Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Apex Predator
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 38

Looking for a class with procs and without a set rotation! please help!

So I have been looking through classes and I am not sure which I should play. I like the theme of Dragoon but it has a set rotation and that would get old. I have always liked classes with procs and rotations that are adaptive based on RNG.

Likes -
    Procs
    RNG rotations
    Flashy animations
    Flashy armor

Dislikes -
    Set rotations
    Maintaining multiple buffs/debuffs
    Most played classes

Which classes are closest too what I am looking for? I would love some help so I can jump right into the game! =D Thanks!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Shyle Katriss
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 70
    RDM comes to mind when it comes to a priority system rather than a "set rotation". Though it's one of the most played classes at the moment. I'm really enjoying the playstyle of the class.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Robin Ster
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 70
    Red Mage and machinist have procs on their main damage skills.
    Bard has some procs too.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Hashmael Lightswain
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Gonna argue BLM, but, you might struggle finding a class that doesn't juggle buffs/debuffs to some degree. Kinda part of the complexity of most of the classes.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rawon Special
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Brd and mch is probably your best bet, iam not sure about rdm because just like melee class it has boring rotation.

All melee class in this game (rdm included) has "follow the trail" rotation set

Rdm rotation is basically fill your gauge by switching between black magic and white magic until both gauge reach 80 then charge in do 1-2-3 melee combo, jump back and finisher, repeat until dead. There is nothing more thats pretty much what you will do with your rdm when you reach 70
    (0)

6. 06-20-2017 11:16 AM

7. 06-20-2017 11:17 AM

Player
    Character
    Apex Predator
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 38
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasrat View Post
    Gonna argue BLM, but, you might struggle finding a class that doesn't juggle buffs/debuffs to some degree. Kinda part of the complexity of most of the classes.
    Why BLM? Ive noticed most have a debuff/buff to juggle but I just dont want to micromanage buffs/debuffs non stop.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sonatia Eikyuu
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    BRD is NOT what u want lol.

Dislikes -
    Set rotations - every class has their own set rotation, so this is pretty much depend on you if u like brd rotation or not.
    Maintaining multiple buffs/debuffs - bard has A LOT of utilities
    Most played classes - bard is ONE of the most play class for dps class beside RDM/SAM"

MCH would be the best for you because

Likes -
    Procs - lol this class is master of proc rng
    RNG rotations - BIG check on this one
    Flashy animations - not as flashy as MAGICAL class but still pretty flashy once u hit to higher level
    Flashy armor - GLAMOUR is life.
    Set rotations - same reason as brd
    Maintaining multiple buffs/debuffs - compare to bard this class has less utility but more dmg wise
    Most played classes - this class has the LEAST player base.
    (1)
    Last edited by Jilliebeans; 06-20-2017 at 11:26 AM.

Player
    Character
    Aeliott Cadenza
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    RDM fits your "rotational" and flashy desires well (very debonair job), but is very very popular being one of the new jobs right now.

BRD and MCH would probably be the next closest thing. MCH is the least popular, and I would argue has fewer things to keep track of than BRD, but doesn't have very flashy armor unless you come up with some wacky glams of your own. BRD has some fancy exclusive gearsets, and has probably more RNG than MCH. MCH main combo is proc-based, but its RNG factor is exaggerated by players given the frequency at which you can use ammo, especially in 4.0
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ani Celestine
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 80
    Blm's "buffs" that you need to juggle with are not as bad as they used to be. The only 2 things that you have to remember is to fire 1 before AF3 drops off while casting Fire 4s until out of mp. Once out of mp remember to cast blizzard 3 to get UI3 and while in UI3 depending what's up (foul? Thundercloud proc? ) you use them on a set priority.

You would've loved 2.0 blm but with 3.0 blm moved from procs being the thing to look for into fire 4 as much as you can.

Bard juggles with the songs every 30 seconds but has quite some different types of procs. And at 70 they get a priority system for their straighter shot proc as there's 2 skills you can use that proc for then.

Can't say much about mch but they have a heat gauge to juggle not to go over board and over heat their gun unless you're going for a small burst of dps followed by a lower dps phase until gun has cooled off
    (0)
    Last edited by AniCelestine; 06-20-2017 at 04:24 PM.

Player
    Character
    Rhia Nara
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Blm does have a set rotation though, which you said you don't want.
    Brd uses a priority system where you constantly check which skill is best to use (at least in 3.x it used to didn't try in 4.0 yet) it doesn't really use procs (except one I can think of real quick), but also brings a lot of party utility. I believe you should check that out.
    Other than that, Nin springs to mind, no procs either though. But fast gameplay, mobility and mudras add some flair to it. Still, keep in mind I speak from a 3.x standpoint as apart from my Blm I didn't get to check either of those classes yet.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast