Player
    Character
    Maelina Sylfei
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 64
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukkirii View Post
    Hey guys. I wanted to come in here with the official translations from Yoshida about the 1.20 patch release date.
    Thank you for your patience while waiting for our translations.

And here is his most recent update:
    For Yoshi-P, don't worry about "miscalculation" of release dates, 2 days doesn't count as miscalculation.
    I much prefer the rough estimate of December 14th than none at all.

Keep up your great work devs!
    (5)
    LOL cash shop! SE's way to tell their player how they appreciate them... pull the carrot and empty your pockets $$$
    And to those who support it: you are kicking yourselves. -- We just need to sit back and laugh at people with cash shop items.
    (Marvelous economics IQ test!)

Player
    Character
    Maelina Sylfei
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 64
    Quote Originally Posted by Brainriot View Post
    Lemme guess, you all talking about Skyrim cuz someone stole your sweetroll...
    I used to talk about Skyrim like you, but I took an arrow in the knee...
    (2)
    LOL cash shop! SE's way to tell their player how they appreciate them... pull the carrot and empty your pockets $$$
    And to those who support it: you are kicking yourselves. -- We just need to sit back and laugh at people with cash shop items.
    (Marvelous economics IQ test!)

Player
    Character
    Thanos Xiv
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Avraym View Post
    Theres been countless replies where people are saying, "Its fine".

I count that as defending.

I'm just annoyed for 2 reasons.
    1) Patch delay has a strong history in FFXIV
    2) I'm not going to be able to play until 6 days after the release now and was keen to play 1.20 before then. Its just bad timing.
    1) should be used to it then
    2) 6 days isnt really that long
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Rane Farstrider
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Alerith View Post
    I'm surprised I'm not hearing a little more happiness (or any response) from mages. The I, II, III, IV tier system has gone away, and they've gone the FFVIII route of pure 'Base' '-ra' '-ga' spells, all of which scale with your level.

I'm no mage player, but the spell lists for both look pretty damn nice.

Also, as a Gladiator main, I'm seeing options for a lot more teamwork in longer battles. Our seemingly two heaviest hitting WS are best used behind tells me we aren't supposed to have hate in the beginning, and that it's going to be a combined, dual tanking effort.

That, or they just opened up a bit more DD options for GLA.
    Now that you mention it, the changes to the spell lists as well as the action and trait lists in general look really good.

I like how the various elemental spells have different effects. While its nice throwing a lightning spell at an obviously water-based enemy, most of the time I'm fighting stuff that doesn't have an elemental affinity. So I just throw out whatever spell I have since they do the same thing. But not anymore. Now I'm going to be able to pick from a variety of elemental spells with different effects, with my choice depending on the current conditions of the battle and the strategy I'm employing.

We won't know for sure until we get a chance to get used to the new system, but right now I think battles could potentially end up being a lot more fun.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Exocryst Lebreska
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanos View Post
    1) should be used to it then
    2) 6 days isnt really that long
    I used to go outside, then I took an arrow to the knee. >_>

Seriously, I anticipate the reindeer suits
    (2)
    <--Giver of yarns, not the giver of darns :3
    Follow me on Twitter @Antanias_

Player
    Character
    Eyriwaen Zirhmusyn
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    I'd like to think most of the players agree with me in saying "No problem Yoshi P". I honestly don't mind that it has to be pushed back a day (Well... I do wish I could have the update sooner, but I know it's not possible), but I do appreciate the transparency and openness.

I appreciate being told what's going on, even if it mean a promised release date has to be changed. This openness is what will save FFXIV, so never be afraid to let us know what's up
    (6)

Player

thank god. i get to finish finals...
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Firon Veleth
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Urthdigger View Post
    I'd like to think most of the players agree with me in saying "No problem Yoshi P". I honestly don't mind that it has to be pushed back a day (Well... I do wish I could have the update sooner, but I know it's not possible), but I do appreciate the transparency and openness.

I appreciate being told what's going on, even if it mean a promised release date has to be changed. This openness is what will save FFXIV, so never be afraid to let us know what's up
    To bad most ppl gonna think your white-knighting cause of that(lol never typed those 2 words together before....)
    but yeah shit happens and sometimes you have to deal with it.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Muga Orunitia
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    Even though I don't agree with the way they're handling a lot of things, I really do appreciate it when they're being upfront about what's going on. It makes things a lot less frustrating.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Amy Rae
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 32
    Quote Originally Posted by Urthdigger View Post

You would think more people would appreciate taking the time to issue content right after such a disastrous beginning over a year ago. How soon people forget...
    (5)
    (original by GalvatronZero)

Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast