Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Laernu Tairos
    World
    Maduin
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90

Player search feature update. Supposed to be a joke from SE?!?!?!

Sorry but I searched across all fields, there was one person seeking 4 hours post update. Is this a funny ha ha update for the system we got or am I using this thing wrong. I also "Seeked" and not a single tell came. As far as I can tell this system is NOTHING like the one on FFXI and it is barely different from the system used previously. So if NO one else besides 1 person on the server is using it, what exactly am I missing here?!?!?! We waited almost 3 weeks for the delayed update and ...... this was why??? Please post what is new, cause I'm just not see'ing it as far as search goes other then a few new buttons no one STILL will use .
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Captain Lalafist
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 82
    So is there a problem with the system and it's design, or are you seriously bitching about people not picking up the new feature immediately post-patch after more than a year of ignoring said feature because it sucked?

You can't exactly force your players to use this feature. I hope you can understand the concept?
    (46)

Player

The big issue I have with the player search feature is that it's not server-wide. You have to be in the same area as the other players looking for parties. This isn't an issue if all you're doing is staying in Uldah like everyone seems to be doing (due to the poor region/city design). You can't be soloing off in Camp Bald Knoll and bring it up, as it'll come up completely empty if no one's in there looking for parties.

Otherwise, I don't know what problems you're having with the party search.
    (3)
    Proud member of the "why the the heck are giant obnoxious images allowed in signatures" club.

Quote Originally Posted by kensredemption
    I'd rather play solo than play with a bunch of elitists.

Player
    Character
    Fiona Valencia
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by UnrealTai View Post
    Sorry but I searched across all fields, there was one person seeking 4 hours post update. Is this a funny ha ha update for the system we got or am I using this thing wrong. I also "Seeked" and not a single tell came. As far as I can tell this system is NOTHING like the one on FFXI and it is barely different from the system used previously. So if NO one else besides 1 person on the server is using it, what exactly am I missing here?!?!?! We waited almost 3 weeks for the delayed update and ...... this was why??? Please post what is new, cause I'm just not see'ing it as far as search goes other then a few new buttons no one STILL will use .
    I believe most of the community is doing the moogle prequest and other things before going on EXP parties.
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Rath Skybreaker
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 88
    Works on my server, over 200 results
    (13)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by RathSkybreaker View Post
    Works on my server, over 200 results
    Are you doing the searches in town? That's pretty impressive. Is Palamecia a high population server?
    (0)
    Proud member of the "why the the heck are giant obnoxious images allowed in signatures" club.

Quote Originally Posted by kensredemption
    I'd rather play solo than play with a bunch of elitists.

Player
    Character
    Luzaf Ephramad
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    worked for me when I was in Gridania, I got people in the forest uldah and in gridania when i searched for lv 50 archers
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Xatsh Vei
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    People need to understand XI's party search, the original XIV search, and the new one all work just as good.

IF PEOPLE REFUSE TO USE IT, IT WILL NOT WORK. This is a playerbase issue...until the playerbase wises up no search will ever be functional. Even the easiest search ever, WoW's dungeon finder would fail hardcore if no one qued up.

And the server search is world wide, do not know where this region specific thing is coming from. Atm at ifrit spot, and I have searched and came up with glads in Mordona, West Shroud, Nanawa mines, Uldah, Limsa, Gridania, and Corethas
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Rath Skybreaker
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 88
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahn View Post
    Are you doing the searches in town? That's pretty impressive. Is Palamecia a high population server?
    No, I was outside of town.. I didn't expect results like that, and not really, low pop if anything.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Yelta Sumasu
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    I did a seek party and my sister searched and found me just fine...

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast