Player
    Character
    Drei Rael
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Puhlo View Post
    I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I have caught 15 Ichthyosaur and got one message on the shadows forming and then nothing else. I did not see it point me to a direction. What should I have done? That was over 30 minutes ago.
    Is it possible that you've deactivated Truth of the Ocean at some point while spearfishing? It needs to be on constantly if you want the shadows to keep forming. Otherwise it should work when you catch Ichtyosauruses.

Also the fishing spot that it spawns glows visibly only on the minimap.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Hyomin Park
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    They really should consider letting Veteran's Trade work on more than one fish. :/

I've been at this for almost 2 hours now, yet I keep catching either the Yanxian Prawns or Cherry Salmon. And if you Veteran Trade one, you still get the other, instead of the Ichthyosaur (which, if the number is the same for each forced spawn, you need to catch roughly 10 of them). The one time I got the node to spawn, I caught Doman Bubble Eyes and another fish, and only managed to get 1 HQ Dafangshi (with the Small Gig head). Mildly annoying.

It's also worth noting that if the Swimming Shadows node spawns with a Gathering Yield +1, it doesn't affect the Dafangshi, just the other fish in the node.

Remembering now why I always shelve FSH after a few levels. Sigh.
    (5)
    Last edited by HyoMinPark; 07-26-2017 at 11:09 PM.
    Sage | Astrologian | Dancer

마지막 날 널 찾아가면
    마지막 밤 기억하길

Hyomin Park#0055

Player
    Character
    Maeka Blazewing
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by HyoMinPark View Post
    FSH is that thing I wish I could enjoy.

Between the "The fish got away..." when you're wearing gear that SHOULD be good enough (I'm only Lv62 at this point, and wearing full SB gear fishing Lv61 fish in Fringes), the ridiculous requirements for the quests (especially Double-Mooches......sigh), FSH is just not fun IMO.

It should be a relaxing thing where you slowly make progress over time, but they're trying to turn it into this Gamble-against-RNG type thing, where you need to Mooch anything that's worth anything whatsoever, and then on top of that, you need HQ mooches at that! Yes, I know, Patience, Hooksets, etc but then they have those eating so much GP that you need full GP melded gear to even think about trying that...

It seems like Crafting and Gathering both are "gotta max ALL of your gear or you're gonna have a bad time" .... even Pre-Endgame now. I can understand 1-3 Star stuff being like this, but dude, even Pre-Star is like that. Combat isn't anywhere near this hard. You don't need melded Gear to get through a dungeon, you don't even need melded gear for Shinryu or normal Deltascape.

Why do you need melded gear to do nigh-anything in DoH/DoL? Why are you forced to wear HQs and have melded gear to get anywhere, even pre-endgame?

It's just kind of ridiculous. I just wanna throw my line out and enjoy some relaxing fishing. But no, I won't get anything unless I've spent hours grinding my eyeballs out or blowing half of my money on ultra-expensive gear and melds before I can do that fishing.

There's a reason I stopped on class quests in HW. You are pretty much required to BUY the fish they want (which is why I assume they switched to Quest-Caught-Only fish that can't be bought).

But SE seems to fail to understand why people were buying the quest fish before in HW, because the fish were simply too annoying to catch otherwise unless you were wearing endgame melded gear. And even then, stuff like Black Magefish are STILL annoying (which is why they are 50k+ for 1 NQ in the MB).
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Dement Drachte
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 78
    Quote Originally Posted by HyoMinPark View Post
    They really should consider letting Veteran's Trade work on more than one fish. :/

I've been at this for almost 2 hours now, yet I keep catching either the Yanxian Prawns or Cherry Salmon. And if you Veteran Trade one, you still get the other, instead of the Ichthyosaur (which, if the number is the same for each forced spawn, you need to catch roughly 10 of them). The one time I got the node to spawn, I caught Doman Bubble Eyes and another fish, and only managed to get 1 HQ Dafangshi (with the Small Gig head). Mildly annoying.

It's also worth noting that if the Swimming Shadows node spawns with a Gathering Yield +1, it doesn't affect the Dafangshi, just the other fish in the node.

Are you only using a small gig head for the whole thing? If so switch to a large one. I did this quest in literally 3 nodes. First node I caught 1 Ichthyosaur, Second Node had increases Yield +2 so I Veteran Traded Yanxian Prawns and used the extra gathering attempt skill. 3/4 of my remaining spears caught them giving me 9 and spawning the Swimming Shadows. I continued to use a large gig head and caught 100% HQ Dafangshi from the Swimming Shadows giving me 5 of them and finishing the quest.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Thalia Beckford
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Dement View Post
    Are you only using a small gig head for the whole thing? If so switch to a large one. I did this quest in literally 3 nodes. First node I caught 1 Ichthyosaur, Second Node had increases Yield +2 so I Veteran Traded Yanxian Prawns and used the extra gathering attempt skill. 3/4 of my remaining spears caught them giving me 9 and spawning the Swimming Shadows. I continued to use a large gig head and caught 100% HQ Dafangshi from the Swimming Shadows giving me 5 of them and finishing the quest.
    You got lucky. It took me an hour to get all the Ichthyosaurs because of the same thing this poster described (yes I was using large gig) and then I just barely got the three HQ Dafangshi because that eel kept wanting to come up instead.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Talshara Blade
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 72
    How would anyone fucking know to do this!?
    (3)
    Less Reality makes for better Fantasy!
    Support adding "6 Fulms Under" to gpose!

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/376127-Request-for-gpose%21-Sinking%21

Player
    Character
    Thalia Beckford
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Talshara_Blade View Post
    How would anyone fucking know to do this!?
    By finding it on the internet, of course, because we can't possibly expect the game to explain any of this.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Song Sparrow
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by TaleraRistain View Post
    By finding it on the internet, of course, because we can't possibly expect the game to explain any of this.
    Really makes you wonder about the people who find it first.
    (1)

cerise leclaire
    (bad omnicrafter & terrible astrologian)

Player
    Character
    Katori Way
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 65

Hmm

It only took me 6 fish to get it to spawn. And I pulled 5 HQ.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2