Player
    Character
    Ravenox Crowley
    World
    Kujata
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 53

Is Tonberry the "Only" English speaking Japanese server?

Hi All,

Currently we are a group of 5 friends from South East Asia, we just started to be a full subscriber. Like the others from SEA and Oceanic Area, we've been told that Tonberry is the best place for English Speaking server in Japan Data Center.

However my friends complained regarding the long queue line and ask me to create new character on Kujata Server, He said let's play in growing server, especially Kujata has experience boost to attract new player.

My questions is:
    Should we keep our cool and just be patient with the queue line in Tonberry to have a great experience as an English-speaking group?
    Or should I obey my friend's recommendation to move into Kujata, with my personal concern, that we will have a hard time communicating in raid or dungeon runs later?

Thank you so much guys for any recommendation that you may offer
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Y'kayah Tia
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 50
    I'm not in that part of the world and cannot suggest what other servers might be good for you. But a couple things to consider:

1) The queues to get in right now are due to the huge surge in players trying to get on during the first day of early access for the new expansion. Once the brand new excitement wears off, and traffic volumes go back to normal, login queues should rarely happen, and be quite short if they ever do. So that's mostly a temporary problem. Language barriers, on the other hand, aren't likely to go away unless you plan on learning Japanese.

2) The game's Duty Finder pulls in players from all worlds on the data center. So if you queue for random groups, it's the same pool of players whether you're coming from Tonberry or Kujata, as they're both in the Elemental data center. It's just people you get together with in the open world where your server choice deterines who you'll see.

For finding or making an English speaking Free Company and linkshells, or parties for open world content, being on a server with plenty of other English speakers would make it easier. (Now that Party Finder allows you to put together pre-formed groups from across the data center, that should make pre-formed parties easier if they're for dungeon content. It's just open world things like FATE or hunt parties where that won't work.)
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Leon Reddas
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 77
    I was on Tonberry very briefly over a year ago, and yeah this world and the data centre as a whole is quite popular with English speakers, in particular Australians and other nearby Oceanics.

I'd recommend deciding with all your friends where you actually want to be, whether it's on Tonberry or Kujata. The duties are shared on the data centre so it wouldn't matter where your are, but if there are things you do outside of duties such as fates, crafting/gathering, role play, casual exploring etc then you might want people to enjoy it with; cue your friends. Definitely it's better to enjoy the game with others, so go with whatever feels right.

On a side note, Kujata is down as a preferred world to transfer to at the moment so there are perks if you decide to go there.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Renard Lefeuvre
    World
    Yojimbo
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 90
    Your friend is being smart; Kujata will be mostly free of queues and come with extra benefits, while still having full access to the Tonberry community in Party Finder and random instanced content. I've not played on that server group myself but given how big the SEA community on Tonberry is, you'll probably be able to find English groups quite easily and there's less and less to do outside of instances all the time. You can even join a raid group on Tonberry and get together using Party Finder if the English community on Kujata is quiet, and they've mentioned wanting to expand cross-world activities more and more.

Being on a small server is brilliant. No queues to log on, ever, and no fierce competition for resources. You will be able to buy a house in game and settle in comfortably.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ravenox Crowley
    World
    Kujata
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 53
    Hi all,
    Thank you for the Insight, It's enlightening to know that the party finder is shared between world on the same data center. so yeah... Choosing Kujata as our server is definitely the better decision. While exploring maybe kinda feel less crowded than that in Tonberry, but you won't find any trouble finding the guildhests party and if you have friends that stay online together, everything is much more enjoyable.
    Although since right now they have some kind of exp boost for Kujata server, my characters overlevel the quest content (I'm level 28 who still do level 15 main scenario quests) Since i grabbed almost all of the side quests.

I hope other English-speaking players are not just concentrated on Tonberry and enjoy the benefit of "more quiet" server.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lucky Boomer
    World
    Kujata
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 61
    I just started 3 weeks ago and am planning to transfer to Kujata from Tonberry. What's your character name in Kujata? I wanna join too! I am still waiting for this weekend to see if the queue is still bad before making the jump though.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Vineas Hillis
    World
    Kujata
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70
    Hei Rasasungkan, can you update how the condition at Kujata?? I'm an SEA player but playing in EU server, I want to move to JP server but don't know which one to choose since Tonberry is congested.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Helaena Hawke
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 70

Phoenix Rising

Quote Originally Posted by Vineas View Post
    Hei Rasasungkan, can you update how the condition at Kujata?? I'm an SEA player but playing in EU server, I want to move to JP server but don't know which one to choose since Tonberry is congested.
    Hey there!
    I am currently an officer of the Phoenix Rising <Rise> FC on Kujata. Since the new expansion, Kujata has grown in the Egnlish community and is now known as the "New Tonberry".

I too transferred from an EU server to Kujata and have not yet regretted it. Our FC is really friendly and if you are going to transfer over, send in an application, or send a tell to me in game @Helaena Hawke.

Hope to see you in game
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Oniichan Oniichan
    World
    Kujata
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 52
    Mmmm kujata sound great Japanese server..now that I'm more than fed up with anima server .. i think seriously to move to kujata server..thx for the topic and all the replays..Mata Ne :*
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Qiina Molkot
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 70
    Hi, is kujata still the go to server for SEA player? any update news on this topic? recently i went back to my home country from USA.
    now looking for japanese server with english community to play in since the PING is really bad when playing in US server from my region.
    (0)