Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Alisette Dumont
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    As a SCH main, the noct shields feel like such a slap in the face.

I still like the idea of AST having a regen and a shield stance, but not like this.
    WHM was build around large heals and regens, but Diurnal AST now outshines them.
    SCH was build around utility and shields, but Nocturnal AST now outshines them.

Maybe I am being a special snowflake, maybe I am being petty, but it still feels like I am getting slapped in the face.
    (14)

Player
    Character
    Astrum Iaennau
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Yamimarik View Post
    /snip
    You like to keep demanding quotes but I don't believe anyone has asked for a pre-Stormblood nerf. There's also no "on par with WHM and SCH," the only way a SCH can outheal this SB-AST is by getting a Crit-Adlo and using Deployment, and with the DPS nerf SCH is receiving, the buff uptime from two ASTs is looking more and more ideal.

I see you demanding a lot from people arguing with you but you're offering absolutely no constructive criticism at all, you've just either quoted other people or gotten snarky with people who stated their opinions.

The only reason people don't want AST so megabuffed is because healing is so simple you can literally watch Netflix if you're just healing. If other healers are brought up to that level, I'm done with it. That's boring. No one wants healers at that level.
    (15)

Player
    Character
    Astrum Iaennau
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 80
    tl;dr: You have offered no opinion or feedback, you've been nothing but rude, you're just parroting other people, and at this point I'd disagree with you if you said the sky was blue, because I don't like your attitude.
    (11)

Player
    Character
    Marius Heilstos
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Alice_89th View Post
    As a SCH main, the noct shields feel like such a slap in the face.

I still like the idea of AST having a regen and a shield stance, but not like this.
    WHM was build around large heals and regens, but Diurnal AST now outshines them.
    SCH was build around utility and shields, but Nocturnal AST now outshines them.

Maybe I am being a special snowflake, maybe I am being petty, but it still feels like I am getting slapped in the face.

So If I say, that I do not like the free Heal form Fairys. Because the Fairy "outshine" AST and Whm. Should SE delet the Eos and Selene. I dont think so.

I have clarified that the astro shields are only an adaptation to the power of Adlos + fairyhealing by the scholars. -> Link

At the Moment the SCH "outshines" every Healer atm. He is not a shild Healer anymore because the support if the fairy.

Either You can heal with strong shields and and be a shield healers or you heal with shields plus support from Eos and is a hybrid-Petmasterhealer with shilds.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Imbri Undinare
    World
    Kujata
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrocco View Post
    Not sure if I referred to this in this thread or another, but since it's all Star/Fate based I'd go for Denial for "Undraw" and Alteration for "Redraw"
    Undraw should be "Discard" and Redraw should probably be "Reshuffle" but that's just me =p
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Lydia Fasfurl
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70
    Being an AST main I gotta throw my two cents in here and say that I don't believe we need a buff to this degree.
    That said, we're all discussing based on current content. It could be that over the course of SB we find that these changes were figured out by the Dev team to be necessary to keep up with new encounters etc.
    Or maybe it really is just bad oversight on their part, we don't know yet until it's released.

My concern is healing boredom.
    With this buff, the possible boredom that will come from safe healing and elongated windows for uninteresting dps rotations means I will be on auto pilot 100% of the time.
    When I heal, I'm having the most fun when the odds are stacked against the party, when the party is taking damage and it's requiring quick reactions and be as alert as possible.

TL;DR I vote that this is an unnecessary buff. I do not enjoy easy healing with long, uninteresting dps rotations for a whole duties worth of content.
    (3)
    Last edited by LydiaF; 06-06-2017 at 08:13 PM.

Player
    Character
    Kirsa Ishtola
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 37
    Quote Originally Posted by Heilstos View Post
    So If I say, that I do not like the free Heal form Fairys. Because the Fairy "outshine" AST and Whm. Should SE delet the Eos and Selene. I dont think so.

At the Moment the SCH "outshines" every Healer atm. He is not a shild Healer anymore because the support if the fairy.

Either You can heal with strong shields and and be a shield healers or you heal with shields plus support from Eos and is a hybrid-Petmasterhealer with shilds.
    The AST shield buff is still a bit much considering just how much they can do. Right now it seems like they have the most utility on top of really good healing in both stances (along with arguably better DPS than SCH now depending on if the changes as we know them go through). Plus, the fairy is getting a slight nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by LydiaF View Post
    My concern is healing boredom.
    With this buff, the possible boredom that will come from safe healing and elongated windows for uninteresting dps rotations means I will be on auto pilot 100% of the time.
    This is my biggest worry right now. It especially worries me for SCH, as I feel like it may end up being super boring to play in Stormblood. I'm considering switching to DPS for the expansion because I honestly don't like the way things are going for healers. Still haven't decided what to do yet. May still go WHM, or give in to the blatant AST favoritism. If not, I'll just go back to BRD since I am super excited for the changes.
    (5)
    Last edited by Evumeimei; 06-06-2017 at 09:07 PM.

Character
    Kaurie Lorhart
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 60
    As a hybrid class, I would prefer if AST was more hybrid based. Diurnal and Nocturnal should work like the bard songs, a stance that lasts 30 seconds on a 50 second cooldown or so. Have the ASTs alternate whether they are shielding or regening, and have their shields/regens stack with WHM/SCH. Make WHM and SCH's regens and shields more potent than ASTs, where AST doesn't shine in the potency department, but in the group buffs and ability to regen and shield in a fight. It would make AST more fun to play and it would help keep WHM/SCH both relevant and maintain their strengths.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Mature Rudlum
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70
    WHY are we asking for nerf or buff WHEN THE BLOODY GAME IS NOT EVEN OUT??!!

People are either bored or got too much time on their hands.
    (11)

Character
    Kaurie Lorhart
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Mature View Post
    WHY are we asking for nerf or buff WHEN THE BLOODY GAME IS NOT EVEN OUT??!!

People are either bored or got too much time on their hands.
    Seems pretty crazy that people are using things like math and quoted design philosophy to draw conclusions!
    (11)

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast