Player
    Character
    Starfish Melody
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80

problem diving

anyone else have problem diving? I finished MQ udner the sea, and from tamamizu i can start diving , but if i get to the top , i can't go back in using control-space does not make me dive, it just jumps, any idea?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ertai Spelldragon
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    We are still making a conga line at Cold steel.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Starfish Melody
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    nevermind, my keybind for some reason was empty for dive decent.

I am sorry for you being stuck, i was lucky 4 tries and got in. i think SE should make a proper duty finder queue for solo duties the same way its done for parties, and make it datacenter wide not server centeric.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Lady Ofthelake
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Leatherworker Lv 52
    Look at you key bind settings. You will need to put cntl space bar in the item for dive descend
    (0)

Greetings,

I'm glad you were able to resolve your issue!

Please let me share an update from the User Interface Lead Minagawa in regards to the cause and solution for others that may be affected by the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiroshi_Minagawa View Post
    Greetings, everyone. User Interface Lead Minagawa here.

We were able to detect the cause of this issue, so please allow me to explain.

This issue occurs for those who carried over save file data that was created in Patch 2.5. This issue does not affect those who just started playing, or those who have played through Heavensward. It also does not affect those who have re-installed their client since Patch 2.5 as well.

If you encounter this issue, we ask you to check the keybind settings under System > Keybind > Movement tab > Flight/Diving - Descend. If you don't see any keybind set, please set it to either the default Ctrl+Space bar, or click on the "Default" button on the bottom left of the window to revert to the original keybind settings. [Note that this will default all of the keybind settings!]

The development team is currently looking into fixing this issue; however, we're making sure that it won't affect those who already reassigned their keys, or have other keys assigned on their keybind, and only fix those that were affected by this issue.

We require some time to look into a feature which changes the configuration file; therefore, once we can determine the timing for this fix, we'll follow up via announcement. We apologize for the inconvenience, but for the time being, we ask you to use the above mentioned workaround. Thank you.
    (2)
    Tony "Zhexos" Caraway - Community Team

Player
    Character
    Saito Hajime'
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhexos View Post
    Greetings,

Please let me share an update from the User Interface Lead Minagawa in regards to the cause and solution for others that may be affected by the issue.
    how about replying to this http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...fter-relogging
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Makani Risvertasashi
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhexos View Post
    Greetings,

This isn't the first time new functionality had lacked a keybind for those of us with old saves, though it's one of the more high profile ones. It would also be nice if there was a way to revert all unbound functions to default, without resetting custom keybinds to default.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Hezkezl Mewrilah
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by SaitoHajime View Post
    If he has information to share about that issue, he'd share it.
    (1)
    Yoshi /facepalm!

Player
    Character
    Vulpes Moon
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by starLivitation View Post
    nevermind, my keybind for some reason was empty for dive decent.
    Yeah i've seen a lot of people have this issue. some had theirs set to shift+space by default too. weird times
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Monky Monk
    World
    Spriggan
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 67

Contuing problem diving

Hi,
    I have one character on the light side server that can dive.
    I also have a character on the chaos server that can not dive. It only jumps whatever keybinding I use. Obviously I tried the default Ctrl + spacebar but also other keys.
    Not sure how to solve that characters problem.
    Not sure if there is maybe a way to delete some cache files that will be rebuilt when starting the game and that can solve it?
    Any ideas would be appreciated
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast