Player
    Character
    Caimie Tsukino
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90

Observe now 7 CP??!!

Wait a min! 7 CP for Observe? As we discussed this before, doesn't this means that we can keep using Comfort Zone and SPAM Observe to gain more CP???

CZ (-66), then every step we gain 8CP but loses only 7CP if we use Observe, and occasionally we take Tricks of Trades... Basically, we can do this forever, right?!?!
    (0)

“The best crafter is not the one with the best stats, but the one who makes the best use of one’s stats” – By Caimie Tsukino

Player
    Character
    Alduin Mik'tala
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    Doing easy math since you have to account for the inital cost... you would loose a total of 66-10((8-7)*10) meaning total cost is 56 cp just to wait for 10 steps. At the 25% proc of good we would get 2 procs (since you can't double proc) netting us each 27 cp. 27*2= 54 cp. RNG could bless you but it's a gamble
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Caimie Tsukino
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdyer View Post
    Doing easy math since you have to account for the inital cost... you would loose a total of 66-10((8-7)*10) meaning total cost is 56 cp just to wait for 10 steps. At the 25% proc of good we would get 2 procs (since you can't double proc) netting us each 27 cp. 27*2= 54 cp. RNG could bless you but it's a gamble
    Ah, you're right. Even if two Tricks appears, it's still a -2 CP loss :/
    (0)

“The best crafter is not the one with the best stats, but the one who makes the best use of one’s stats” – By Caimie Tsukino

Player
    Character
    Jordan O'niell
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    over 10 steps it will average -2 CP, over 20 steps it will average +16 because over 20 steps, that would 5 procs at 25%. So yes, we can very likely do indefinitely.

I would only consider using something like this when HT has a poor RNG run on the final product.
    (0)
    Last edited by ChameleonMS; 06-16-2017 at 02:30 AM.

Player
    Character
    Stouter Taru
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by ChameleonMS View Post
    I would only consider using something like this when HT has a poor RNG run on the final product.
    A couple new skills have a bonus (100% success) when used immediately after Observe
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Z'nnah Silverbane
    World
    Halicarnassus
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    over 10 steps it will average -2 CP, over 20 steps it will average +16 because over 20 steps, that would 5 procs at 25%. So yes, we can very likely do indefinitely.
    Unless I missed a change in the Patch Notes, the odds of a G/E proc are not 25%. It's more like 9% (L60 2-star) or 14% (L58) depending on the level of the recipe.
    See http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...ar-L60-recipes

So on average you'd get one ToT doing CZ+10xObs on an L60 2-star craft. If lucky, two.

In the former case, your spent net CP is 66(Cz) + 9x7 (9xObs) + 10x-8 (CZ rebates) + 1x-20 (ToTs) = 66+63-80-20 = 29 CP.

In the latter case, your spent net CP is 66(Cz) + 8x7 (8xObs) + 10x-8 (CZ rebates) + 2x-20 (ToTs) = 66+56-80-40 = 2 CP.

Not something you can maintain forever. But still, this change makes Observe useful, for the first time.
    (0)
    Last edited by Silverbane; 06-16-2017 at 03:11 AM.

Player
    Character
    Jordan O'niell
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by StouterTaru View Post
    A couple new skills have a bonus (100% success) when used immediately after Observe
    Really? I do not see that in the patch notes. Was it in the Live Letter or something else?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Shaartis Laggal
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 70
    Really? I do not see that in the patch notes. Was it in the Live Letter or something else?
    In reddit they've done (I don't know if I can get banned for using the word in this forum so I'm going to avoid it) suspicious stuff to get the information.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jordan O'niell
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverbane View Post
    Unless I missed a change in the Patch Notes, the odds of a G/E proc are not 25%. It's more like 9% (L60 2-star) or 14% (L58) depending on the level of the recipe.
    See http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...ar-L60-recipes
    Excellent resource, Thanks.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lebensohl Antilles
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 26
    Pretty sure Square fucked up. Observe was broken early in the game and had to be nerfed since it could generate infinite cp. It seems like something similar is going to happen

1. You get additional CP Back with Satisfaction. The Observe 'rotation' can be used as a good way to get durability back
    2. The observe 'rotation' can be used as a way to fish for an excellent for BB.
    3. The trait 'Quality Assurance' increases the chances of material condition being good
    4. Not exactly sure how it works, but the Skill 'Initial Preparations' could decrease the CP cost of both Observe and CZ
    (0)
    Last edited by Lebenoshl; 06-16-2017 at 03:54 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast