Player
    Character
    Rizon Cerberus
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 81
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephrick View Post
    It's not like we set the timeline. No one but Square Enix is in charge of it. There's no reason for them to set deadlines they can't meet. Back when they decided to do all of this a year ago, they should have planned it so that they were working a patch ahead of themselves. So that way when they release 1.19, they're actually finishing 1.20.

That's why people get so annoyed at these constant delays. It's SE who decides when they should be released, and no one else. They should be able to meet their own deadlines. If they were smart, they'd have said 1.20 was coming at the end of December from the start. That way when they deliver it around the 16th, they look like heroes.
    In most cases you would be right. Just not this time. This team is doing 2 major projects at once. They are consistantly working to keep there promise to those of us who bought this game at release by generating fixes and new content under the current set up. At the same time they are working on developing a whole new game from the ground up that will incorporate these changes. If you remember back to last January we told Yoshida, via the poll, that we agreed with the concept of a totally rewrite of the game. At the same time SE has other projects in the works. While doing all of this SE has allowed us to play and develope our characters for free when the smart buisness decision would have been to shut the game down and try again. If this sounds like a lovefest for Yoshida and his team then so be it. I can accept these delays so that they can get it right.
    (2)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Rizon View Post
    I am a firm supporter of the MH but these changes were needed plus several more to come at a later date. Getting it right is the primary thing. I can wait.
    i know and i agree. but i was disappointed and looking for some1 to blame. today i'm not i such a finger pointing mood :P

P.S. it would have been to easy to jump on the "hate SE bandwagon" that is why i blamed them that pushed for the market changes instead
    (0)
    What I have shown you is reality. What you remember, that is the illusion.

Player
    Character
    Yuki Ynagi
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    all right biggs, compare ffxiv to cod. They cost the same !
    Seriusly, lolwut. I didn't liked skyrim, but that don't mean i shoul compare it to a mmorpg.
    ANY mmorpg.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sephrick Markarius
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by yukikaze_yanagi View Post
    all right biggs, compare ffxiv to cod. They cost the same !
    Seriusly, lolwut. I didn't liked skyrim, but that don't mean i shoul compare it to a mmorpg.
    ANY mmorpg.
    What's your point? MW3 just made a billion dollars in 16 days. It has more engaging multiplayer than XIV. I can even team up with friends for challenging PvE content. Plus, MW3 is a lot like XIV when it first released in that we have a character level and a level for each weapon.

What's not to compare? RPG elements are in most games these days. As MW3 shows, if a grind is done properly those nasty "casual gamers" don't mind a grind.

Only difference is Activision takes their flagship titles seriously and understands do-overs aren't likely.
    (4)

Character
    Behemoth King
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephrick View Post
    What's your point? MW3 just made a billion dollars in 16 days. It has more engaging multiplayer than XIV. I can even team up with friends for challenging PvE content. Plus, MW3 is a lot like XIV when it first released in that we have a character level and a level for each weapon.

What's not to compare? RPG elements are in most games these days. As MW3 shows, if a grind is done properly those nasty "casual gamers" don't mind a grind.

Only difference is Activision takes their flagship titles seriously and understands do-overs aren't likely.
    Exactly. PLus 1 man. Its not like I am comparing cats to the planet mars here. We are talking about games within the same genre. Both have very similar elements in game design and Playability. Certainly I understand that SE is making every attempt to repair what was done, and I applaud them for having the balls to do what no other major gaming company has ever done (that I know of) by doing so. I hope that they are successful in every way and we get the game we were hoping for. But its only natural when mistakes are made that people will make comparisons.

Lets hope this next patch bring thems one step closer to reaching their goal when it is finally released. (See how I used that last part to stay on topic? )
    (3)

Community Rep
    Hey guys. I wanted to come in here with the official translations from Yoshida about the 1.20 patch release date.
    Thank you for your patience while waiting for our translations.

Quote Originally Posted by Naoki_Yoshida View Post
    Hi, this is Producer/Director Yoshida here.

My apologies to everyone with regards to the release date of patch 1.20.
    Up until now we have been working on finalizing patch 1.20, however while we were doing this we discovered a few critical issues related to the market search and servers. Up until yesterday we were carrying out fixes, but today we are going to have to carry out one more round of checks as it's important for us to get back to a stabilized condition.

Unfortunately we can confirm that it will take a minimum of 2 days to clear this up, therefore the patch that was scheduled for release on Dec 14th will now be scheduled for Dec 16th at the earliest. My sincerest apologies for this unexpected delay.

We will make a topic announcement sometime today with a more defined date. Again I am really sorry to have to tell you this right before the release.
    I'm going to get back to work on coordinating the fixes for the release so please bare with us for just a little more.
    And here is his most recent update:

Quote Originally Posted by Naoki_Yoshida View Post
    Hello, this is Yoshida, the producer/director.

I apologize sincerely for the troubles we have caused by our delay of patch 1.20. At first, we decided that it would be possible to release the patch on the 14th, but upon our final master QA inspection we discovered a critical bug that required fixing before the release of the patch.
    (The bug occurs with low frequency only when the system is heavily loaded, so it took us a long time to discover it.)

In order to remove the affected area and release the patch without the bug, we would have to mask the affected program codes and completely re-inspect the entire patch. Doing so would likely push back the release date further than if we fixed the bug, so we decided to fix the bug. Fortunately, the bug has already been fixed, so we can confirm another release date as long as no further problems are discovered in tomorrow’s QA inspection.
    (With that said, I cannot say anything else for certain until the inspection is completed, so please wait until tomorrow for an update.)

There is also a seasonal event included in this patch, so I would like to release the patch by this weekend for players to enjoy.

I am very sorry that my miscalculations have caused a lot of trouble. From here on out, I will be more careful in my calculations before announcing a definite release date. We appreciate your continued support.
    (53)
    Bethany "Rukkirii" Stout - Community Team

Player
    Character
    Fiofel Zalalafell
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukkirii View Post
    Hey guys. I wanted to come in here with the official translations from Yoshida about the 1.20 patch release date.

Thank you Rukkirii!

*cartwheels away into a star*

edit: Tis' strange. Your post does not show up on the front page tracker (yet). Ninja opo!
    (0)
    Last edited by Fiosha_Maureiba; 12-14-2011 at 06:16 AM.

Player
    Character
    Sephrick Markarius
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukkirii View Post

Thank you for the translations!
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Hirya Vermilionclaw
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Lemme guess, you all talking about Skyrim cuz someone stole your sweetroll...
    (1)

Player
    Character
    King Zeus
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 50
    there are a lot more posts that Reinheart has been translating all morning, which has been posted a few times already

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...l=1#post479536
    (0)

Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast