Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21
    Player
    Character
    Nexcoyotl Ixtlilton
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    I am still baffled that the complaints that have been around for a while that have not even been acknowledged, like useless actions (Tornado Kick, One Ilm Punch, Arm of the Destroyer, Purification). Monk could be amazing but it is so meh
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tani Shirai
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by bustamanteverde View Post
    I am still baffled that the complaints that have been around for a while that have not even been acknowledged, like useless actions (Tornado Kick, One Ilm Punch, Arm of the Destroyer, Purification). Monk could be amazing but it is so meh
    Tornado Kick is far from useless. In certain builds, it's used every 30 seconds...

But yes, general balance seems to be the limit of any during-expansion changes, and "selling point" (in brief summary, on paper) additions the limit of changes upon introducing a new expansion.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Enyalios Ares
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 51
    @OP just cos monk was the advert doesn’t mean monk should be the best or most used job... 1.0 has the bard, 2.0 had warrior and 3.0 had dragoon. we’re these jobs the best during their expansions? God no, warrior was total shit in 2.0. The trailer is nothing more than just that. A trailer
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Thymos Helmsplitter
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    I'm glad there are monk players around here speaking out against the changes. Honestly, I dropped MNK completely. MNK and DRG both, but I while I think DRG is underwhelming MNK just got annihilated.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Antony Gabbiani
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by bustamanteverde View Post

If they fixed One Ilm Punch, then they'd have to rewrite some of the Heavensward quest dialogue that actually acknowledges how niche and basically useless the spell was even then. They've expressed reluctance with changing existing content and cutting quests, so it's safe to assume that we're going to be stuck with this useless skill in perpetuity.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Rhaja Foxtail
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by wereotter View Post

If they fixed One Ilm Punch, then they'd have to rewrite some of the Heavensward quest dialogue that actually acknowledges how niche and basically useless the spell was even then. They've expressed reluctance with changing existing content and cutting quests, so it's safe to assume that we're going to be stuck with this useless skill in perpetuity.
    That's just dumb enough to actually be legitimate.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Nexcoyotl Ixtlilton
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazephina View Post
    My main issues with the class are:
    1. It feels like it has lost its place
    2. Most of the major changes to it are totally rng driven, if not rng ON TOP OF rng.
    3. Probably biggest reason is my class has not felt like it has evolved at all since I played it in ARR.

My bread and butter is still the same 6 buttons over and over. Every other class has gotten meaningful abilities that add to their rotation. See dragoon fang and claw wheeling thrust and then the addition of lance mastery. See ninja 3rd finisher added in HW (armor crush) to reset huton. Literally every single ability I have received is button bloat and the core of my rotation is UNCHANGED since the release of the game.

That all said I have no gripes with my classes actual dps output, sure you can make the argument it should do more but I could actually give a fuck about how much dps it does at this point. My gripe is that my class isn't fun anymore and hasn't evolved in any meaningful way.

There are tons of ideas on this job that have been generated from these types of threads over the years on how to evolve the class. I would honestly be happy if they made a sandbox sever, implemented our ideas one at a time to see how they work, pick the ones that make the class enjoyable again, and then just change potencies until the job does exactly the same dps as it does now.
    All of this expresses why I shelved my MNK and he is just collecting dust. Job is subpar and not fun at all compared to SAM/RDM/BLM, hell even my PLD is funner to play than my MNK. As a PLD I have seen so few MNKs in my daily roulettes but I understand why. Job is boring and stuck in ARR days and Devs refuse to flesh out new ideas and keep adding bandages over wounds.
    (0)

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21