Thread: Maple hatchet

Player

Maple hatchet

Whats the deal with crafting always seeming to require other crafts to get the complete ingredients, for instance to make a low level Maple Hatchet I require maple, sure thats easy to get as a low level botanist, but it also requires linseed oil and through searching that requires flax with is level 18+ ingredient - am I missing something here ?

The game is excellent, but I am finding crafting pretty frustrating - also seems I need to use another 1 or 2 crafts to be able to make anything and searching for ingredients from other players baazars gives me headaches
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Eruantien Draugole
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 70
    I think you are looking at the old recipes, the new recipes for hatchets are all blacksmithing, the low level one is Bronze Hatchet, and requires 1 bronze ingot and a maple lumber
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Medura Bloodspiller
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    uhm, maple hatchet, does that really exist?
    Also, you sure it isnt dated?

edit:
    posted 2 min 2 late :P
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Syntax Lies
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Leatherworker Lv 50
    all the dated recipes were crazy stupid, the newer ones make alot more sense.

I dont think maple exist anymore therefore you must be talking about a dated recipe. Also linseed oil can be bought at npcs in grid and LL
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Raldo Volca
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    Maple hatchets have never existed; hatchets are always named after the metal/decoration/whatever that makes up the hatchet head.

You're likely referring to Maple hatchet hafts. Maple hatchet hafts are an old recipe and are no longer used. They are being deprecated, along with many many other dated recipes because of the exact reasons you mentioned (requiring varying ingredients from multiple crafts at various levels).

Maple hatchet hafts are used in the dated recipe for Dated Bronze Hatchet.
    (0)
    Last edited by Raldo; 12-14-2011 at 11:02 AM.