Player
    Character
    Jiraiya Sama
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90

A Few 4.0 Warrior Adjustment Suggestions

Here are some suggestions to give warrior some identity back while making it more fluid and rewarding to play without (I think) breaking any game balance.

Give Berserk a +10% bloodbath effect- This will help with making warrior feel like the bloodthirsty berserker it used to feel like, even a small effect will be useful and make it feel unique to warrior, otherwise it's just Fight or Flight.

Make Stance Dancing have no penalty(for all tanks?)- I feel like I have limited options because of the punishment, it doesn't feel rewarding. I feel warrior is punished the most with this change out of the 3 tanks since the bulk of warrior's skills is gated behind the beast gauge.

Upheaval and Onslaught no cost- These feel overshadowed by the bigger skills such as fell cleave and inner beast, an afterthought. Upheaval is Spirits Within and Onslaught is Plunge, both of these the other tanks get to use for free.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Siph Erous
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 60
    Beserk is actually better than rampart in a number of ways. Rampart only increases physical dmg, Beserk multiplies your Attack power stat. This in turn not only makes you hit harder but healing skills also increase in potency as they are tied to your attack power stat. The current beserk is also better than the old because it has a longer total uptime now.

Stance Dancing penalty is negligable. It only reduces half your current stacks and not half your max stacks. This means if you have to swap burn whatever you can of you inner beast stack and swap to get the most out of it. The penalty is there to stop combination of swapping becoming ridiculously overpowered. I havent touched WAR yet as im leveling DRK and PLD but as PLD loses 1/2 current oath generation i just hit sheltron during a swap to proc a block or intervention rampart on the other tank to give him a good defense boost as the swap happens.

Onslaught is only 20 innerbeast, its a drop in the bucket and good for rushing a target that just knocked up back. Its designed for quick recovery and has plenty of uses. Upheavel is also 20 inner beast and is actually stronger than fell cleave in potency vs beats stacks. 2 fell cleaves is 1000 potency and 100 stacks. 5 upheavals is maximum 1500potency and also 100 stacks. Fell cleave sounds great cause of big numbers but when u look at stacks vs dmg, upheval wins
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Goffard Gaffgarion
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 73
    I'd add just that:

The CC immunities of Inner Release should be given to Unchained as well. They share a timer, for the " IR<===>Unchained " mechanic to have this defensive component in DPS stance, but not in the Tank stance feels like an oversight. It's called 'Unchained' too, isn't it? No Heavy, no Bind Nu Nu :<

The stance dancing thing is a trolling shift, but I guess like was said Onslaught and Upheavel are meant to be oGCD gauge dumps to use before swapping so that the penalty doesn't hit too hard. It is sad they force this on WAR, it'll take some adjusting to.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Grandfall Fraxinus
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    stance dance cost nothing for all tanks, remove beast gauge from upheaval and onslaught
    change berserk back to its original form so shake it off can have some use
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Alexya Ultor
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Sipherous View Post
    Beserk is actually better than rampart in a number of ways. Rampart only increases physical dmg, Beserk multiplies your Attack power stat. This in turn not only makes you hit harder but healing skills also increase in potency as they are tied to your attack power stat. The current beserk is also better than the old because it has a longer total uptime now.
    Define "better." Better overall uptime? Yeah, you get 60s of +30% AP, for a total of 90% more AP over 180s, versus the old version, which would be up for 40s out of 180s, but give you a 100% AP bonus (2 uses at 50 vs 3 at 30). At best, Berserk is a wash. Higher uptime, weaker overall AP gain.

Stance swap penalty is a bad idea, both for PLD and for WAR, and doubly so for PLD since they also still have their stances on GCD. In the old system, we would be sitting at 10% crit in Deliverance, then a tanking mechanic would come up and we would swap to Defiance, where now we have 10% more parry. Now with 100 beast gauge we will have 10% more crit on attack that gets halved to 5% parry when you swap to tank (or vice versa). In other words, we are actively punished for swapping. Yeah, we can stock the equivalent of two IB's or FC's now (instead of 1) but we lose out on the passive buffs on top of the other nerfs we've taken (most prominent one being the bloodbath loss).

Tbh, I could handle pretty much everything else they did to WAR, but I can't abide by the Bloodbath loss. The sustain/meat tank is dead without it.
    (0)

6. 06-18-2017 01:31 PM

Player
    Character
    Zaque Xiii
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    It seems interesting to me that they decided to give warrior a gap closer. Sure it seems all well and good but I mean, why not just make holmgang an ability where you can actually pull an enemy to you(they already have plenty of pulling tech in game) so that it cant run away or you can trap it to you(I mean this in terms of just having it back in attack range, lord knows how seldom binds work). And for the love of god give warrior an actual Super cooldown, like make it so that they survive at 1 hp sure, but give us something to get out of it with. As is holmgang is more of a suicide pact than a rescue cooldown, Maybe something like it where we cant move and don't drop below 1 but instead of the false hope of traping an enemy maybe give us something like a increase in healing received as we get lower and then it can still be 6 seconds too, so that way worst comes to worst we can hopefully just equilibrium near the end and be fine.

Also maybe a mercy stroke type thing just for healing would be nice.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lhei Fox
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    I would like to have onslaught as an opener and instead cost of 20 gauge it would give us 20 gauge , otherwise i found this skill very useless.
    since we dont have infuriate outside combat is abit slower to make great unchained pull.

And swop between Stance should not lose 50 gauge.
    (0)