Thread: PS4 text size

Character
    Lexia Lightress
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwashi View Post
    It's ridiculous to have to track down obscure hidden features like turn on mouse mode then hold R2 while pressing L2 as well (which you don't do anywhere else and isn't documented) to bring up a hidden menu. You clearly added a resize feature to the dialog box. Why hide it like that, when we have a whole HUD Layout section specifically for doing such things?
    Don't have to turn on mouse mode unless not using a regular mouse. IMO I don't know why anyone would not want to have a mouse connected as I find it a pain to navigate menus with the controller.
    (0)

We apologize for the frustration regarding the updated display settings on PS4. We'd like to share an update from User Interface Lead Minagawa on the issue, the team's plans to address the issue, and measures you can currently take.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiroshi_Minagawa View Post
    Greetings, everyone. User Interface Lead Minagawa here.

We're currently experiencing an issue where players aren't able to set the UI display size to what they used previously due to major changes made to process the UI size for the PlayStation®4 version. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this is causing. On behalf of my team, please let me explain the situation and measures we're currently looking into.

Cause of the issue
    Up until now, the PlayStation®4 version had two display quality modes, Standard and Maximum Display Settings; however, the resolution which was available on the Standard Display Settings became unavailable on the PlayStation®4 version, and in order to address higher HD resolutions for the PlayStation®4 Pro, we made major changes to the foundation for the system which adjusts the UI display size. When we made this change, in order to reproduce the existing display size, we placed measures on each UI element, but due to an error, it caused an issue wherein some of the UI elements are not being displayed the same size as before.

Measures moving forward
    Currently, we're looking into measures to be able to display the same UI size as before as quickly as possible. We'll follow-up on this once we can confirm when this can be addressed. We'll also update you all in case the investigation may take a bit longer.

How to address the issue
    Currently, the main menu, and NPC dialogue boxes are being displayed in a smaller size. If you would like to increase the size, please change the display size under the System Configuration > Display Settings > User Interface Size to 150%.

With this setting, other windows will be displayed at 150% size; therefore, please change the Default UI Size > Default Size to 100% or any other size you prefer.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PS4_SysConfig_DisplaySettings_500x393.jpg
Views:	541
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	4256

The issue with this setting is that the name plates will also be displayed at the 150% size. As mentioned earlier, we're currently looking into measures to address this issue, so we ask for your patience.

Again, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. We'll follow up once we have an update.
    (15)
    Tony "Zhexos" Caraway - Community Team

Player
    Character
    Diantha Sunstone
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    The mouse mode trick works, but one you click the R2 button to grab the dialogue box, you cannot release it while you navigate the menu. You have have it continually pressed down. It's weird, but I was able to keep everything at the 100% mark while blowing up the dialogue box to a comfortable 140%.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Y'kayah Tia
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhexos View Post
    Currently, we're looking into measures to be able to display the same UI size as before as quickly as possible.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhexos View Post
    The issue with this setting is that the name plates will also be displayed at the 150% size. As mentioned earlier, we're currently looking into measures to address this issue, so we ask for your patience.
    That's only one of the issues with that setting. It's not just the name plates that end up huge. It's everything. You have to completely redo your entire HUD if you change that. (And then presumably redo it yet again once the issue is fixed.) The name plates just stand out as the worst of the problem because it's something you cannot adjust back down through HUD Layout or a window resize.

It's why I prefer just resizing the dialog box up and putting up with the tiny main menu until the fix is in place. So suggesting that (and explaining the rather obscure way to do it) as an alternative way to address the problem in the meantime might have been useful.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Y'kayah Tia
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 50
    It seems the "Scale Window" option on the dialog box only works for the duration of one login session. Please save that info with the rest of our HUD settings so we don't have to re-do it every time we log in.

Besides the dialog box and main menu, notification text (like retainer sales or gathering results) that shows up in the center of the screen is also much smaller than before. Personally, I rather like that part of the change, since it was rather large and in the way before, but there's probably people who don't. Now if only we could control its placement and get it off the center of the screen...
    (2)

Player

Just bring back the 'Full-HD' option, it was good. I never understand why devs do changes that mess up stuff even more. smh.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Fynlar Eira
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    For those having trouble with the simulated right click be sure to be talking with a npc. For some reason you can't access the right click menù if you're into a cutscene of a main quest
    Well, there was my problem.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lunar Emerald
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    Sounds like nobody bothered to beta test the PS4 version. That's the only explanation how something like this got past QA.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Taryn Holigard
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwashi View Post
    It seems the "Scale Window" option on the dialog box only works for the duration of one login session. Please save that info with the rest of our HUD settings so we don't have to re-do it every time we log in.
    This. So much. I've actually got the UI looking pretty close to what it was, except the dialog box and options menu. The only one that bothers me really is the dialog box, having to reset it every time. Plus finding an NPC that talks long enough to change the settings.
    (1)
    I used to be an adventurer, but then my ping increased.

Player
    Character
    Gragan Tia
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 61
    Yeah having the scale window settings for each window carry over each log in would be a start, its a temporary work around for the moment at best, annoying having to do it every log in. I hope this is fixed soon, Someone in the QA team really dropped the ball, did literally no-one test it on a standard ps4?
    (0)

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast