Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Player
    Character
    Simon Rose
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 70
    Months. OMG It wasn't that I wasn't getting the weather window, nonetheless rare. I just couldn't catch it. I'd get the mooch, thinking, "This is it", then....The Fish Gets Away.... I would have gone through many TV's if I had a handgun next to me at the time. I'd watch people come and go a few times, then, wham, they'd get theirs, but me....The Fish Gets Away.... (*shoots TV*). Then, finally, my guy stood up and reeled it in. Like someone above said, it makes you appreciate the title that much more. Stick with it, you'll get it.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Thalia Beckford
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by BorisDaBlade View Post
    I actually like this quest. You'll learn to appreciate the title when you EARN it. I know I do.
    There's nothing to be proud of in being able to endure pointless tedium, though. If you have to re-arrange your life around something in a game and even then there's no guarantee you'll accomplish the task, something is very wrong with their design. I put up with this sort of shit back in EverQuest because that was how MMOs were and we didn't know any better. There is absolutely no reason to have this in modern MMOs and the fact they do just shows that what Yoshi-P has said about not giving a damn about crafting and gathering is true. It's very much "Well we have to give them something" instead of being well-thought out and cared for and it shows.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Song Sparrow
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    You hardly have to rearrange your life to fish up Nepto Dragon.
    (0)

cerise leclaire
    (bad omnicrafter & terrible astrologian)

Player
    Character
    Astral Flame
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    855 casts later still no Magic Bucket Minion.... I really haven't cared for minions but when I first saw this minion i really wanted it. I just don't understand why the devs would create such a system for this. 855 brute leaches is a lot of scrips or gil to be used for this minion. It seems a bit unfair that this game relies so much on RNG... sad face*

update: on my 857th cast i got it Happy Face*
    (2)
    Last edited by Astral145; 08-18-2017 at 10:29 AM.

Were numbers invented or discovered? How many Moogles does it take to make Kuponut rum? Answer: zero... They will give you a quest to make it.

Player
    Character
    Rintha Elenah
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by TaleraRistain View Post
    There's nothing to be proud of in being able to endure pointless tedium, though. If you have to re-arrange your life around something in a game and even then there's no guarantee you'll accomplish the task, something is very wrong with their design. I put up with this sort of shit back in EverQuest because that was how MMOs were and we didn't know any better. There is absolutely no reason to have this in modern MMOs and the fact they do just shows that what Yoshi-P has said about not giving a damn about crafting and gathering is true. It's very much "Well we have to give them something" instead of being well-thought out and cared for and it shows.
    If you have actually done the Feast of Famine quest, you'll know that you don't really have to re-arrange your life around it. You just have to keep an eye on the weather for some of the big fish.

You also have to keep in mind that this was a quest added in early ARR, and HW/SB have made it easier (both with the stat requirements and the new abilities). It's also not nearly as ridiculously long term and tedious as some of the more recent achievements (mentor roulette mount, centurio tiger, to name a few).

And the person you quoted is absolutely right. 'Of Dragons Deep' is one of my favourite titles, because of the solo effort it took to obtain, and the memories I have from going for each big fish.
    (2)
    Last edited by Nezerius; 08-18-2017 at 10:59 AM.

Player
    Character
    Raela Sarinelle
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80
    The bobgoblin bass window seems to appear once a month, and so far has either been when I'm sleeping or working. :V Fishing is definitely not for the impatient.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Alya Mizar
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 72
    FoF wasn't that hard in 2.x before fishers had a use for GPs.

As stated above there are online tools that help. Not to mention patience.

My fisher alt caught every single fish in 2.x before 3.0 launched and still wears the Master Caster title today. There are some 3.x big fish she hasn't caught, those are hard.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ceallach Ruarc
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    I've been trying to get a namitaro for a while now. I caught the nepto dragon, Kuno the Killer and an endoceras, and I haven't seen any windows for the shonisaurus since I began looking. I'm going after the helicoprion later, and then I'll try the namitaro again.

I'm honestly not too bothered by this quest.

Update: Quest complete!
    (0)
    Last edited by Ceallach; 09-04-2017 at 09:47 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2