Player
    Character
    Rai Nagisei
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Waltz_Beat View Post
    Just a minor thing, is anyone else bothered by the fact that the CD for draw isn't on the gauge itself? It seems like such a vital role and IMO would make the gauge actually useful, because then I can have a condensed 60% UI showing me the draw CD, and all my cards at once.

I just want more numbers. If you're gonna throw a job UI on me then it better tell me everything I need to know about my card buffs: When is draw off CD, when is time dilation off CD, when is my CO off CD? Because at the moment it's just 90% wasted space for a royal road gauge.

I currently only used the gauge for checking what Royal Road I have. I can see my drawn card via the ability and the spread card via spread. Its literally the only purpose the gauge has right now because they haven't given use the option to use the buffs instead.
    That's my biggest gripe so far.

I've mitigated it right now by rearranging a hot bar and using it as my CD bar so I can look at it and know what's on CD and what's not.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zora Link
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by LegoTechnic View Post
    I actually don't mind the aetherflow stack gauge missing because I assume this means MNKs can no longer punch them off me in PVP.
    If they wanted things like this, or preventing us from clicking off Royal Road, they could easily have had the buffs function like Diurnal/noct Sect do, or how Cleric Stance used to work, in that it's a buff you can't click off.

There's literally no reason to not have had the option to still retain them as showing on your buff bar.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Wyatt Shalott
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 80
    all of those are problems and id add that we can no longer click off our saved rr cards. so youre stuck replacing it or dealing with what youve saved. personally i like the way it looks but its sort of a change i didnt want or need and would be happy going back
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tani Shirai
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    I'd be fine with it... if I could turn it off and have my status effects back, along with those of my party that are now hidden.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Cidel Paratonnerre
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxas_Andrade View Post
    Secondly, the Arcana Gauge doesn't allow us to see our own cards as status, neither the other ASTs' as well. This is a bad thing, because in a party with two ASTs, we need to see what the other guy have so we won't rush into his plans (like when someone throws an AoE balance and we replace it with an AoE arrow one second later...)
    Quote Originally Posted by Faelan View Post
    1. Cannot see other AST's cards. Even if I set up macros in order to coordinate, it just makes things more cumbersome.
    Chiming-in here to bring more attention to this problem. I used to loath being paired with another AST due to needing to not step on eachother's toes. Now I straight-up hate having another AST co-healer because we are both in the dark without having to waste macro space/ use voice chat because we no longer can see what the other AST has on their spread.

Really requesting a community rep to relay this to the devs.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Song Sparrow
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    After having finally gotten a chance to USE the gauge...

Overall, I like the design. Having the cards be laid out in front of me both feels better aesthetically (we have an actual spread now) and makes it easier to see, as opposed to the small buff icons. It needs some polishing though.

1.) Biggest thing, as others mentioned, we need to be able to see other AST's Spread/Draw/RR buffs.

2.) It would be nice to have the CD timer for Draw on the gauge, but I can probably live without this; I don't think any other job has their cooldown timers on the gauge and things like Celestial Opposition or Time Dilation are not exclusively used in relation to cards. The gauge is meant to show the most pertinent information to unique class mechanics, not everything, and really only the CD on Draw/Shuffle/Spread is the most important thing we have in relation to our cards.

3.) Would like the Earthly Star timer on the gauge. I'm stuck looking at my buffs again so I know when the ten seconds is up.

4.) Royal Road indicator could use some polishing; it is a bit small and could be slightly bigger. The icons for AoE and Extended make sense, but Enhanced should just be a plus sign instead of the two little stars. The numbers also seem kind of...weird? Like it just feels odd for Extended to say "200%" - even if that is technically what it does in the end, it's not really an apt description for what Extended does, which is make the card longer. The text, honestly, is probably unnecessary in general.
    (0)
    Last edited by Elamys; 06-19-2017 at 06:29 PM.

cerise leclaire
    (bad omnicrafter & terrible astrologian)

Player
    Character
    Crucius Lapin
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70
    I absolutely love the new arcana gauge. It is beautifully stunning. It took me some time to realize which royal road icons mean what and now I can spot it easily, just as easily as before. I see no problems with it.

The only issue I have , along with many others in this thread, is that I can't see what cards the other AST in my party has so it is harder to plan ahead and in AST we are always planning ahead.

Besides that, I love the changes and Earthly Star is the most beautiful spell I've ever seen and I spam it every minute.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zaj Quilos
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 60
    Quickly got used to the gauge and love it but just want to see my party members cards. I am guessing they don't want us clicking off the royal road effect in keeping with the point of the ability and the lore of the class? I am fine with that.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Wyatt Shalott
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 80
    like someone mentioned adding a timer for when draw is available would make it even more useful
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Chione Tilaeris
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 80
    Having done my first 4-man with AST, I gotta say I really, really miss the status icons. They were clickable, and could be seen whether my focus was on the party list or the combat, and so I was able to react to everything going on without needing to divert my attention. Now I have to glance at the gauge for a tiny, oddly worded RR indicator. And no matter where I put it, it's either too far out of the way, or too much in the way of other things. Doom.

Honestly I think these gauges would have been better introduced as hotbar skins or something to frame our other UI elements and give it a bit of job flavor. They're pretty, but I really don't care for any of the (dis?)functionality I've seen from them so far. ^^;
    (1)
    "Be EXCELLENT to each other!" ~ Bill S. Preston Esq.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast