World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70

Lock-on toggle issue.

Time: Today.
    Frequency: Always.
    World name: Odin.

Can't lock-on when cross-hotbar is active. Wasn't like this before 4.0 and disrupts flow of gameplay as I'd toggle in and out of lock-on while continuing to use the cross-hotbar. Have to toggle outside of using cross-hotbar.

Can just not use the cross-hotbar to exit lock-on, but during which I'm not using skills, etc - and this wasn't like it before so I can only assume it's a bug or an unwanted and unnecessary change. Either that or I stay locked-on and slow backwalk and get hit.

Please adjust to how it was.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Henry Jekyll
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    I can confirm that controller is unable to toggle lock-on with the cross-hotbar active. This was not pre-4.0 behavior.
    (2)

I'd like to share a comment from User Interface Lead Minagawa explaining the reason that target lock isn't functioning while the cross hotbar is active.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiroshi_Minagawa View Post
    Greetings, everyone. User Interface Lead Minagawa here.

The reason why Target Lock isn't working while the cross hotbar is active is because we assigned a new control feature called "Duty Action" to the L3/R3 button.

We apologize for taking time to update you on this.

This is working as intended and not a bug. However, since it was a change made to the feature, it was something that should have been announced in the Patch Notes but was missed. When we were creating the patch notes, we were addressing an issue with the Duty Action with the L3/R3 button, which caused it to not make it into the notes.

Would it be possible to make it so you can still lock on a target while the cross hotbar is active?

We're currently looking into this with the programmers, but we're having trouble getting the new control and old control working at the same time. We're looking to see if it's possible to revert the controls to the older method when the Duty Action is not available. However, since we have various control options available on the hotbar the system is pretty complex, therefore it is difficult to add a process which checks for this condition. For this reason, we're sorry but won't be able to fix this issue quickly.

We continue to work with our teams to look into other methods, such as making it so that the Duty Action can be registered onto the hotbar and add an option to revert back to the previous L3/R3 behavior to resolve this issue.
    (1)
    Tony "Zhexos" Caraway - Community Team

Player
    Character
    Eilam Frago
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    Man, I thought I was going crazy! Glad to see I wasn't just misremembering how the target lock functioned. It's been a year since I played but I felt the difference immediately when I did my first dungeon run and had so much trouble with targeting that I've never had in the past.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    I thought I was going insane. It's very frustrating and has led to a few deaths. Now I'm getting used to just never locking on.

What the hell is Duty Action anyway?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Gwaeryn Wenyan
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    This is super annoying. But, target lock is L3 and duty action is R3 (at least for me), how are the two even related?
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Qt Melon
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnycbad View Post
    I thought I was going insane. It's very frustrating and has led to a few deaths. Now I'm getting used to just never locking on.

What the hell is Duty Action anyway?
    Certain fights you'll see a button pop on your screen, sort of like how a 'pet hotbar' would float. That is the "Duty Action" icon they're referring to.

On a related note, is this also effecting the L3 button, because there are times I cannot dismount and would have to deselect a target at times to be able to dismount from riding
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kahl Lionheart
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 60
    This is super annoying and needs a fix asap. Even the ability to customize where this new feature goes would be great. Wouldn't mind putting it as R2+Touch Pad so I can make my L3 lock on work again, or let me take off my autorun for lock on.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Mugetsu Okami
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    At the moment, you have to press either L2+R3 or R2+R3 for the Duty Action. Why not just make Duty Action use L2+R2+R3? I can't imagine this would be harder to code than the expanded crosshotbar function we currently have. (L2+R2 Bringing up an additional crosshotbar) This also allows for the expansion of additional functions such as L2+R2+L3 for any future items such as the Duty Action.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Y'kayah Tia
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by QT_Melon View Post
    On a related note, is this also effecting the L3 button, because there are times I cannot dismount and would have to deselect a target at times to be able to dismount from riding
    That's the part I've been annoyed by.
    (1)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast