make sense for switching between combat classes. I'm currently leveling ninja, even though it's about the last thing I want to play. I played NIN in ARR and early in HW, so it made sense, but now I basically only play WHM, PLD, and SMN and the penalty for switching to WHM is just too steep. I'd level NIN eventually anyway because I level everything, but I'd have more fun if I could do it on my own schedule rather than having to prioritize it just so I have reasonable access to mob drops for leveling my crafters, which I actually care about.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Atticus Max
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormfur View Post

I m not sure since you seem to indicate that you have only one retainer, but just in case, you do know you get two free retainers right?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Hex Pathcrosser
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 72
    Quote Originally Posted by Renius View Post
    I m not sure since you seem to indicate that you have only one retainer, but just in case, you do know you get two free retainers right?
    Oh how I know it I actually have the two free ones and two paid ones. They are: Miner, Botanist, Fisher and Hunter.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Misty Mew
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Imo we should be allowed to switch between their jobs at will with no penalty at all.

They must match our characters level anyway so if we can change jobs at will , they should too, Not being able to do so is just a horrible annoyance.
    (4)

MORE HIGH HEELS + INSTANCED HOUSING! !

Player
    Character
    Lele Inoch
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    I want something done about this too. I main as RDM and had to reset my NIN retainer to lv1
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast