World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 38

Enhanced Enfeebling Magic Trait

According to the 1.20 Patch Notes, Thaumaturge is to get:
    • Level 12 - Enhanced Enfeebling Magic
    • Level 32 - Enhanced Enfeebling Magic II
    My question is, exactly what enfeebling magic is being enhanced? Thaumaturge only gets (1) enfeebling spell ... that is Sleep at level 42. So these two traits are of no benefit at all until you get to level 42, no?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Klynwilf Spellrifter
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    Ice magic debuffs and sleep spells.
    (0)
    Forum Lurker Extraordinaire.
    Like a good stalker, I'm always there.

Player
    Character
    Isagael Rose
    World
    Sagittarius
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorel View Post
    According to the 1.20 Patch Notes, Thaumaturge is to get:
    • Level 12 - Enhanced Enfeebling Magic
    • Level 32 - Enhanced Enfeebling Magic II
    My question is, exactly what enfeebling magic is being enhanced? Thaumaturge only gets (1) enfeebling spell ... that is Sleep at level 42. So these two traits are of no benefit at all until you get to level 42, no?
    It'll help proc. the secondary effects of any of your DD spells more.
    example: Thundara- deals lightning damage. Chance to inflict Stun. The stun is influenced by your enfeebling skill.

It'll keep a mob slept longer or be the difference between landing or not landing sleep on a tough mob.

Also, it's probably a more critical skill in the future development plan of the game. I get that you're probably just thinking it's semi-lame to 'waste' 2 trait slots on Enfeebling Enhancements now when the game doesn't really have pure Enfeebling magic. This argument has merit of course...that being said Stun,Sleep and Bind are all wonderful crowd control/aoe canceling Godsends that when well timed/landed can make a parties battle all the better.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Sorel Evans
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 38
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinseykinz View Post
    It'll help proc. the secondary effects of any of your DD spells more.
    example: Thundara- deals lightning damage. Chance to inflict Stun. The stun is influenced by your enfeebling skill.

It'll keep a mob slept longer or be the difference between landing or not landing sleep on a tough mob.

Also, it's probably a more critical skill in the future development plan of the game. I get that you're probably just thinking it's semi-lame to 'waste' 2 trait slots on Enfeebling Enhancements now when the game doesn't really have pure Enfeebling magic. This argument has merit of course...that being said Stun,Sleep and Bind are all wonderful crowd control/aoe canceling Godsends that when well timed/landed can make a parties battle all the better.
    Well, here's the thing. All the Thaumaturge spells that have a chance of having a secondary enfeebling effect are exclusive. No one other than Thaumaturge can cast:
    • Blizzard (Heavy Effect)
    • Thundara (Stun Effect)
    • Blizzara (Bind Effect)
    • Sleep
    So why also have (2) Thaumaturge exclusive traits to make the enfeebling proc with greater effect? No one can cast those spells at a weaker proc rate because their exclusive to Thaumaturge. Why not just make them proc better to begin with and free up those two trait slots for something else??
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sephrick Markarius
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Klive View Post
    Ice magic debuffs and sleep spells.
    Devs haven't said anything about it helping proc debuffs on combos or additional effects.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Klynwilf Spellrifter
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephrick View Post
    Devs haven't said anything about it helping proc debuffs on combos or additional effects.
    So two of our traits are for one sleep spell, makes prefect sense. The debuffs from spells would not be affected enfeebling magic due to they do damage as well. No way they the damage portion could be affect by magic potency and the debuff portion could be affected by enfeebling. Nope, a spell can only be affected by one potency stat.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Isagael Rose
    World
    Sagittarius
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorel View Post
    So why also have (2) Thaumaturge exclusive traits to make the enfeebling proc with greater effect? No one can cast those spells at a weaker proc rate because their exclusive to Thaumaturge. Why not just make them proc better to begin with and free up those two trait slots for something else??
    Because we won't be level 50 forever and one day THM might get more spells that are enfeebles. Again, I get it kinda eats up room now, but I'm sure it has a plan. Also these 2 abilities allow THM's to focus their gear sets and stats more on Magic Potency and Attack and then use these abilities to boost up the few enfeebles they do have. This way you don't have to waste stats on enfeebling to land sleep for example.

But that being said, Sleep is a VERY important spell to land if you need to use it. As are the debuffs associated with your spells.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Shayla Asiaine
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 50
    I think there may be more going on here than we can immediately see.
    After all, the enfeebling skills (Dia, Gravity, Bio, Paralyze, etc) have also been 'ReMoveD' from access by any class. In combination with the suggestion of how you can have a specific Job based off your class (THM -> BLM, or CNJ -> WHM), I am wondering if something is afoot in the future.

Perhaps if you are high enough level in THM/BLM & CNJ/WHM you can unlock another job that has access to these enfeebling skills? Or perhaps they are part of BLM or WHM? Or perhaps something else.. I know not, but I suspect they are being 'Reserved for Future Use'. And having those traits in now is for future planning (as opposed to putting something else in there now, and removing it out in a few months or so)?

It would be nice if 'they' at least said something along the lines of: Enfeebling skills such as 'Dia, Bio, etc' to be made available in an upcomming release.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Umo Heima
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    I'm with Kynseykinz on this matter.
    On a side note, don't forget that we'll still be able to set cross-classes skills up. To be more concrete, I'm referring to Conjurer's spells Stone (Chance to inflict Evasion Down) and Aero (Chance to inflict bleed effect); they are enfeeblings effects, aren't they?
    (2)
    English is not my mother language. I'm trying to do my best, so please don't be rude...

¡Únete a la Comunidad en español de FFXIV en MeWe!
    https://mewe.com/join/ffxivesp

Player
    Character
    Klynwilf Spellrifter
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukkirii View Post
    The "Enhanced Enfeebling Magic" trait will indeed affect the enfeebling effects associated with debuffs caused by the newly adjusted spells such as the "Heavy" effect from Blizzard, "Bleed" effect from Aero, and so on.

The enfeebling effects will be affected in the following ways:
    • Enfeebling effect resistance
    • "Bleed" effect potency
    In regards to the actions (like weapon skills) that have enfeebling-related effects, there is a "resist" check against your enhanced enfeebling magic, but since you receive a bonus from this, we made adjustments that allow you to land enfeebling effects even if your base enhanced enfeebling magic is low.

We'll continue to look into adjustments for the fact that there is a resist check with enhanced enfeebling magic and not magical accuracy, and its influences on effect potency and effect duration on things other than Bleed.
    Just thought you all should know.
    (3)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast