Character
    Ar'telan Qin
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 70

Another Feast of Famine Grumble Thread

I know, I know.

But... my partner and I have been fishing a variety of big fish for three days straight (we're very bored) and haven't seen a SINGLE Shonisaurus window. Sure, Kuno the Killer is annoying and I've had no luck getting it, but at least I've had an OPPORTUNITY.

Is it only spawning when I'm asleep or something? Between our sleep patterns we only miss like four hours of the day, so this seems kind of ridiculous.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Tiger Undie
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    https://super-aardvark.github.io/weather/

here you can check when the next weather pattern will be
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Ar'telan Qin
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 70
    Appreciated, but I'm using the garlondtools widget and all I see is a fat load of nothing, for three days straight. ;-;

EDIT ...and then one popped. Complaining strikes again!
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Boris Taglia
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    I actually like this quest. You'll learn to appreciate the title when you EARN it. I know I do.

It's a pita, I agree. Now, go try to get the magic bucket minion in CWH and let us know how that goes, lol.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Ar'telan Qin
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by BorisDaBlade View Post
    You'll learn to appreciate the title when you EARN it.
    I caught Kuno the Killer today and I paid for that in blood, it's just been quite frustrating (especially now this is the last one I need) that Shonisaurus' spawning times appear to line up exactly with when I need to sleep, lmao. Wouldn't be grumbling if it got away, because then at least I'd've had a chance to catch it!

(And it did get away in that window I caught by staying up until 3am... fml)
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Boris Taglia
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    I would recommend making sure you're fishing in the right spot as well as waiting for the weather window.

I remember trying to catch the fish in S. Than (helicoprion) I was fishing the far SW hole for 2 MONTHS before I got so frustrated I looked up a youtube video and realized I was in the wrong fishing hole.

For Shoni, try fishing right next to the gate to Natanalan (sp), or at least as close as you can get to it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tallon Overworld
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 70
    use this site http://www.garlandtools.org/ffxivfisher/ and choose the fish (you can filter them by color on the left,for example feast of famine fish can be orange) you want to catch. The catching window will be highlighted so you will have time to prepare and go to the fishing spot (make sure you know the exact fishing spot name, for example helicoprion is fished on sagolii desert while olgoi is fished on sagolii dunes <- not needed).

I finished this quest in approx. 2 weeks time and here's what i suggest you do:

1) Most big fishes require either single or double mooch. Find the best bait to increase your chances to hook the first fish needed for the big one. For this use this site http://ff14angler.com/ . Search the fish you want to catch and use the bait which offers the most chances. As an extra tip, try to memorize the bite of the mooches(small-medium) so you won't be hooking useless fish.

2) Since mooches require hq fish you need to increase your chances of getting one, correct? I assume you are lvl 60 and you have all the fisher skills in your disposal. Instead of increasing your perception i suggest you increase your gp as much as you can, decent gp food + (hq) cordials, in order to abuse Patience + Powerful Hookset. Make sure you memorize the gp cost of an overall attempt to catch the big fish so when a window appears you have sufficent gp for a Powerful Hookset. Use the cordials when you run out of gp or when their cooldown is refreshed.

As fishing irl is a waiting game so it here is as well so take it easy and you will get all of them eventually. Good luck!!
    (2)
    Last edited by TallonOverworld; 06-09-2017 at 03:21 PM.

Player
    Character
    Tiger Undie
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirateski View Post
    Appreciated, but I'm using the garlondtools widget and all I see is a fat load of nothing, for three days straight. ;-;

EDIT ...and then one popped. Complaining strikes again!
    not sure if you tried it, but that site is way better than garlondtools :P

there will be 7 possible windows over the duration of this weekend, gl
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Song Sparrow
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    It took me forever to get a shonisaurus window, but once I got it, I caught it almost immediately. You'll get it, just be patient! I worked on my Atma books for my WHM relic while I waited, which helped me feel less bored. Feast of Famine has been in the game long enough that they are likely never going to change it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lho Polaali
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 23
    Quote Originally Posted by ServerCollaps View Post
    https://super-aardvark.github.io/weather/

here you can check when the next weather pattern will be
    I am so going to try that out, thank you. Now, whether or not I'll be able to get my fish is an entirely different story lmao
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast