Thread: PS4 text size

Player
    Character
    Red Cork
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 70
    Be careful, as you may inadvertently summon the UI Primal.
    (0)
    "Fun comes first. If it isn't fun, you're doing it wrong." -Naoki Yoshida

Player
    Character
    Pirorum Kyodai
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 80
    Why cant we alter the msq text dialogue like any ui that we can customize?! Making 150% ui scaling will also affect the display name... Sometime the name of the mob long that covers the mob itself; actually im hitting its name rather than the mob itself ;/
    (0)
    Last edited by Armoota; 06-26-2017 at 05:07 AM.

Player
    Character
    Almasy Namingway
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 48
    Any new updates here? I can't take these giant name plates for much longer, they are killing my eyes and, more importantly, making playing any dungeon or content over 4 players an absolute nightmare since you cannot track or tell what the heck is going on.

Really hoping this gets fixed soon, it's really starting to hamper my time with the game.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Mazzy Star
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 16
    nOTHING yet huh
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Y'kayah Tia
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Armoota View Post
    Making 150% ui scaling will also affect the display name... Sometime the name of the mob long that covers the mob itself;
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin_Unsent View Post
    I can't take these giant name plates for much longer, they are killing my eyes and, more importantly, making playing any dungeon or content over 4 players an absolute nightmare since you cannot track or tell what the heck is going on.
    I, too, am hoping for a real fix soon. But in the meantime, if you don't like the 150% UI workaround, there's an alternative workaround leaving the UI at its usual 100% and just scaling up the NPC dialog box window. (Which I really wish they would just put in the "HUD Layout" settings where it belongs.)

Two drawbacks to this workaround: It only works for the duration of a single session, so has to be repeated each time you log in. And it only scales up the dialog box, leaving the main menu pretty tiny. But for some, those drawbacks are less problematic than the drawbacks of the 150% UI.

Here's an excessively detailed description of how to change the PS4 dialog box size with a controller:
    1. Go to an NPC and initiate dialog.
    2. Press L1+R3 to turn on "mouse mode".
    3. Use the right analog stick to move the mouse cursor over the dialog box.
    4. Press and hold R2 (keeping it held down until step 10). This should bring up a context menu.
    5. Using the right analog stick, put the mouse cursor over the "Scale Window" option of the context menu (if it isn't there already).
    6. Press L2 to bring up a second menu of available sizes.
    7. Use the right analog stick to move the cursor over the size you want. (140% will put it back where it had been before Stormblood.)
    8. Press L2 to select and change the size.
    9. If you're interested in what the NPC is saying, read it now because the next step will advance the dialog.
    10. Here's where you can finally release R2. The dialog will advance.
    11. Press L1+R3 to turn "mouse mode" back off.
    And repeat that each time you login, because it's not saved between sessions.

p.s. It's not as complicated as that looks. It only came out to eleven steps because I was going into minute details for the benefit of anyone unfamiliar with how the controller's mouse mode works on a PS4. All that basically comes down to: right click on the dialog box, select "Scale Window" and a percentage.
    (2)
    Last edited by Niwashi; 06-28-2017 at 01:58 AM.

Player
    Character
    Diantha Sunstone
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    I was helping people in shout chat in the reach last night trying to fix it.

My hope is that this is part of the next patch simce we'be not gotten any hotfixes since the Dev team response.

I've managed to adjust to the smaller font.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Almasy Namingway
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 48
    Quote Originally Posted by Ametrine View Post
    I was helping people in shout chat in the reach last night trying to fix it.

My hope is that this is part of the next patch simce we'be not gotten any hotfixes since the Dev team response.

I've managed to adjust to the smaller font.
    I commend your ability to do so

Really completely unacceptable on all levels though if they wait until the next patch to address this. It's already gone on for far too long, this should not be as difficult as a fix as they are making it seem to be (I work in an executive level IT position with a large global company, so I know what I'm talking about here) and it is alienating a LOT of people out there and making the game unplayable for a ton of content.

Not continuing to provide updates on their testing is frustrating as well - feel like we PS4 users are dangling in the wind here.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jordan O'niell
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Looks like they fixed this issue. I will not be able to test this until tonight. Can anyone confirm the fix is working correct?

4.01 Patch Notes

(0)

Player
    Character
    Eilam Frago
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    I don't think this addressed everything in the UI. Certain things are still extremely tiny, for example, if you go to close the chat log window, "Hide Log Window" appears ant-sized. I think it was shrunk even more than it was before.

Like seriously, look how small that is. That's with the Enlarge System UI option enabled in System Config.

EDIT: It seems I was able to correct the size of the highlighted boxes in my images by enabling mouse mode and pressing R3 until it adjusted to 140%. Not sure WHY it shrunk in the first place though. Weird.
    (0)
    Last edited by Motorball; 07-13-2017 at 02:06 PM.

Player
    Character
    Sei'na Jynn-sai
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 80

Fix it please.
    (0)

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast