Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Mana Aogane
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    I just wanted to agree that this ability is underwhelming. Healers don't need RNG in their rotations. As a role in a party, healers need to be the most reliable or the group is going to wipe. No part of 'reliable' involves RNG. It goes counter to the way a healer should play.

That said, confession stacks proc once in a blue moon and fall off so quickly that they usually don't stack past 2 before falling off so you can't really bank them for when you would want to use them. During tank heavy damage fights, I couldn't get it to proc enough to get worthwhile stacks. If it did proc it would stick at one or fall off before it could get to 2. And during the final trial there was so much stuff and AoE damage going on that I did not have time to track my confession stacks at all. Also, there was another white mage in the group so it was impossible to tell whose confession stacks were whoms on the buff tracker which meant that I used it a grand total of 0 times throughout the fight.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Lindsey Fletcher
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    And did you take into account the following;

1. Did the Tank have Convalescence active at the time of healing
    2. How much Determination as the player go in his stat pool

You can't make a call between a Warrior and Paladin because we stack differently, you need to run these tests properly on player with Low and High Determination stats and with and without Convalescence active.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cecelia Stormfeather
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Bit of math. Lets say I heal my entire dungeon group with Cure instead of an AoE heal, because I *REALLY* want to use PI. 40% of the time, I will get zero confessions. You'll note that is almost half. 40% I'll get one, 15% I'll get two. 2% for 3. Then they'll fall off if I don't use them in 30 seconds, so hopefully there's more group wide damage coming ASAP? Course, I can use PI, then heal everyone who didn't have a stack (which is most of them) with Cure... or I can ignore PI entirely and use Medica, which uses less MP than four Cure spells and is far, far faster in getting the job done.

For tank healing, hit the tank 10 times with Cure and heal damage, without using PI and without letting the stack fall off. 32% of the time, you'll get to 3 stacks and get a free almost Cure II. Course, Freecure will likely have already given you at least one free Cure II, and has a reasonable shot at having given you two of them. The most likely scenario is that PI gives you fewer than 3 stacks, and the odds of getting zero are better than you might expect (~10%), in which case PI is totally useless.

If you simply let PI get to one stack and use it, the odds tilt more its way (since it is more likely than Freecure), but at that point its a free Cure while Freecure is Cure II. Freecure also gives you a lily from it's Cure II and has a chance to lower a cooldown if you crit (although we're in RNG hell here). PI does neither of those things.

Bottom line? PI is useless as a raid healing tool. It's occasionally an extra free Cure on the tank, if for some reason you need another one of those.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Ringabel Memoriae
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 82
    I would have liked Plenary Indulgence to consume the confession stacks to restore the whm's mp. Honestly if the % restored from each stack was tied with lilies stacks I would also be ok since it feels like the lilies are not even used. In my experience though they appear often.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Raim Surion
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    Confession and lilies should proc at a smaller rate from Regen ticks on people. Divine Benison should only use one lily per application.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kagetsune Shido
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    This is the most worthless spell in our kit. You won't even need to use it if it is available because by the time you actually get a freaking confession, your other healing cooldowns like Assize or Tetra will be up and are way better to use. Then if you do decide to use it the confession is already gone.

We already have enough healing. I would've preferred if our 70 spell was a DPS or utility spell like Tornado or even Reraise.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Larela Lightsong
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    I found myself really disappointed with PI as well. I've been trying to figure it out since I hit 70. I have literally cast cure/cure II on the tank for 30 seconds straight and watched confession fall off. Most of the time I find it useless, due to the fact that it usually seems to proc as the trash battle is ending and will probably be gone before the tank will take enough damage in the next one, OR by the time I manage to get a stack, I've healed the tank to full and now I have to wait for an opportunity to use it. If that isn't the case, I have rarely been able to use it as "intended": on the party as a whole. Sometimes. I will try to stack confession on more than one person in the group, but this rarely happens, due to RNG; by the time I have it on one the second/third person, it's already fallen off someone else.

I agree with others that there should be some sort of benefit to the WHM for all of the work entailed on keeping stacks up, if that's what we're supposed to do; either by rewarding mana, providing a shield, getting rid of the 30s time, or even perhaps a small haste buff. I think its easiest improvement would be to have confession stacks at the same rate as lilies (or even 20/70%). As it stands now, it is far too unpredictable to be of real use.

As for benison and lilies, I think the lilies are fine. I've just had to learn that I don't always need 3. Being more liberal with my CDs has made healing a breeze in most cases. I like Raim's idea of benison only using one lily. It doesn't make sense that it would consume all 3 without an added benefit. Either increase the shield time/capacity or only burn one lily per use, similar to SCH.

Overall, I generally like the WHM changes. I don't miss CS at all, though I think the loss of SS was unfair. The best part of SS was timing it against knockback skills, so that you wouldn't get interrupted (TBs too)! Surecast pales in comparison. They could have just gotten rid of CS, sleep, or FA and left SS and I would have been happy!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sacrilege Moonshadow
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Memoriae View Post
    I would have liked Plenary Indulgence to consume the confession stacks to restore the whm's mp. Honestly if the % restored from each stack was tied with lilies stacks I would also be ok since it feels like the lilies are not even used. In my experience though they appear often.
    I'm not sure WHMs need any more help with MP at this point, though. With Thin Air, Assize, Lucid Dreaming, and huge oGCD healing ability, they have amazing MP management.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Seterra Delnori
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 60
    Yeah, PI is pretty much hot garbage. It can be seen at best as seen as a slight mana conservation mechanic giving you the occasional free cure. It is not good as an AOE as the odds of getting confessions are TERRIBLE and they don't last long enough. It's not good as a panic heal as despite being instant the odds of having confession, even on the tank, aren't good. So that just leaves it as the occasional free heal which honestly we don't need. It takes up more time for me to monitor if I have stacks on someone and they need healing than the free heal benefits me.

Our lillies and shield are in need of tweaking too, but PI pretty much needs a total overhaul.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Silver Strider
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Make convictions apply during ANY healing abilities at a rate of maybe 20% for AoE heals and regens, while 50% for single target heals.

Overkill maybe but honestly, RNG is stupid and RNG heals should NOT exist
    (2)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast