Player
    Character
    Kellach Woods
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by SicariusSeven View Post
    I am still shocked that SE is surprised at all of this. Did they not learn from Heavensward? Sure Heavensward you could do the MSQ but they still had the problem of so many people flooding the servers and getting errors.
    Not to be contrarian, but the HW issue was different - in HW there were some people (like me!) who couldn't log in AT ALL. Queues just weren't happening. That's why you get people who say HW launched fine and others who say HW was a pile of cactuar droppings.

Here, this issue could have been avoided at the design level (allow access to more areas beyond that quest so that at least there's getting aether currents, etc. while people wait) and when they moved the Data Center, where they could have added additional hardware.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Leyna Crosse
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Well I think Goblin crashed...
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kranian Sorvanov
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    Creeping up on almost 24 hours and it's still broke...
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Arle Egress
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Madamepancake View Post
    Creeping up on almost 24 hours and it's still broke...
    Makes me sad. I was hoping to wake up to some kind of hot fix.... I understand they informed us they're looking for a better resolution. But its so frustrating... Almost 24 hours... come on..
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hundred View Post
    These forums are so melodramatic I feel like I'm watching a latin soap opera.
    Any moment now it will be revealed that WHM is cheating on SCH with MNK after having had DRG's baby and DRG is WHM's cousin who is already married to PLD.

Player
    Character
    Xoria Tepes
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Had that one burst of people getting in at 8:00PM EST and then nothing again since. The NPC with another individual instance after this quest is utterly deserted on Cactuar in all three zones. Why isn't this quest prioritized yet? Supposedly, the JP servers already had this issue fixed.
    (1)
    9.23.2019 [11:15 p.m.]Total Play Time: 1552 days, 0 hours, 0 minutes - You'll be hard-pressed to find a more cynical person than me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Odstarva View Post
    You people are never happy.
    [...] You complain and complain and complain.

Player
    Character
    Arle Egress
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by JunseiKei View Post
    Had that one burst of people getting in at 8:00PM EST and then nothing again since. The NPC with another individual instance after this quest is utterly deserted on Cactuar in all three zones. Why isn't this quest prioritized yet? Supposedly, the JP servers already had this issue fixed.
    Good to know they don't seem to care at all about NA and ( I'm assuming EU as well )
    (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hundred View Post
    These forums are so melodramatic I feel like I'm watching a latin soap opera.
    Any moment now it will be revealed that WHM is cheating on SCH with MNK after having had DRG's baby and DRG is WHM's cousin who is already married to PLD.

Player
    Character
    Xoria Tepes
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Youkulm View Post
    Good to know they don't seem to care at all about NA and ( I'm assuming EU as well )
    Saw some people from Odin complaining about it too, so assuming it's being experienced there as well.
    (2)
    9.23.2019 [11:15 p.m.]Total Play Time: 1552 days, 0 hours, 0 minutes - You'll be hard-pressed to find a more cynical person than me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Odstarva View Post
    You people are never happy.
    [...] You complain and complain and complain.

Player
    Character
    Nenemi Nemi
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 40
    Quote Originally Posted by JunseiKei View Post
    Had that one burst of people getting in at 8:00PM EST and then nothing again since.
    It's looks like they removed the forced limit they had on the instances at that time, it caused some stability issues and then they put it back to what it was where basically no one can advance and they are happy to leave it that way.
    (1)

There were two updates from Yoshida last night, who is working around the clock with the development team to address the issues at hand. You can also find the updates here and here on the Lodestone. I'll quote both of the updates in this and the following reply.

FFXIV Producer and Director Yoshida here.

I would like to explain the current congestion issue regarding instanced battle content, including the Stormblood main scenario quest “Best Served with Cold Steel,” due to the Duty Finder crashes at the start of early access.

As announced earlier, there are a huge number of players currently playing Stormblood, and as a result, the servers continue to experience a large amount of stress. For this reason, we are currently limiting the number of players that can enter instanced content so that it does not lead to major server crashes.

However, this has caused massive congestion to enter instanced content and I would like to sincerely apologise for this.

If you are unable to enter instanced battle content, we ask you to please wait and try again at a later time. We understand that this unfairly places the burden on our players, but we require more time until the issue can be resolved. We continue to work on measures to address this issue and will follow up once we have an update.

Again, we sincerely apologise for this level of congestion occurring during early access when many of our players are the most excited to play.

Everyone on the team will continue to put in our full effort to ensure an enjoyable gaming experience, and I would like to thank you for your continued support.
    (7)
    Daniela "lakukisu" Wnuk - EU Community Team

The second update from Yoshida. It can also be found here.

FFXIV Producer and Director Yoshida here.

This is a follow-up regarding difficulty in accessing certain instanced battle content.

The development team has changed the process for dealing with this issue so that as many players as possible can be moved to instanced areas for certain main quests and instanced battles.

As a result, players have become able to transition to instanced areas faster than originally estimated, but at the same time, players are now gathering at certain areas in large numbers, and this is causing the servers go down on some Worlds as a result.

Currently, the development team is making detailed adjustments by adjusting the speed at which players are transferred to instances on each World so that areas do not continue to go down and to ensure that all players can continue to play as comfortably as possible.

Although these measures were taken to help alleviate the difficulty in transitioning to instances, we apologise about zones going down as a result.

Congestion in the “Rhalgr's Reach” area is especially intense, so to prevent zones from continuously going down, we are carefully controlling the logins to each World and transitions to the Rhalgr's Reach zone. Due to this, it will take some time to log into any of the Worlds.

Everyone on the team will continue to put in our full effort to ensure everyone can enjoy early access.
    (9)
    Daniela "lakukisu" Wnuk - EU Community Team

Page 34 of 93 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 84 ... LastLast